• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Diamondbacks denied $65 million for Chase Field "repairs"

Good, these teams have enough money that they can either pay for stadium enhancements themselves, or take out a loan to do so.

sportsball owners need to build and maintain their own ****ing stadiums. i mean, FFS.

Putting this in the General Political Discussion forums because I think it's more about politics and taxes than sports.

Good, as a Maricopa county resident, I paid to build that palace for multi millionaires.

Ken Kendrick and his team can either pay up, or move. Sick of socialized sports.

In fairness it must be pointed out that the DBack rev picture is not good:

• MLB revenue by team/franchise 2015 | Statistic

In fact I think I am right in saying that Phoenix is overall one of the worst places to own a pro team of those cities that have a pro team.

If they can't afford it, then they can sell the team or the MLB can give them money. I am sure the rest of the owners would prefer they sell it though instead of getting special treatment. Let's take care of the citizens in these cities before the millionaires that can take care of themselves.

Good, these teams have enough money that they can either pay for stadium enhancements themselves, or take out a loan to do so.

Agreed.

Ken Kendrick can sell his trading card collection if he wants the money so bad

So I was reading into this a bit, less than 20 years onto a 30 year deal that was as I recall widely regarded at the time as being very nicey sweet towards MLB these assholes are bitching and moaning and threatening to issue ultimatums about leaving town and making demands that a new owner take over the stadium and demanding to pay less rent and and and.......

Well now....

:censored

!

Last edited:
I appreciate the sentiments expressed here in this thread, but there is a bit of hypocrisy involved in that government on a regular basis supports and subsidizes all kinds of businesses and industries to either locate in their jurisdiction or remain in their jurisdiction. These initiatives are usually taken because the jurisdiction recognizes the economic benefits they accrue from the investment. In addition to the jobs and tax revenue involved in such an investment, there is also a lot of tourism dollars that are generated as well.

If you don't like this proposal, then you shouldn't like Obama bailing out Chrysler and GM to the tune of hundreds of $billions of taxpayer dollars, not a measly $65 million. It's a fact of life - some jurisdictions have to pay to attract and keep such sought after investments in their communities. Maybe Arizona would prefer to be second rate and go back to just having spring training facilities. Phoenix is supposedly one of the largest TV and otherwise markets in the US, but it's beginning to act like Atlanta Jr. when it comes to playing in the big leagues.

Back
Top Bottom