• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DHS temporarily suspends use of horse patrol in Del Rio

No, years of Congressional inaction plus miserable intentions by numerous Presidents caused this.

Mounted border patrol agents will become the scapegoats.
You are confusing issues.

Border patrol agents are hired and trained to deal with people crossing the border. That is their job and we expect them to do it professionally and humanely.

The officers in question acted un professionally and inhumanly. That is the issue.

The larger issues of why people cross the border is a separate issue and not related to the fact that we expect our border patrol officers to behave in a professional and humane manner.

LMAO... That "terrain" is a FLOOD PLAIN... It's flat as hell.... Trump's big beautiful wall is behind the area they are patrolling... Those are FACTS....
The area of operation down there is much more than just the river banks professor. You know those green things with those leaf and branch things called trees and bushes. Never saw them before?

Spit reigns are used in situations where the rider is working from horseback and needing to do varied tasks, often in variable terrain. The ability to change the length of the reign (purpose for split reigns over continuous loop reigns) as conditions and terrain change is crucial in that case. Spit reigns are also great when riding through brush because unlike a longer loop reign, horses cannot trip as easily with split reigns.

This is not some English riding steeple chase event. It is WORKING from horseback. These mounted agents are using split reigns because they need them. Not all may use them, but the reasons for them despite you just know learning of them is NOT to whip people with. If they wanted to do that, then they would just bring a whip along.

Just because a person can talk out of their backend, doesn't make it intelligible thought.

The area of operation down there is much more than just the river banks professor. You know those green things with those leaf and branch things called trees and bushes. Never saw them before?

Spit reigns are used in situations where the rider is working from horseback and needing to do varied tasks, often in variable terrain. The ability to change the length of the reign (purpose for split reigns over continuous loop reigns) as conditions and terrain change is crucial in that case. Spit reigns are also great when riding through brush because unlike a longer loop reign, horses cannot trip as easily with split reigns.

This is not some English riding steeple chase event. It is WORKING from horseback. These mounted agents are using split reigns because they need them. Not all may use them, but the reasons for them despite you just know learning of them is NOT to whip people with. If they wanted to do that, then they would just bring a whip along.

Just because a person can talk out of their backend, doesn't make it intelligible thought.

You see that white line at the top of the picture? That’s the border wall….

Oh come on!

I am not going to play silly little games with you.

Get back to me when you know what we are talking about.
It's either the video of Biden and his admin saying 'don't come' (already too late, and counter to their earlier putting out the welcome mat)
OR
it's the video of CBP on horse back, in response to which you need to read #63 about crowd control on horse back.

Which is it?

What "victims"? Those people were here illegally and KNEW they were here illegally. That's kind of like stealing a bicycle and then complaining that the cops used handcuffs when they arrested you.
Unless they act like assholes you can treat them in a humane fashion

Obviously the vast majority of them are but that is irrelevant.

They have a right to apply for assylum regardless.

I suspect the vast majority are not self sufficient and require social and welfare assistance.

Yes, they have the right. How much more do you want the US taxpayers to support?

Unless they act like assholes you can treat them in a humane fashion
And therein lies the problem we're having now. See, the Border Patrol believed that they were acting humanely and well within common crowd control parameters that have been used for more than a century. You guys and the idiots standing in the rain yesterday making their case to the media see things otherwise. Some of the lefties seem to be capable of finding a grievance in absolutely anything.

Maybe if the "people" had respect for the officers the officers would not have responded the way they did. Respect goes both ways.

Do you know how many of the "migrants" who are seeking asylum are capable of caring for themselves? That is they will need no social or welfare assistance.
The US does not have an unlimited supply of money to assist everyone.
How were the officers being disrespected?

What "victims"? Those people were here illegally and KNEW they were here illegally. That's kind of like stealing a bicycle and then complaining that the cops used handcuffs when they arrested you.
a person can be here illegally and still be a victim...you realize that, right?

Your president created it.

Liberals right behind him.

I'll bet that you haven't always acted professional either, but here you are sitting in front of your computer calling the shots.
If Biden created it, why has the issue been ongoing since Trump was president and before that even?

How were the "migrants" being mistreated?

Did the migrants follow the commands by the officers?
they don't have to follow commands, they aren't under arrest....and hitting someone with a whip is mistreating them...especially, considered assault.

The optics were pretty bad; especially with people being assailed with cords of some kind. That said, I don't think it should mean an overall suspension of horse patrols if they help officers perform their duties.
Exactly. And this new decision is just an optical band-aid. Shut out some of the 'noise' so they can focus on the real problems at the border.

they don't have to follow commands, they aren't under arrest....and hitting someone with a whip is mistreating them...especially, considered assault.
??? What? When cops tell you to stop, or pull you over, etc, you dont have to follow their commands? Since when?

And there was no whipping.

Maybe if the "people" had respect for the officers the officers would not have responded the way they did. Respect goes both ways.

Do you know how many of the "migrants" who are seeking asylum are capable of caring for themselves? That is they will need no social or welfare assistance.
The US does not have an unlimited supply of money to assist everyone.
They are knowingly putting themselves at risk of harm. They are knowingly not respecting the law...which the officers are.

it was not a whip.

It is your position that someone does not have to follow an officers commands unless they are under arrest. :LOL:
Try it some time and let us know how it worked out for you.

I don't see inhumane. I'm not sure I see unprofessional either. I don't know much about mounted law enforcement for crowd control. I do know that no one was injured, so there's that.

It's either the video of Biden and his admin saying 'don't come' (already too late, and counter to their earlier putting out the welcome mat)
OR
it's the video of CBP on horse back, in response to which you need to read #63 about crowd control on horse back.

Which is it?
Seriously guy. You need to review.

This shouldn't be so confusing.

I suspect the vast majority are not self sufficient and require social and welfare assistance.

Yes, they have the right. How much more do you want the US taxpayers to support?
You suspect that because you know nothing about the reality of it, but you get your news from hateful anti immigrant right wing sources.

You are being conned.

Yes they have a right. End of story. Case closed.

In America we are under the rule of law.

Oh....and immigrants, including illegals, are a net gain to the US economy.

These are just facts.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

Seriously guy. You need to review.

This shouldn't be so confusing.
Still nothing? Seems to me you've chosen really weak ground to stake your position on.

If they were seeking assylum they were not here illegally.

And your analogy is bad. If they had been placed into custody and put in hand cuffs, we wouldn't be talking about this.

That wasn't the issue.

Watch the video.
That isn’t true at all. 14,000 Haitians illegally crossed the border and constructed a shanty town under a bridge in Del Rio. Nobody was asking for asylum unless they were captured by the Border Patrol while sneaking back and forth across the border and they did their best to evade them.

Back
Top Bottom