• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DHS watchdog says Trump's acting DHS secretary changed intel report on Russian interference in 2020 election

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The house should hall Chad in for little talk under oath... "Truth Social" my ass...

Former Homeland Security Acting Secretary Chad Wolf changed and delayed an intelligence report detailing Russian interference in the 2020 U.S. presidential election, according to a new review by the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) top watchdog.

The decision to deviate from DHS standard review procedures "rais[ed] objectivity concerns," according to the report, and led to the perception that unorthodox interference by a top DHS official was intended to help Donald Trump's reelection bid.

The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) at DHS, through its Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), released the redacted results of its investigation into Russian interference in the election — "DHS Actions Related to an I&A Intelligence Product Deviated from Standard Procedures" — on Tuesday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps...el-report-russian-interference-2020-election/

Gee, this sounds familiar.

Analysts in DHS' Cyber Mission Center (CYMC) began drafting the original intelligence product titled, "Russia Likely to Denigrate Health of US Candidates to Influence 2020 Electoral Dynamics" in April 2020, to warn state and local governments of a noticeable uptick in Russian state media efforts to question then-candidate President Joe Biden's mental health after Super Tuesday.

Analysts in DHS' Cyber Mission Center (CYMC) began drafting the original intelligence product titled, "Russia Likely to Denigrate Health of US Candidates to Influence 2020 Electoral Dynamics" in April 2020, to warn state and local governments of a noticeable uptick in Russian state media efforts to question then-candidate President Joe Biden's mental health after Super Tuesday.

Sounds familiar to this day yet. Cries that Pres Biden isn't mentally fit by the - yup, you guessed it, the T-Right.

At a July 8, 2020, meeting, Acting Secretary Chad Wolf — who is referenced to by his title but never named in Tuesday's OIG report — determined that the intelligence document should be "held" because it "made the President look bad," according to a whistleblower complaint.

Wouldn't want that - make DJT look bad, even though he did plenty of that for himself.

The house should hall Chad in for little talk under oath... "Truth Social" my ass...
Why would the House need to talk to him? Did he commit a crime? If so, you should be talking about the DOJ. The House can't do anything about it. Do you think the House should try to craft legislation to prevent whatever you think Wolf did from happening again? Okay.

But if you are just trying to get an anti-Trump narrative going, then I suggest Wolf tell the House to suck eggs.

I have to wonder though...isn't the House dog and pony show working? Don't they have a good narrative? Or have they failed as well as wasted a lot of taxpayer money and time?

Why would the House need to talk to him? Did he commit a crime? If so, you should be talking about the DOJ. The House can't do anything about it. Do you think the House should try to craft legislation to prevent whatever you think Wolf did from happening again? Okay.

But if you are just trying to get an anti-Trump narrative going, then I suggest Wolf tell the House to suck eggs.

I have to wonder though...isn't the House dog and pony show working? Don't they have a good narrative? Or have they failed as well as wasted a lot of taxpayer money and time?

Do you support the executive branch altering reports to protect the incumbent? Just a taxpayer paid lying session?

Do you support the executive branch altering reports to protect the incumbent? Just a taxpayer paid lying session?
Sure. Why not? Hell, Obama's "Intelligence Community" pushed out a bogus report about Russia and the 2016 election. So did the Republican Senate Elites. Nobody complained about that? And that wasn't to protect anyone. It was designed to damage a presidential candidate.

Now THAT'S corruption.

Sure. Why not? Hell, Obama's "Intelligence Community" pushed out a bogus report about Russia and the 2016 election. So did the Republican Senate Elites.
Link?

Former Homeland Security Acting Secretary Chad Wolf changed and delayed an intelligence report detailing Russian interference in the 2020 U.S. presidential election, according to a new review by the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) top watchdog.

The decision to deviate from DHS standard review procedures "rais[ed] objectivity concerns," according to the report, and led to the perception that unorthodox interference by a top DHS official was intended to help Donald Trump's reelection bid.

The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) at DHS, through its Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), released the redacted results of its investigation into Russian interference in the election — "DHS Actions Related to an I&A Intelligence Product Deviated from Standard Procedures" — on Tuesday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps...el-report-russian-interference-2020-election/
You leftists, the Democrats, and the mainstream news media were STILL pushing that phony, debunked, Trump/Russia collusion narrative right up to the 2020 election, and you want people to be outraged over holding back on reporting about a handful of FaceBook ad's that the Russian placed? Seriously?

You people were the ones who kept repeating those Trump/Russia collusion lies, and it was you people, not Russia, who endorsed the widespread suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story calling it "Russian disinformation", so if you want to discuss election interference you need to take a good hard look in the mirror, because it wasn't lying Russian propaganda that affected the outcome of the 2020 election, it was the lying propaganda from you people.

You leftists, the Democrats, and the mainstream news media were STILL pushing that phony, debunked, Trump/Russia collusion narrative right up to the 2020 election, and you want people to be outraged over holding back on reporting about a handful of FaceBook ad's that the Russian placed? Seriously?

You people were the ones who kept repeating those Trump/Russia collusion lies, and it was you people, not Russia, who endorsed the widespread suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story calling it "Russian disinformation", so if you want to discuss election interference you need to take a good hard look in the mirror, because it wasn't lying Russian propaganda that affected the outcome of the 2020 election, it was the lying propaganda from you people.

What makes you think us "leftists" will continue to put up with gaslighting and LIES from the GQP?

What makes you think us "leftists" will continue to put up with gaslighting and LIES from the GQP?
So when confronted with the truth that the democrats, leftists, and their always complicit media lied to the American public and interfered with the 2020 election, you refuse to address it and put up another smokescreen.

Lovely, but I'll pass.

So when confronted with the truth that the democrats, leftists, and their always complicit media lied to the American public and interfered with the 2020 election, you refuse to address it and put up another smokescreen.

Lovely, but I'll pass.

The only "truth" the GQP has been able to present is made up bullshit fantasies.. The GQP is the party of make believe conspiracies and denial of getting their asses kicked in Nov 2020....

Suppression so widespread only the select few intelligence operatives such as yourself knew about the TRIPLE top secret Hunter laptop? Let me guess, your code name is Grim Sleeper 1917....

Suppression so widespread only the select few intelligence operatives such as yourself knew about the TRIPLE top secret Hunter laptop? Let me guess, your code name is Grim Sleeper 1917....
Suppression is suppression, and doing so was easy for you since your attacks on freedom of speech was already in full swing.

In 2008, the NY Times published an unverified, unvetted story that John McCain was cheating on his wife and having an affair with someone on his campaign staff. It was picked up and reported by every media outlet in the country, including Fox News. Of course those on the right were pissed off at the Times publishing that unverified hit piece. Luckily the story was found to be untrue pretty quickly and turned out to be phony leftist propaganda, but even the day that story broke, you didn't hear any conservatives or republicans calling for the media to suppress that story, or demanding that social media outlets scrub the story from their platforms and remove anyone who dares mentions it... That's because unlike the democrats and their leftist supporters, we respect the constitutional and it's guarantee of freedom of speech and freedom of the press.

Sure. Why not? Hell, Obama's "Intelligence Community" pushed out a bogus report about Russia and the 2016 election. So did the Republican Senate Elites. Nobody complained about that? And that wasn't to protect anyone. It was designed to damage a presidential candidate.

Now THAT'S corruption.
Or your paranoia.
Everybody who doesn't only get their "news" from Fox News, Breitbart and OANN knows that Russia interfered in Trump's favor in the 2016 election. :rolleyes:

Or your paranoia.
Everybody who doesn't only get their "news" from Fox News, Breitbart and OANN knows that Russia interfered in Trump's favor in the 2016 election. :rolleyes:
Everyone who believes what the mainstream/Trump hating media...which includes Fox News...tells them has been manipulated into believing that Russia is a boogeyman.

The facts they don't tell you about present the reality.

Everyone who believes what the mainstream/Trump hating media...which includes Fox News...tells them has been manipulated into believing that Russia is a boogeyman.

:rolleyes:

Nope, not surprised at all....

.....republicans and russians, like peas in a pod.....

....."not exactly fans of our country".

:rolleyes:

Nope, not surprised at all....

.....republicans and russians, like peas in a pod.....

....."not exactly fans of our country".

All of this is irrelevant to the issue of whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

Look. Everyone has opinions. All you've done is regurgitate somebody else's opinions.

Yours is a useless post.

You are dismissed.

The facts? Get your head out of the sand. A bipartisan Senate committee headed by REPUBLICANS determined that Russia, a foreign enemy, interfered for Trump's benefit. Would you be so cavalier if they did the same for Clinton?

The trump administration was a mafia.

Supported by southern men who complain about Chicago and Oakland.

The facts? Get your head out of the sand. A bipartisan Senate committee headed by REPUBLICANS determined that Russia, a foreign enemy, interfered for Trump's benefit. Would you be so cavalier if they did the same for Clinton?

They were Republicans who hated Trump. You can't trust a damned thing they say or do. Tell me...do you trust McConnell? I don't. He's proven to be a Trump hater, too.

I don't give a rat's ass what anyone does for Clinton. She...and he...are past history. Gone. Waiting to be buried. (thank god)

They were Republicans who hated Trump. You can't trust a damned thing they say or do. Tell me...do you trust McConnell? I don't. He's proven to be a Trump hater, too.

I don't give a rat's ass what anyone does for Clinton. She...and he...are past history. Gone. Waiting to be buried. (thank god)
Let's keep on topic, shall we? Are saying that the intelligence community and a bipartisan Senate committee manufactured evidence because they hated Trump?

Mr. Murphy said he refused to focus his efforts on China and Iran because he thought Russia was the greater problem.

But that isn't his decision to make. His job is to provide information so the president, the elected official with the constitutional authority to make foreign policy, can make a decision.

Let's keep on topic, shall we? Are saying that the intelligence community and a bipartisan Senate committee manufactured evidence because they hated Trump?
They both manufactured false and misleading reports...and yes, they did it to damage Trump and keep the false Trump/Russia nonsense going.

They both manufactured false and misleading reports...and yes, they did it to damage Trump and keep the false Trump/Russia nonsense going.
:ROFLMAO: You are dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom