• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DEVELOPING: Multiple victims reported, person detained in California church shooting

Multiple victims were reported in a church shooting in Orange County, California, on Sunday, and a person was in custody in connection with the attack, authorities said.

The Orange County Sheriff's Department reported the shooting on its Twitter account at 2 p.m. It said the shooting was reported at a church in the city of Laguna Woods, a retirement community in the south portion of the county.

The Orange County Fire Authority didn't immediately respond to a request for information.

On Twitter the agency said it was "treating and transporting multiple patients."

There are multiple churches in the general area.

Laguna Woods and Laguna Woods Village are relatively exclusive communities for people 55 and older and their companions or loved ones. Large parts of it are gated.

The sheriff's department urged patience as its deputies worked at the scene.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Wasn't that the community that just suffered that horrible wildfire?

Thoughts and prayers for all firearm owners and manufacturers who have suffered terribly the last few days under the withering attacks of gun grabbers.

Oh, and for the families of the victims of gun violence too, I suppose.

I am almost sure the racial identity would have been revealed by now if the shooter was White.

there are rumors that the gunman is older.

i guess we'll see if that's true pretty soon.

I do have a heart.

It is Donny who lacks one and was using the Buffalo mass shooting at a rally to promote how wonderful he was in getting the Taliban to stand down for 18 months.

That wasn't true, but he still took credit for his lie, and made a mockery of the tragic and horrific shooting in Buffalo.

Got to love a man who can take the immediate senseless mass murder of ten people and use it to long stroke his own ego in front of thousands of people and on C-Span.

Right?

RIGHT?
That sounds like whining and a boatload of projection.

ok, so...

"Churchgoers hog-tied gunman after deadly Laguna Woods church shooting; motive unclear"

...at what appears to be a service of mostly older people.

i guess the older people did the best they could. i'm sure they weren't expecting a shooting today.

ok, so...

"Churchgoers hog-tied gunman after deadly Laguna Woods church shooting; motive unclear"

...at what appears to be a service of mostly older people.

i guess the older people did the best they could. i'm sure they weren't expecting a shooting today.
The suspect, whose motive and place of origin is unknown, is an Asian man in his 60s, according to police.

The suspect, whose motive and place of origin is unknown, is an Asian man in his 60s, according to police.

Back
Top Bottom