• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did anyone notice

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Did anyone notice that the stock market started to tank at the same time democrats won back the House. Everything they touch, they ruin. It seems to me that people should wise up to that fact.

Did anyone notice that conservatives are absolutely incapable of personal responsibility? You took credit for Obama's economy on the first day Trump was inaugurated. The terrible, miserable economy you whined 8 years about magically became a booming, amazing economy overnight. Now, while you've retained ALL branches of government for 2 straight years, and STILL DO, you're trying to blame the downturn on anyone else but Trump's horrible policies. He's started trade wars, demolished the budget with tax cuts, and implemented many destructive economic policies, and now the chickens have come home to roost. This is 100% on Trump and his supporters.

Did anyone notice that the stock market started to tank at the same time democrats won back the House. Everything they touch, they ruin. It seems to me that people should wise up to that fact.

Bubbles always pop spreading misery as they do.....the thing to do is make the economy functional enough that major bubbles like this current stock market bubble are not created....something that we have been unable/unwilling to do.

Yes, I've mentioned that several times. Just like the market boomed as soon as Trump won, it's dying because the Dems won the house. Stand by for the usual suspects to spew the usual effluvia.

It did dip right after the election, but almost rebounded to pre-election level less than a month later. So you might need to bark up a different tree.

giphy.gif

Did anyone notice that conservatives are absolutely incapable of personal responsibility? You took credit for Obama's economy on the first day Trump was inaugurated.
LOL, why would ANYONE take credit for that pathetic piece of crap - wheezing along at an anemic 2% growth, the first President since WW II to not have a single year of 3% growth, doubling the debt. Nothing there to claim.

RabidAlpaca said:
The terrible, miserable economy you whined 8 years about magically became a booming, amazing economy overnight.
Nope, it took almost a year to get it moving well.

rabidAlpaca said:
Now, while you've retained ALL branches of government for 2 straight years, and STILL DO, you're trying to blame the downturn on anyone else but Trump's horrible policies. He's started trade wars, demolished the budget with tax cuts, and implemented many destructive economic policies, and now the chickens have come home to roost. This is 100% on Trump and his supporters.
Nonsense. Within a week of the Dems taking the house that market began its descent, turning from a continually uphill climb. Revenues grew, we recovered almost a half-million manufacturing jobs that Obama told us "aren't coming back", unemployment is extremely low and minorities are enjoying RECORD unemployment. Wages are growing, GDP is growing. Nothing destructive except a Dem majority in the House.

It did dip right after the election, but almost rebounded to pre-election level less than a month later. So you might need to bark up a different tree.
And where did it go since then?

Did anyone notice that conservatives are absolutely incapable of personal responsibility? You took credit for Obama's economy on the first day Trump was inaugurated. The terrible, miserable economy you whined 8 years about magically became a booming, amazing economy overnight. Now, while you've retained ALL branches of government for 2 straight years, and STILL DO, you're trying to blame the downturn on anyone else but Trump's horrible policies. He's started trade wars, demolished the budget with tax cuts, and implemented many destructive economic policies, and now the chickens have come home to roost. This is 100% on Trump and his supporters.

You are hyperventilating over a market pullback. The overall economy is humming along at full employment and rising wages. There are a number of reasons why the stock market is falling and the dems promise of political turmoil for the next two years is certainly one of them. Hate, anger and envy prevent you from seeing that though. But I dont mind helping you out.

LOL, why would ANYONE take credit for that pathetic piece of crap - wheezing along at an anemic 2% growth, the first President since WW II to not have a single year of 3% growth, doubling the debt. Nothing there to claim.

Nope, it took almost a year to get it moving well.

Nonsense. Within a week of the Dems taking the house that market began its descent, turning from a continually uphill climb. Revenues grew, we recovered almost a half-million manufacturing jobs that Obama told us "aren't coming back", unemployment is extremely low and minorities are enjoying RECORD unemployment. Wages are growing, GDP is growing. Nothing destructive except a Dem majority in the House.

Nope. Conservatives widely praised the economy on month 1 of Trump's administration. This economic downturn is 100% your fault. The stock market trades on emotion on short time scales, but long term they follow economics. Trump has been running piss poor economic policy that everyone with a brain knew would backfire, and now it has. This is due to Trumpism, you have all 3 branches of government.

You are hyperventilating over a market pullback. The overall economy is humming along at full employment and rising wages. There are a number of reasons why the stock market is falling and the dems promise of political turmoil for the next two years is certainly one of them. Hate, anger and envy prevent you from seeing that though. But I dont mind helping you out.

I'm hyperventilating? I didn't start this thread claiming the economic downturn is the Democrat's fault. I'm pointing out the numerous terrible economic decisions Trump has made that ultimately will have consequences. You can't push this off on anyone else, this is your boy at the helm.

Would youlike me to post a chart so you can see it for yourself? Nah, facts wouldnt matter to you. But you go run with the argument that democrats promising two years of political investigation, confrontation and gridlock would have no impact on markets.

Would youlike me to post a chart so you can see it for yourself? Nah, facts wouldnt matter to you. But you go run with the argument that democrats promising two years of political investigation, confrontation and gridlock would have no impact on markets.

Let's imagine, just for a second, that the President is guilty of some serious crime. Are you really saying that the investigators of said crime should be held responsible and not the person who committed the crime? The investigators didn't commit crimes, Trump did, this is 100% on him. Try personal responsibility on for size, comrade.

The last time the stock market tanked was right after the Democrats took the house.

I'm hyperventilating? I didn't start this thread claiming the economic downturn is the Democrat's fault. I'm pointing out the numerous terrible economic decisions Trump has made that ultimately will have consequences. You can't push this off on anyone else, this is your boy at the helm.

Yes, you are. The markets have taken a significant dive, but the overall economy is unfazed and doing quite well. And as I pointed out to beefheart, only someone with his head buried in the partisan sandbox would not see how democrats promising two years of investigation, confrontation and gridlock would negatively impact the markets.

Yes, you are. The markets have taken a significant dive, but the overall economy is unfazed and doing quite well. And as I pointed out to beefheart, only someone with his head buried in the partisan sandbox would not see how democrats promising two years of investigation, confrontation and gridlock would negatively impact the markets.

If the president committed crimes, that is EXACTLY what our Constitution and society requires. No, it is not the cop's fault for investigating the criminal, it's the ****ing criminal.

Let's imagine, just for a second, that the President is guilty of some serious crime. Are you really saying that the investigators of said crime should be held responsible and not the person who committed the crime? The investigators didn't commit crimes, Trump did, this is 100% on him. Try personal responsibility on for size, comrade.

Personal responsibility for what? I havent done anything and as of today, neither has Trump. How about we wait and see what Mueller brings before you find him guilty. Is that too much to ask of you?

Personal responsibility for what? I havent done anything and as of today, neither has Trump. How about we wait and see what Mueller brings before you find him guilty. Is that too much to ask of you?

You're blaming the investigation itself for the economic downturn and now you're telling me we should wait for the results of the investigation? Why don't you do just that? Sure has been a LOT of convictions so far though.

No, it is not the cop's fault for investigating the criminal, it's the ****ing criminal's.

If the president committed crimes, that is EXACTLY what our Constitution and society requires. No, it is not the cop's fault for investigating the criminal, it's the ****ing criminal.

Hes not a criminal. You want him to be but he isnt. But thank you for at least not denying that democrat threats have hurt the market.

Hes not a criminal. You want him to be but he isnt. But thank you for at least not denying that democrat threats have hurt the market.

I think it says a lot that you're so desperate for a win right now you're going to try to find a win in something I didn't say. The convictions keep on comin', and the market hates instability.

They took credit BEFORE the inauguration.

Oh Fletch, just calm down and enjoy the holiday. Santa brought a spell checker!

Trump owned the stock market when it was up, he needs to own it now.

Your cult leader is having a bad week....

I think it says a lot that you're so desperate for a win right now you're going to try to find a win in something I didn't say. The convictions keep on comin', and the market hates instability.

Im not desperate for anything. I am simply pointing out facts that your TDS prevents you from grasping. You have no clue as to why the market is dropping, you are simply aping left wing talking points as you always do. Its simply hackish to blame Trump which is why you do it.

Im not desperate for anything. I am simply pointing out facts that your TDS prevents you from grasping. You have no clue as to why the market is dropping, you are simply aping left wing talking points as you always do. Its simply hackish to blame Trump which is why you do it.

Oh but you DO know why the economy is dropping, and it must be those 2018 election results!

What's the topic of the thread chief? Check it again. Democrats at fault for the economy.

Oh Fletch, just calm down and enjoy the holiday. Santa brought a spell checker!

Trump owned the stock market when it was up, he needs to own it now.

Your cult leader is having a bad week....

Except you didnt give him credit when it was up and you wont give him credit when it recovers.

Oh but you DO know why the economy is dropping, and it must be those 2018 election results!

What's the topic of the thread chief? Check it again. Democrats at fault for the economy.

The ECONOMY is not dropping. The stock market is. NOt surprised you dont know the difference.

Back
Top Bottom