• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Detainees beaten, tortured and raped after failed Turkey coup, Amnesty says

Simpleχity;1066122079 said:
Detainees beaten, tortured and raped after failed Turkey coup, Amnesty says

AI, HRW, IRC, MSF, NATO, and the EU should be allowed immediate access to all arrested and/or detained individuals since the attempted coup.

Turkey has had miserable prisons all along. I had not heard of torture recently, but it would not surprise me, if Kurd prisoners were badly treated to gain information or just for fun. The Middle East is not known for humane treatment in their jails. It is very much like Russia, I imagine, but maybe not quite as bad. At the present, however, the situation must be horrible.

Not a single comment from any of the UK and EU folks who dominate this sub-forum.

Makes one wonder.

Private Umut Tuna just finished basic training. The 20-year-old soldier was beginning his 12-month compulsory service in the Turkish Military.On July 15th, a command came down to prepare for a drill, says Umut's sister Emel Koken. That drill turned out to be a coup attempt. Now his fate and that of over 1,600 conscripts hangs in the balance.
"He called me from a police station," she says. "He wasn't aware of the coup. He was told he was going out for a drill. He is very scared."

Families of Turkey's detained soldiers endure desperate wait - CNN.com

Just disgusting. Like Lambs to the slaughter. Say goodbye to secular Turkey and say hello to political Islam. It's a crying shame.

Simpleχity;1066126401 said:
Not a single comment from any of the UK and EU folks who dominate this sub-forum.

Makes one wonder.

To be honest, should we be surprised of such actions? I for one, am in no way surprised. Political Islam is the scurge of this century...

Back
Top Bottom