• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Devout Catholics Have Better Sex, Study Says

The Family Research. That's about as surprising as the KKK finding white people were the smartest people in the world...............

I doubt that ... all they could think of is one letter ... how smart is that?

Why are people upset about this? If Catholics are having great sex, good for them. What, only contemporary liberal atheists are allowed to enjoy themselves in bed?

I honestly think it's a matter of simple ignorance and bigotry more than anything else.

"How dare those weirdoes who think and live differently than I do be happy with themselves!"

It has been my experience to know several religious couples varying in age who talk (sometimes rather uncomfortably familiar for my liking) about how great their sex life is. My reasoning for this is that usually the truly devout abstain from vice. No gambling, smoking, drinking, drugs, etc.. In a monogamous marriage the most fun they can have is in the bedroom. So it does really make sense.

It has been my experience to know several religious couples varying in age who talk (sometimes rather uncomfortably familiar for my liking) about how great their sex life is. My reasoning for this is that usually the truly devout abstain from vice. No gambling, smoking, drinking, drugs, etc.. In a monogamous marriage the most fun they can have is in the bedroom. So it does really make sense.

Let's be honest with ourselves here. These are Catholics we're talking about. I can think of at least one other vice they probably indulge in besides sex.

fish 1069958_10151718289158794_85477470_n.jpg

:lol:

Let's be honest with ourselves here. These are Catholics we're talking about. I can think of at least one other vice they probably indulge in besides sex.

Yes, you have a point and now that I think about it, the couple I had in mind when writing that were Calvinists...

Sorry, I still don't buy it. I've known plenty of religious people who were far from exciting in a sexual manner. As a matter of fact, I've found most to be quite boring.

Ooops! That doesn't sound very good, not KNOWN known, but known casually and have had conversations to be more specific because I know how some of you people just love to jump to conclusions. :lol:

One conclusion not to jump to is that those who are "religious" (meaning, almost always, "too religious") are having sex simply because it's a "duty." That fits with the larger stereotype, of course, but most people who have lots of sex like it.

Lol! I just thought of something else. How would either party in the marriage know if the sex was good or not, if they have never had sex with anyone else? :lol: It's also humorous reading all the people equating "baby making" with good sex.

And someone mentioned the Duggars. For some strange reason, they disgust me and if they're on the Today Show or something, I avoid watching.

Edit: I just thought of why they disgust me. Because they just keep on spitting out children regardless of how it will effect the mother's health or even the health of the child. That woman's uterus must be ready to fall out of her vagina, which one could probably drive a truck through by now. :2razz:

Last edited:
I didn't click the link so maybe someone can just tell me....

How the heck do they KNOW that?

apparently they asked them.

widemodern_lovechart_religion_130717.jpg

:shrug:

Lol! I just thought of something else. How would either party in the marriage know if the sex was good or not, if they have never had sex with anyone else? :lol: It's also humorous reading all the people equating "baby making" with good sex.

At the end of the day, "good sex" is a fairly subjective concept. If someone says that they're having it, I'd take their word for it.

Are you going to tell them that they're wrong?

And someone mentioned the Duggars. For some strange reason, they disgust me and if they're on the Today Show or something, I avoid watching.

Edit: I just thought of why they disgust me. Because they just keep on spitting out children regardless of how it will effect the mother's health or even the health of the child. That woman's uterus must be ready to fall out of her vagina, which one could probably drive a truck through by now. :2razz:

From everything I've seen and read about her, should would appear to be quite happy and healthy. Between the father's real estate business, former status as a state representative, and the television show, the family would hardly seem to be strapped for cash either.

I'll freely admit that their lifestyle isn't for everyone, but I don't see any particular reason it should be viewed as being "wrong" per se either.

I didn't click the link so maybe someone can just tell me....

How the heck do they KNOW that?
Based on a 20 year old study. And this is the rationale for why:

One audience member questioned Fagan on the "danger" of selling the idea that Catholics were guaranteed better sex if they waited for marriage. But Fagan said it was clear "those who are monogamous have the best sex they ever could – because its the only sex they'll ever know."

In other words, if the only thing you have ever eaten is McDonalds, McDonalds is the greatest food on Earth. *shrug*

At the end of the day, "good sex" is a fairly subjective concept. If someone says that they're having it, I'd take their word for it.

Are you going to tell them that they're wrong?

Rofl. Okay, whatever you say, or whatever THEY say. :lol: MOST people would not admit that their sex lives sucked anyway, but if you want to believe this silly stuff, you go right ahead.

From everything I've seen and read about her, should would appear to be quite happy and healthy. Between the father's real estate business, former status as a state representative, and the television show, the family would hardly seem to be strapped for cash either.

I'll freely admit that their lifestyle isn't for everyone, but I don't see any particular reason it should be viewed as being "wrong" per se either.

Hmm. I find the bold part interesting. Well, I won't bring things up from other topics here.

I never said they were "wrong." I said they disgust me, and I think you're mistaken about her health. I believe that during her last pregnancy, she had some pretty major complications and almost lost the baby. Also, her uterus MUST be really damaged by now.

Too Many Pregnancies: Health Risks of Large Number of Pregnancies to a Woman's Body - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Rofl. Okay, whatever you say, or whatever THEY say. :lol: MOST people would not admit that their sex lives sucked anyway, but if you want to believe this silly stuff, you go right ahead.

One would have to first define "good sex," before they could claim to measure anything about it.

For obvious reasons, such a thing would be nearly impossible. Not everyone looks for the same things in a sexual relationship.

Some people are simply after raw physical pleasure, and some people are more concerned with emotional intimacy.

Again, if someone says that they are satisfied with their sex life, on what possible basis could you really claim to be able to refute that claim? The matter is inherently subjective.

I never said they were "wrong." I said they disgust me, and I think you're mistaken about her health. I believe that during her last pregnancy, she had some pretty major complications and almost lost the baby. Also, her uterus MUST be really damaged by now.

Things obviously aren't all that bad if she's willing to consider the possibility of having another child.

Besides, does she look particularly unhealthy to you?

michelle duggar.jpg

I've known plenty of women who've only had one or two children who don't look half that good.

C'mon, admit it. The woman's a damn beast. :lol:

There are risks to everything in life. If people want to have large numbers of children, more power to them.

There are far worse things they could be doing.

One would have to first define "good sex," before they could claim to measure anything about it.

For obvious reasons, such a thing would be nearly impossible. Not everyone looks for the same things in a sexual relationship.

Some people are simply after raw physical pleasure, and some people are more concerned with emotional intimacy.

Again, if someone says that they are satisfied with their sex life, on what possible basis could you really claim to be able to refute that claim? The matter is inherently subjective.

Exactly, now you're starting to get it. While I won't accuse them of "lying" or anything like that. I am sure they are FAR from being experts on the subject and I would never take an article that makes such claims seriously, not even a little bit.

Things obviously aren't all that bad if she's willing to consider the possibility of having another child.

Huh? They probably don't believe in birth control. And yes, I remember the doctors advising her that she should not have any more children. She is obviously not one of the brightest bulbs on the tree though.

Besides, does she look particularly unhealthy to you?

View attachment 67150582

I've known plenty of women who've only had one or two children who don't look half that good.

C'mon, admit it. The woman's a damn beast. :lol:

There are risks to everything in life. If people want to have large numbers of children, more power to them.

There are far worse things they could be doing.

My God. You can't be serious?! You must be aware of the fact that her outside appearance has nothing to do with the health of her reproductive system. You cannot possibly have that many children and not have a damaged uterus. This woman probably has all kinds of embarrassing health issues that she would rather not discuss, like urinary incontinence, etc.

Sure, there are far worse things they could be doing. IMO, I just think they're a couple of dumbasses. :lol:

Exactly, now you're starting to get it. While I won't accuse them of "lying" or anything like that. I am sure they are FAR from being experts on the subject and I would never take an article that makes such claims seriously, not even a little bit.

Claiming that they have "better" sex than anyone else is probably pushing things a tad. However, again, if someone says that they are satisfied with their sex life, I would be inclined to pretty much take their word for it.

There is certainly no evidence to suggest that devout Catholics who have only ever had one partner are having any worse sex than anyone else, in any case.

Huh? They probably don't believe in birth control. And yes, I remember the doctors advising her that she should not have any more children.

Doctors have been basically demanding that my mother go on birth control since she had her first child. Just because a person happens to be wearing a white jacket, doesn't mean that their opinions are automatically correct. Just a few decades ago there were entire fields of medical science devoted to "scientifically" proving that whites Europeans were the "master race."

Frankly, the woman is 46 years old. If she wanted to avoid having another child, she could easily do so.

Natural family planning can be quite effective if done properly, and if she really wanted to be sure, she could simply go on "strike" until menopause hit. :mrgreen:

She is obviously not one of the brightest bulbs on the tree though.

Why the hostility? She would appear to be rather happy with her life choices.

I don't see anything "stupid" about that.

My God. You can't be serious?! You must be aware of the fact that her outside appearance has nothing to do with the health of her reproductive system. You cannot possibly have that many children and not have a damaged uterus. This woman probably has all kinds of embarrassing health issues that she would rather not discuss, like urinary incontinence, etc.

Sure, there are far worse things they could be doing. IMO, I just think they're a couple of dumbasses. :lol:

My point was that she rather clearly isn't about to drop dead if she gives birth to another child. She is in considerably better health than many women who have not had a fraction of the same number of children she has.

She may have had one bad experience, but that honestly could've happened to anyone regardless of how many children they happened to have. It also didn't even end particularly badly anyway. Both she and the child survived without serious injury.

If they know the risks, and are willing to press on anyway, why should that be a problem?

Excuse my bluntness, but "I ain't never heard of no ass babies." :lol:

Just Santorum. (mentioned to keep his numbers up on the search engines)

There's still Bingo.

Claiming that they have "better" sex than anyone else is probably pushing things a tad. However, again, if someone says that they are satisfied with their sex life, I would be inclined to pretty much take their word for it.

There is certainly no evidence to suggest that devout Catholics who have only ever had one partner are having any worse sex than anyone else, in any case.

Correct, but that is the claim in the OP. I certainly didn't say their sex lives were any worse or any better than any other person. Like I've said repeatedly, that is an individual thing.

Doctors have been basically demanding that my mother go on birth control since she had her first child. Just because a person happens to be wearing a white jacket, doesn't mean that their opinions are automatically correct. Just a few decades ago there were entire fields of medical science devoted to "scientifically" proving that whites Europeans were the "master race."

Oh yay! More anecdotes and silly mistakes made throughout history. What does this have to do with anything at all?

Frankly, the woman is 46 years old. If she wanted to avoid having another child, she could easily do so.

Natural family planning can be quite effective if done properly, and if she really wanted to be sure, she could simply go on "strike" until menopause hit. :mrgreen:

No, it isn't "quite effective." That is spreading false information. Truthfully, I see "devout" Catholic woman as being second in line to their husband's wishes. Most times, that's how it is with the religiously devout. The wife is nothing but the "little woman" in a lot of cases. :roll:

Why the hostility? She would appear to be rather happy with her life choices.

I don't see anything "stupid" about that.

It's not hostility, just an observation.

My point was that she rather clearly isn't about to drop dead if she gives birth to another child. She is in considerably better health than many women who have not had a fraction of the same number of children she has.

That's not true, she most certainly could "drop dead" during childbirth at any time. How do you know about her health? Where do you get your information from anyway?

She may have had one bad experience, but that honestly could've happened to anyone regardless of how many children they happened to have. It also didn't even end particularly badly anyway. Both she and the child survived without serious injury.

If they know the risks, and are willing to press on anyway, why should that be a problem?

It's not a problem, it's just really stupid IMO.

This. Very much so. In my experience.

God, this is just as dumb as the OP statement. :roll: I suppose a personal experience with a female who was a "former Catholic" must mean that ALL female Catholics are sexually repressed and harbor guilty feelings about sex.

Besides, she couldn't have been a "devout" Catholic if she had sex with you out of wedlock. That would make her either a sinner or a phony. Devout Catholics cannot do such things.

God, this is just as dumb as the OP statement. :roll: I suppose a personal experience with a female who was a "former Catholic" must mean that ALL female Catholics are sexually repressed and harbor guilty feelings about sex.

Besides, she couldn't have been a "devout" Catholic if she had sex with you out of wedlock. That would make her either a sinner or a phony. Devout Catholics cannot do such things.

No, mostly I was just opining positive thoughts about former girlfriends who were former Catholics. I've dated quite a few. I assume they find my Jewish guilt familiar and comforting with their Catholic guilt.

You do get that I'm just being humorous, right? I don't know or care about the credibility of the OP. It's quite silly. So I'm making a joke about it.

Honestly any survey like the OP is going to be subjective. It really depends on the person, not the religion. Generally as a rule Irish Catholic women just aren't going to be as wild and free as Mexican Catholic women. French Catholic women and American Catholic women would be more difficult to categorize. Vietnamese Catholic women are somewhat different in my experience, not better or worse. The nekked truth is religion is in my experience a minor factor in the quality or frequency of sex.

As an individual if you have no other partner with which to compare your sexual experiences you simply can't know what might be better or worse. Having said that, you can certainly be satisfied having had but one partner. Limiting sexual experience to only one partner is not something most of us would choose to do, but that doesn't mean that is isn't satisfying for those who do.

I am monogamous now and happy. "But, I did what I did before love came to town" ~ BB King. Variety is the spice of live. Would I be happy now if I had not enjoyed and learned from women along the way? Probably not. But, that's me. To each his own. Religion plays only a small part in the quality of sex one might encounter.

Brendan Behan on his deathbed to the nun who had taken such good care of him in his final days, "Thank you, Sister, and bless you. May all your sons be Bishops."

Last edited:
I'm guessing they report the highest satisfaction because they go in with the lowest expectations.

Back
Top Bottom