• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DHS temporarily suspends use of horse patrol in Del Rio

They have to claim assylum if they want to be processed for assylum.

They have a legal right to do that regardless of how many do it.

If we need to hire more people to process the claim, then we need to hire more people.
So why then, dont all the people caught in the desert do so? How do they get taken right back across the border? If what yo are claiming is true...why isnt it practiced? And if it's not practiced, how were the agents in the OP on horses wrong?

And yes, we do need more people working on the border.

They enable an unbalanced, unjust wage structure and development of a class of people that get mistreated and legally marginalized. And our govt is complicit in this but maybe this administration will find a way to make a difference.

IMO the ends dont justify the means.
The last people that should be blamed are the immigrants.

Blame the gov. Blame the farmers (who are mostly Republican). Blame contractors, and restaurants and hotels.

Not the poor people trying to work.

So why then, dont all the people caught in the desert do so? How do they get taken right back across the border? If what yo are claiming is true...why isnt it practiced? And if it's not practiced, how were the agents in the OP on horses wrong?

And yes, we do need more people working on the border.
What I am claiming is true.

Check for yourself.

As to why more people don't claim it dishonestly, I dont know. Perhaps the fact that most people are honest?

The last people that should be blamed are the immigrants.

Blame the gov. Blame the farmers (who are mostly Republican). Blame contractors, and restaurants and hotels.

Not the poor people trying to work.
I blame them all and absolutely the employers and the govt that does not hold the employers accountable.

What I am claiming is true.

Check for yourself.

As to why more people don't claim it dishonestly, I dont know. Perhaps the fact that most people are honest?
What I'm questioning is your interpretation of the law...it seems overly simplistic and definitely not accounting for why all immigrants dont claim it when they cross illegally.

If they were seeking assylum they were not here illegally.

And your analogy is bad. If they had been placed into custody and put in hand cuffs, we wouldn't be talking about this.

That wasn't the issue.

Watch the video.
they need to be vetted otherwise they are a security risk to the United States and fit an exception in the immigration code.

??? What? When cops tell you to stop, or pull you over, etc, you dont have to follow their commands? Since when?

And there was no whipping.
they aren't in a car...and you cannot whip someone with a whip just because they didn't stop when told to....

it was not a whip.

It is your position that someone does not have to follow an officers commands unless they are under arrest. :LOL:
Try it some time and let us know how it worked out for you.
I am not stupid enough to believe that nonsense they put out about long reins...that is a horse whip.

I am not stupid enough to believe that nonsense they put out about long reins...that is a horse whip.

If you say so.
I have ridden horses with long reins. Used the long reigns in a circular motion when herding cattle.
We will agree to disagree.

I see this false horse outrage as a test to see who is still stupid enough to support absolutely anything the left wants them to support.

I mean you really can't believe that the Democrat leaders don't actually know that those are horses paid for and used by the U.S. government. It can not possibly be a surprise to them, we have been using horses long before we were even a country. They are falsely claiming that people were being whipped, with absolutely no evidence that it happened. So they know this never happened.

Biden and Harris must be purposely lying. They want to see if they will be believed by the left, even though they are clearly lying. Well, they are getting enough support to know that their followers are still obedient, and will believe 2+2=5, as long as they say so. They use that against this country.

I really don't know if there is a point where enough of their supporters will ever have the guts to stop supporting them, when they have no doubt that they are lying to them.

What I'm questioning is your interpretation of the law...it seems overly simplistic and definitely not accounting for why all immigrants dont claim it when they cross illegally.
you don't know that they aren't claiming fear of return....they may be and that claim may be ignored by the agent....do you have proof they aren't requesting asylum? I know for a fact that the Central Americans were claiming fear of return and the agents were ignoring it under Trump.

Maybe the officers should have treated the people with respect not hate and they wouldn't have gotten suspended.

It's their own fault.
I understood the horse patrols were suspended, not the officers

M'Lady holbritter,
No, I will not be opening my home...
(What a stupid and childish thing to ask...)
I am 100 percent sure that YOU and Your Family
Has had and enjoyed the benefit of my own money...
Hate corrodes any vessel that holds it...
-Peace
:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/poli...land-security-del-rio-horse-patrol/index.html

The amount of stupid in this decision is mind boggling.

Horse patrols are practical, safe and necessary in areas of rugged terrain. Using horses to control pedestrian populations in times of civil disorder is a common tactic and has been used for more than a century including in urban areas. In this case you have alarmist morons in congress calling for the termination of border patrol officers that were merely doing their job. If we allow idiots like that to influence law enforcement decisions then we may as well not have law enforcement....

...hey! Maybe that's part of the plan. If we're going to defund police then we may as well defund border patrol too.
They need them for Ivermectin testing? I know - they need to test the animals for Covid because this morning they were a little horse?

This should to the job
RingedGrimCuckoo-max-1mb.gif

Nothing false about it. They were recorded doing it.

Why lie when it's on tape?
There is NOTHING on tape. If you don't know anything about horses, or anything about tack or reins, or how horses of this type for these purposes are ridden and controlled. Then why don't you EDUCATE yourself a little bit first, and then maybe speak after you learned something?

If you saw an operation of a White doctor doing a surgery on a Black patient and it was "on tape", would you conclude it was a racist White man attacking a Black man with a knife?

Do you see a whip hanging off this bridled horse? Those are similar to the type of reins the border patrol officers were using.
No whips, and no Haitians were whipped. That has been confirmed not only by the photographer who captured those images on tape, but other media people who were there as well. Question should be for what gain is Biden and his administration lying about this other than a desperate attempt to make some black voters feel like the Border Patrol is racist. Which makes no sense, Biden is in charge of the Border Patrol.

Do you think this false narrative just might be a diversion?

TE027370

you don't know that they aren't claiming fear of return....they may be and that claim may be ignored by the agent....do you have proof they aren't requesting asylum? I know for a fact that the Central Americans were claiming fear of return and the agents were ignoring it under Trump.
That's why I'm questioning him. If they are...why havent we heard about it? WHy are ALL border agents acting improperly? Or...is his interpretation wrong and the border agents on horses were acting appropriately.

they aren't in a car...and you cannot whip someone with a whip just because they didn't stop when told to....
"And there was no whipping." :rolleyes:

If you say so.
I have ridden horses with long reins. Used the long reigns in a circular motion when herding cattle.
We will agree to disagree.
100% the way to drive 'em forward. And lots of hollerin'.

But if it was proven to you that they are long reins, I mean 100% proven, then what would that mean about the first part of your comment above?

You see any whips here? Nope, just split reins, which has been explained to you why they are long.

maxresdefault.jpg

Check it. It's a fact. Not hard to look up.

Back
Top Bottom