• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did anyone notice

Did anyone notice that the stock market started to tank at the same time democrats won back the House. Everything they touch, they ruin. It seems to me that people should wise up to that fact.

But remember, as Trump likes to point out, the Republicans gained in the Senate. So there goes your theory...

Hes not a criminal. You want him to be but he isnt.

If it were up to me, Trump would still be swindlin' in NYC where his potential crimes would not be under the microscope. The delicious irony is that his rabid supporter base will most likely be his downfall.

Did anyone notice that the stock market started to tank at the same time democrats won back the House. Everything they touch, they ruin. It seems to me that people should wise up to that fact.

Wow! Such power the Democrats have! They can tank the stock market even before taking office! Amazing, simply amazing. Of course, we all know that Trump gets the credit whenever the stock market goes up, but the Democrats are to blame when it goes down.

Same result different decade. And the nonstop threats of senseless "investigations" to "GET TRUMP" , the most business friendly POTUS since Jefferson, aren't helping matters, either.

Im not desperate for anything. I am simply pointing out facts that your TDS prevents you from grasping. You have no clue as to why the market is dropping, you are simply aping left wing talking points as you always do. Its simply hackish to blame Trump which is why you do it.

As Beefheart said, if Trump gets to take credit for a surging stock market he has to take blame when it falls. Can't have it both ways.

Except you didnt give him credit when it was up and you wont give him credit when it recovers.

It doesn't matter. He took credit when it was down, so......

He is a liar and a braggart, he needs to live by his words.

And where did it go since then?

Does not matter. If it had truly been the Ds, would have continued to decline, not go back up again.

Nope. Conservatives widely praised the economy on month 1 of Trump's administration.
I doubt that.

RapidAlpaca said:
This economic downturn is 100% your fault. The stock market trades on emotion on short time scales, but long term they follow economics. Trump has been running piss poor economic policy that everyone with a brain knew would backfire, and now it has. This is due to Trumpism, you have all 3 branches of government.
And yet the down turn is, so far relatively short and than the boom much longer. Kinda shoots your theory in the ass.

RapidAlpaca said:
I'm hyperventilating?
absolutely.

RapidAplaca said:
I didn't start this thread claiming the economic downturn is the Democrat's fault. I'm pointing out the numerous terrible economic decisions Trump has made that ultimately will have consequences. You can't push this off on anyone else, this is your boy at the helm.
And STILL MORE hyperventilating.

And yet, your name is “Logical.” Post hoc non est propter hoc. A old “logical” adage: Trans... “after which is not because of which,” for those of you not tormented by Latin.

You wish. :lamo

Not really. There is no way to correlate the drop to the Ds with so much else going on, particularly when you factor in the the subsequent increase back up to within 1.4% of when they won the elections.

Not really. There is no way to correlate the drop to the Ds with so much else going on, particularly when you factor in the the subsequent increase back up to within 1.4% of when they won the elections.
LOL, you desperation is just getting worse and worse. IF you remember there were several elections that weren't decided for a week or more after the election. But it seemed that everyone of them went for Dems, when it became clean the majority the Dems were going to have it the flood gates opened.

Did anyone notice that conservatives are absolutely incapable of personal responsibility? You took credit for Obama's economy on the first day Trump was inaugurated. The terrible, miserable economy you whined 8 years about magically became a booming, amazing economy overnight. Now, while you've retained ALL branches of government for 2 straight years, and STILL DO, you're trying to blame the downturn on anyone else but Trump's horrible policies. He's started trade wars, demolished the budget with tax cuts, and implemented many destructive economic policies, and now the chickens have come home to roost. This is 100% on Trump and his supporters.

I give this post two snaps and a circle.

Lol....the market has been tanking all year.

I thought this great rise in the stock market and the booming economy was thanks to Obama, now that the markets are in decline oh no Trumps fault.

Notice the trend of elections not effective taken office dates.
Notice Trump win UP
Notice Demorcrats win house Down

LOL, you desperation is just getting worse and worse. IF you remember there were several elections that weren't decided for a week or more after the election. But it seemed that everyone of them went for Dems, when it became clean the majority the Dems were going to have it the flood gates opened.

LOL, the rise peaked on Dec 3, 4 weeks after the election. LOL.

Confidence can have a big impact, regardless of who's in the house

As Beefheart said, if Trump gets to take credit for a surging stock market he has to take blame when it falls. Can't have it both ways.

Did you give him credit?

It doesn't matter. He took credit when it was down, so......

He is a liar and a braggart, he needs to live by his words.

And so do you. You didnt give him credit when it was rising but you place blame on him when it falls. Thats dishonest and hypocritical, but okay when you do it.

The stock market began to go down in the first week of October and had little to do with the Democrats. The fall being seen is more about uncertainty than it is about anything else. Trump's Trade War was one of the main reasons for selling interest as Trade Wars have always been a negative to the market. Add to that, the continuing increase in interest rates as well as Trump decisions that affect our standing in the world, both militarily but also emotionally.

Uncertainty always causes the markets to go down and though the Democrats winning the House does bring uncertainty about the future, the fall is more based on Trump's decisions than not.

Case in point is what happened yesterday. At 10:45 am the DOW was up about 220 points and then Trump tweeted about how he wanted to displace Powell as Fed Chief and the index proceeded to drop 800 points. This had absolutely nothing to do with the Democrats and everything to do with Trump's tweet that brought uncertainty to the market. .

By the way, the mid-term elections were on November 6th and the DOW closed that day at 25635 and 2 days later the index was at 26277 and 16 days later it was at 25980, meaning that the Democrats taking over the House had no negative effect.

You really need to learn more about how the stock market works before you make a statement such as this one, which is full of a lack of information as well as a lack of knowledge of how the traders think

The last time the stock market tanked was right after the Democrats took the house.

Check again.

Here is the chart of the DOW, why don't you prove your point using it.

ChartDow.jpg

Personal responsibility for what? I havent done anything and as of today, neither has Trump. How about we wait and see what Mueller brings before you find him guilty. Is that too much to ask of you?

Yesterday was a perfect example of the effect Trump has on the market. At 10:30 am the DOW was up about 230 points and then Trump tweeted about the possibility of removing Fed Chief Powell and the market immediately tanked and by the end of the day it had fallen 900 points from the high of the day, all off of Trump's tweet. Trump is 100% guilty of yesterday's drop.

Did anyone notice that conservatives are absolutely incapable of personal responsibility? You took credit for Obama's economy on the first day Trump was inaugurated. The terrible, miserable economy you whined 8 years about magically became a booming, amazing economy overnight. Now, while you've retained ALL branches of government for 2 straight years, and STILL DO, you're trying to blame the downturn on anyone else but Trump's horrible policies. He's started trade wars, demolished the budget with tax cuts, and implemented many destructive economic policies, and now the chickens have come home to roost. This is 100% on Trump and his supporters.

Liberals are just as bad as conservatives, if this economy is good then liberals say it was because of Obama (he himself said get used to it , it’s not coming back, and does Trump have a magic wand or something) yes that Obama. And if the economy is good we say it’s because of Trump.
Conservatives say it’s still Trumps economy good or bad.
The feds did just raise interest again, don’t understand why other than to bring down Trump and Obamas economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not desperate for anything. I am simply pointing out facts that your TDS prevents you from grasping. You have no clue as to why the market is dropping, you are simply aping left wing talking points as you always do. Its simply hackish to blame Trump which is why you do it.

I know why the market is dropping and it is 80% Trump Fault. The Trade War started it, interest rates going up pushed it lower and overall uncertainty about White House decisions made it go over the cliff.

By the way, it is my job to know why the market goes up and down. I am a stock market analyst and have been doing it for 42 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom