• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Detransitioner says he was 'brainwashed,' regrets having his penis removed

Emphasis in red, which was it?
"Being gay is wrong" and "We support you transitioning to be a woman so you won't be a sinful gay anymore" are not necessarily in conflict, especially if he's a Middle Easterner. That is not an uncommon attitude in Iran.

"Being gay is wrong" and "We support you transitioning to be a woman so you won't be a sinful gay anymore" are not necessarily in conflict, especially if he's a Middle Easterner. That is not an uncommon attitude in Iran.
Mass confusion then.

"Being gay is wrong" and "We support you transitioning to be a woman so you won't be a sinful gay anymore" are not necessarily in conflict, especially if he's a Middle Easterner. That is not an uncommon attitude in Iran, a country with lots of homophobia and misogyny, much like the American gender identity movement.
Iran is screwed up because of religion and a theocracy that controls it Do you realize that more than 1/3 of trans people are gay or lesbian, One quarter are bisexual and the rest are heterosexual? The idea to tell or even suggesting that a gay person's transition has more red flags than the Kremlin. That is known as gay loathing and is an instant stop to any trans diagnosis.

You do not the difference between sexual orientation (gay or straight ) and gender identity ( an innate sense of male or female) that may or may not align with your biological gender.

Iran is screwed up because of religion and a theocracy that controls it
Yes. Yes it is. But of course, that has no parallels whatsoever to your own community which is not a religion, because...well, because you don't call it that.

Do you realize that more than 1/3 of trans people are gay or lesbian, One quarter are bisexual and the rest are heterosexual?
Totally irrelevant to the subject at hand. The problem with only having 5 talking points is that you end up inserting them into the conversation when they have nothing to do with anything.

The idea to tell or even suggesting that a gay person's transition has more red flags than the Kremlin. That is known as gay loathing and is an instant stop to any trans diagnosis.
Well it didn't stop this person's diagnosis. It's almost as though the diagnosis process is already shit, and you want to make it even worse by eliminating even the minimal diagnosis requirements that exist now.

Last edited:
Yes. Yes it is. But of course, that has no parallels whatsoever to your own community which is not a religion, because...well, because you don't call it that.

Gender dysphoria is not a religion. It's a well-understood medical situation. Who are these transgender gods and goddesses? Under your absurd idea would a Christian be accused of blasphemy if they were transgender?
Totally irrelevant to the subject at hand. The problem with only having 5 talking points is that you end up inserting them into the conversation when they have nothing to do with anything.
Don't accuse me of replying to all of your nonsense claims so you cant try to weasel out of them as you have done in the past.
Well it didn't stop this person's diagnosis. It's almost as though the diagnosis process is already shit, and you want to make it even worse by eliminating even the minimal diagnosis requirements that exist now.

Not all Drs support informed consent. Informed consent is usually 18+ years of age. Most Drs require a psychologists/therapist's letter and have a list of qualified therapists that they will accept. If this therapist made a mistake that is professional misconduct and they can be held legally responsible for that just as a Dr can for malpractice or professional misconduct.

Legally, yes, but the public stigmatism appears to be still strong. Hard to get a job, family shuns you, etc. So you you won't be put to death by the government but your life still blows chunks.

"Brainwashed" now equals "has regrets".
The fact that she is still living as a female with long hair and claims to be non-binary leaves me with more questions. Somebody is not being truthful.

The Washington Examiner is a conservative mouthpiece that lies.

These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes),publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate the Washington Examiner Right Biased based on editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks.

Detailed Report​

Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED

Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY

History

Founded in 2005, The Washington Examiner is an American political journalism website and weekly magazine based in Washington, D.C., covering politics and policy in the United States and internationally. The current editor is Hugo Gordon.

The fact that she is still living as a female with long hair and claims to be non-binary leaves me with more questions. Somebody is not being truthful.

The Washington Examiner is a conservative mouthpiece that lies.

I wonder how much she was paid for her contribution to the article?

I wonder how much she was paid for her contribution to the article?
That probably was more than enough for rent, for a year. If she truly regrets her decision she would not claim to be female, live as female and still take estrogen to be non-binary. This could be a surgical mistake but that is relatively easy to fix with a skin graft.

Transphobes will latch on to it because they are too stupid to know otherwise.

I smell BS. There are no letters from the therapist to permit someone to start their social transition. You do not need a therapist to transition. Most Drs now do not need a letter from a therapist for hormones. If she is intelligent enough to earn 2 master's degrees, this is s kinda fishy.

If the problem is the depth of her vagina that was created by surgery, that can be addressed.

Only in Iran is it not a crime, but they must be heterosexual, which leaves out 50% of trans people.
This poor chap no longer thinks he is a woman so why do you refer to him as 'she'? Do you, as a trans-fanatic, think you know better than he does?

They claim to be non-binary but doesn't use NB pronouns, but still appears as female, but uses male pronouns. Something does not add up.

Now, he says, he has a one-inch vagina as a result of penile inversion surgery. He continues to have breasts and long hair and wears makeup.

"Obviously, I still like wear makeup and stuff, but makeup and hair does not make a woman," Shape Shifter said.

I'll apologize for the wrong pronouns. Sorry.

Ok. And on the other hand, one could post stories about trans people who committed suicide after relentless bullying and hatred.

Is there a point to this one case beyond "duh, don't do something like this unless you're really truly sure, duh"? It's left at an ugly implication with "brainwashed". . . .
Let's face it. Would anyone rather pay a fortune for the hospitalization, etc., to have body parts removed and find out it didn't change a thing!

be careful what you wish for
surgeries that helped him transition came at the cost of his physical and mental health, according to Shape Shifter. While he has two master's degrees from American universities and is a CPA, he also claimed his transition negatively affected his career. He was 24 years old at the time of the transition and has been living as a woman for seven years. It took only 12 visits with therapists, whom Shape Shifter claims let him down, to give him letters of approval to begin his transition into identifying as a woman.

"I miss my penis, and I completely f***ed up," Shape Shifter said in his first video.

Now, he says, he has a one-inch vagina as a result of penile inversion surgery. He continues to have breasts and long hair and wears makeup.
OOPS

I don't get the logic (If there's any)! Another homosexual is going to want to have sex with a guy and not someone who looks like a woman, or he wouldn't be looking at guys in the first place. And a heterosexual doesn't want to have sex with a fake woman. So, if this guy is honest he's going to be a turnoff to all but sleazy men who don't care what they are having sex with...

Ok. And on the other hand, one could post stories about trans people who committed suicide after relentless bullying and hatred.
I doubt you really could people don't commit suicide because of bullying they commit suicide because of depression. That's a mental illness it's not caused by other people.
Is there a point to this one case beyond "duh, don't do something like this unless you're really truly sure, duh"? It's left at an ugly implication with "brainwashed". . . .
No that's good advice even though you framed it like it's not. Ugly implication or not you hear enough of these detrans stories and it makes you wonder what's going on.

I don't get the logic (If there's any)! Another homosexual is going to want to have sex with a guy and not someone who looks like a woman, or he wouldn't be looking at guys in the first place. And a heterosexual doesn't want to have sex with a fake woman. So, if this guy is honest he's going to be a turnoff to all but sleazy men who don't care what they are having sex with...
I think the person was desperate, still seems to be.

It literally says he transitioned only since he was gay, but his family was homophobic so he thought he would be better off as a woman. This isn't an instance of him believing he was actually a woman in a man's body.
But how often is it? How would someone know if they're a woman in a man's body? I'm a gay guy and I certainly felt that way from time to time.

From The Article >>>

"The YouTuber is of Middle Eastern origin and claimed the homophobia in his family culture caused him to believe his life would be better as a woman, on account of his attraction to men. While he never knew any transgender people in his home country, it was when he began pursuing a master's degree at a university in Massachusetts that he learned about transgender people and considered transitioning himself."

Sorry, pal. Apparently, you took the wrong road and I doubt if there's any exits.
Why does this road even exist for people who are not gender dysphoric? Why work there any stopgap measures?

It's stories like this that make people support painting transition for people under the age of 18.

Why does this road even exist for people who are not gender dysphoric? Why work there any stopgap measures?

It's stories like this that make people support painting transition for people under the age of 18.
because people are allowed to get elective procedures. Why are people allowed to destroy their appearance with awful plastic surgery? because it's their choice to do so.

Let's face it. Would anyone rather pay a fortune for the hospitalization, etc., to have body parts removed and find out it didn't change a thing!
Do you understand what psychological gender identity is and its impact on a person when their gender identity is different from their biological gender/sex?

Most of the mental health problems are because of the conservative bullying of trans people.

It's a shame he didn't met JESUS or someone who could have introduced him to CHRIST.
You cannot objectively provide any evidence that god or Jesus exists. We have had this discussion before. You making the same unsupported claim doesn't prove anything.

I think the person was desperate, still seems to be.
It looks like, if it is true, their therapist made a significant mistake. If they didn't have a therapist, then that is the patient's fault.

because people are allowed to get elective procedures.
no because there are no stopgap measures to determine if a person really needs this surgery.
Why are people allowed to destroy their appearance with awful plastic surgery? because it's their choice to do so.
Well that's the thing though I don't think anybody advocates for the pathology that leads to it in a person's childhood.

Back
Top Bottom