• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeVos in wheelchair after breaking her pelvis and hip socket in bicycle mishap

Do us all a favor and post the comment?
What is that old saying two wrongs don't make a right! For gods sake's what is wrong with some people?

Thanks, but after asking her twice to prove her points and post that comment, don't hold your breath.
Nobody said it's karma on my thread about RBG or anything equally that offensive although some really went out of their way to read into, change the comments, accuse others of wishing harm to Mrs. Ginsberg. Only cretins who want to dishonestly win the debate would do this...

Thanks, but after asking her twice to prove her points and post that comment, don't hold your breath.
Nobody said it's karma on my thread about RBG or anything equally that offensive although some really went out of their way to read into, change the comments, accuse others of wishing harm to Mrs. Ginsberg. Only cretins who want to dishonestly win the debate would do this...

Ginsburg is a decent person. Devos is a ****ing ****. Big difference. Of course, I can see why you would prefer to deny the difference and side with the ****ing ****.

Well, I was simply sitting in my room. I had a foot entangled in something. I stood up very quickly and took off. I immediately fell on the floor. No problem, I thought. I will be able to stand up in a few minutes, I thought. I lay on the floor for about 8 hours. It finally dawned on me (and a relative who also thought that the pain would eventually subside) that it was time to call 911.

(P.S. Thanks for sharing your two experiences with me. I will NOT lecture you about the dangers of riding motorcycles!) (P.P.S. I now wear hip protectors.)

lol, don't blame ya. Not to pry, but how old are you? In 77, 3 months later and it was like I never had an injury. In 2016 I was 60, and it took a year and a hip replacement, which feels great now. I remember when I was a kid hearing mom tell dad "Oh my God, aunt Catherine fell", or "Grandmom fell"! And I was like, "what's the big deal? I fall all the time when I'm playing." Now I know.:doh

I'm now 81 and will be (maybe!) 82 in March.

Wow!! God bless you my friend. My dad is 90 and I'm over his house every day. My mom passed 7 years ago. They were married for 62 years. He goes to her grave every other day. Our culture. (western civilization) doesn't respect senior citizens anywhere close to what we should. I'm grateful that I've lived long enough to learn respect and admiration for my elders. If we would only take the time to listen to them, they are a wealth of information. Other cultures like Native American, Asian and African actually revere their elders. Such as it is.:peace

I'm an enemy of the DeVos family, but I hope she recovers. At her age that should be easily possible.

I thought she was older than me, but she's slightly younger.

Nancy DeVos is a 61 year old post-menopausal woman. Osteoporosis is her enemy. I hope she takes a supplement or gets an infusion annually with something such as ™Reclast to counteract bone loss. It's important for women her age to continue to be active and get enough exercise, but it's smarter to do it with Nike's firmly on the ground and not on a bicycle. (unless it's a stationary one)

Other cultures like Native American, Asian and African actually revere their elders. Such as it is.:peace

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, I have seen unbelievable change since I was a teenager in the "I Love Lucy" 1950s.

At that time no one could have ever imagined, for example, the Internet that you and I are using now.

And, of course, the social changes starting in the 1960s have been beyond imagination.

Since this is 2019, I am rather doubtful that those cultures you listed are still as reverent toward the elderly, if they ever were.

Have a nice weekend and a great new work week!

Talk about a disgrace of a comment. A new low for dp

You set that long ago. The time you said you would blame your daughter for getting raped.

Great to see older people exercising but scares me to think small accidents become bigger ones with age. Didn't W have a bicycle mishap during one of his morning workouts?

Yeah, I know. I recently had a 2+ month long convalescence over a foot ulcer that resulted in an infected bone, followed by seven weeks of daily IV antibiotic infusions, daily wound dressing changes, and PT and OT because i had been weakened by the infection. I was walking with a walker in order to avoid bearing weight on the foot injury. I’m very lucky to have recovered without getting my toe amputated. I also have spinal stenosis. I’m having weekly sessions with a personal trainer now, and our goal is for me to get strong enough to start participating in his low impact aerobic classes.

Yeah, I know. I recently had a 2+ month long convalescence over a foot ulcer that resulted in an infected bone, followed by seven weeks of daily IV antibiotic infusions, daily wound dressing changes, and PT and OT because i had been weakened by the infection. I was walking with a walker in order to avoid bearing weight on the foot injury. I’m very lucky to have recovered without getting my toe amputated. I also have spinal stenosis. I’m having weekly sessions with a personal trainer now, and our goal is for me to get strong enough to start participating in his low impact aerobic classes.

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

Back
Top Bottom