• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deutsche Bank headquarters raided over money laundering

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This story may or may not have any bearing on our U.S. leaders in government. This raid by Germans on one of the dirtiest, corrupt banks in the world, is going to reveal the names of many powerful, wealthy men along with the corruption and fraud associated with Deutsche bank, Russian dark money and even American billionaires. I wouldn't doubt this was a joint effort between Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron, but this is pure speculation on my part.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46382722

The Frankfurt headquarters of Deutsche Bank have been raided by prosecutors in a money laundering investigation.

Germany's public prosecutor alleged that two staff members have helped clients launder money from criminal activities.

Police cars were seen outside the tower blocks that house the headquarters of Germany's biggest bank.

Five other Deutsche offices in the city were searched in an operation involving about 170 police and officials.

Prosecutors are looking into whether Deutsche Bank staff helped clients set up offshore accounts to "transfer money from criminal activities".

This story may or may not have any bearing on our U.S. leaders in government. This raid by Germans on one of the dirtiest, corrupt banks in the world, is going to reveal the names of many powerful, wealthy men around the world and the corruption and fraud associated with Deutsche bank, Russian dark money and even American billionaires. I wouldn't doubt this was a joint effort between Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron, but this is pure speculation on my part.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46382722

The Frankfurt headquarters of Deutsche Bank have been raided by prosecutors in a money laundering investigation.

Germany's public prosecutor alleged that two staff members have helped clients launder money from criminal activities.

Police cars were seen outside the tower blocks that house the headquarters of Germany's biggest bank.

Five other Deutsche offices in the city were searched in an operation involving about 170 police and officials.

Prosecutors are looking into whether Deutsche Bank staff helped clients set up offshore accounts to "transfer money from criminal activities".

Deutschebank was the only bank that would loan trump money.

(heh-heh) I know...

I'm getting a sense that this was coordinated between Merkel and Macron. Angela Merkel is on her way out and she's the last bastion of defense in Europe against Russia. Remember that Macron called for an army to defend France against the U.S, a 'European Army'. I have also learned but haven't verified this, that it was Macron that insisted that Putin and Trump not meet in Paris and this is why Trump was so offended that he struck back by not attending the ceremony at the WW1 cemetery.

Last edited:

So one of Trump's Tax lawyers has his office raided today, and the only bank that would lend Trump money is raided today...

lol

Others will line up to take the business.

I realize that's a common talking point, but do you have a source for that? Obviously, it's false, since he has loans from other banks.

So one of Trump's Tax lawyers has his office raided today, and the only bank that would lend Trump money is raided today...

lol

Great fodder for the tinfoil hat wearing group.

In reality, the bank is being investigated by European officials for concealing suspicious transactions (and probably hidden offshore accounts), not for lending money. A Chicago Alderman's city offices are being 'raided'. (More like 'seized'). He also owns a law firm which specializes in City of Chicago tax protests. The law firm was hired to do property valuation appeals for a building - the Trump Tower in Chicago. It's highly unlikely either incident is related to Trump, or each other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom