• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

'Destroyed' Lewinsky Speaks Out on Clinton Memoir

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Source: Yahoo News

LONDON (Reuters) - Monica Lewinsky says she feels betrayed by Bill Clinton (news - web sites)'s failure to acknowledge how he destroyed her life in his newly released memoirs.
In an interview with British broadcaster ITV to be shown on Friday, the former White House intern best known for her affair with the 42nd U.S. president says she was disappointed at how their relationship is addressed.

"I really didn't expect him to talk in detail about the relationship," she said, according to a partial transcript of the interview provided by ITV.

"But what I was hoping, and did expect was for him to acknowledge and correct the inaccurate and false statements that he, his staff and the (Democratic National Committee (news - web sites)) made about me when they were trying to protect the presidency," she said.

In response to Clinton's recent remark to U.S. news show "60 Minutes" that he had the affair "for the worst possible reason -- because I could," Lewinsky said she "was really upset" when she first heard it.

"I have spent the past several years working so hard to just move on, and to try and build a life for myself," said Lewinsky, 30, who has been a spokeswoman for diet company Jenny Craig and host of the reality TV show "Mr. Personality."

Lewinsky, who told her own account of the affair in the 1999 book "Monica's Story," said she reluctantly spoke out about Clinton's tome "My Life" because he tried to rewrite history.

"He says he was proud of the way that he defended the presidency, at my expense," she said.

"In the process he destroyed me, and that was the way he was going to have to do that, to get through impeachment," Lewinsky added. "I was a young girl and to hear him saying some of the things he was saying today -- it's a shame."

Lewinsky insists during the ITV interview that she had a relationship with Clinton even though he never uses the word in the book, instead opting for "inappropriate encounter" on page 773 of the 957-page autobiography.

"This is something that I never wanted to talk about publicly and I know he wished had never become public. But this was a mutual relationship, from the way it started all the way through," Lewinsky said.

Her affair with Clinton while he was in office and his subsequent denials of it led to his impeachment in December 1998 after a lengthy and expensive investigation by independent counsel Ken Starr.

ITV will broadcast excerpts of the interview during its lunchtime, evening and late-night news. There also will be a half-hour special, "Monica Lewinsky: My Side of the Story," at 2200 GMT on ITV1.
--------
Sorry girl, you are not the first one he has 'destroyed' - nor will you be the last.

I could care less what was done in the oral office. The fact that he LIED about it under is my biggest issue with Clinton.

Is anyone really surprised that Clinton didn't take responsibility? I'm surprised that he didn't say that the whole affair was Monica's fault and he was the innocent victem.

Lat time I checked it took two to tango so they are both to blame. However I would like to see her call him on his shit lies on 60 mins with Dan Rather now that would be good news.

This is old news. Monica Lewinsky tought she could destroy Bill Clinton, but then she realized the man is a SUCCESS in every sense of the word and she got jealous. She's just disgruntled that despite being a spokeperson for Jenny Craig she put the weight back on and deservingly so, is slowly fading from the spotlight that she worked so hard for. Of course she feels betrayed, the deal was: I help you out, you help me out Mr President.

Successful he may be - morals, decency, and integrity he has not.

Remember the good old days when if the president had a problem with his girlfriend the CIA would just kill her?
Are you talking about the Kennedy affairs?

You know waht, I don't care. she is a whore who hasn't ever had anything that I care about to say. So what the president got a little tail, good for him.

He lied, I care about that, but not enough to want to impeach him. Say it is horrible and leave it at that.

Squawker said:
Are you talking about the Kennedy affairs?
No i was only joking. Kennedy and Clinton are nothing alike. Kennedy slept with women that men dreamed about sleeping with. Clinton slept with women that men had nightmares about waking up with. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom