• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Despite denouncing QAnon months ago, Kevin McCarthy now says, ‘I don’t even know what it is’

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Despite denouncing QAnon months ago, Kevin McCarthy now says, ‘I don’t even know what it is’

Kevin-McCarthy-ontmoet-Marjorie-Taylor-Greene-terwijl-GOP-overweegt-haar.jpg

2/4/21
After a private meeting Wednesday night of the House Republican conference meant to hold together an increasingly divided party, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) defended controversial freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). But as he lauded Greene’s apology to Republicans for her history of outrageous rhetoric on social media, McCarthy also claimed that the extremist ideology she supports was foreign to him. “I think it would be helpful if you could hear exactly what she told all of us — denouncing Q-on, I don’t know if I say it right, I don’t even know what it is,” said McCarthy, referring to QAnon, a radicalized movement based on false claims that the FBI has deemed a domestic terrorism threat. McCarthy’s comment set off immediate backlash, with critics pointing out that the minority leader has addressed QAnon before in TV interviews and at news conferences. He has said QAnon before. He knows full well what QAnon is,” MSNBC’s Brian Williams said Wednesday night. On CNN, Chris Cuomo noted that QAnon played a major role in the attempted insurrection in the Capitol last month. “You should just remind him next time you see him: Remember all those signs that the people were holding up as they savagely attacked our Capitol? Remember it said QAnon? That’s QAnon,” Cuomo said Wednesday night after showing a clip of McCarthy’s comments.

McCarthy’s response came after he chose not to revoke Greene’s committee roles as a rebuke for her comments online that encouraged political violence and pushed anti-Semitic falsehoods. How Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, promoter of QAnon’s baseless theories, rose with support from key Republicans. Greene has not publicly denounced QAnon. She has also not publicly apologized for her posts on social media and recently maintained on Twitter that she “will never apologize.” Democrats plan to hold a House vote on Thursday to remove the representative from her committee assignments. Despite McCarthy claiming ignorance of QAnon, he has referenced it in past interviews. In an Aug. 20 interview with Fox News’s Shannon Bream, McCarthy condemned the extremist ideology. “Let me be very clear, there is no place for QAnon in the Republican Party. I do not support it,” he said. During a news conference in November, a reporter asked McCarthy if he had concerns about new members like Greene and Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), who have supported QAnon, potentially creating controversy for the House GOP. The House minority leader responded that both representatives “denounced Q-on,” mispronouncing QAnon.

McCarthy, now embracing MTG and QAnon, is trying to create a "memory hole" where he now portrays that has scant knowledge of the conspiracy group.

You can bet that McCarthy, a wily politician, knows all about QAnon and has done the political calculus of supporting QAnon poster girl Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Kevin-McCarthy-ontmoet-Marjorie-Taylor-Greene-terwijl-GOP-overweegt-haar.jpg

McCarthy, now embracing MTG and QAnon, is trying to create a "memory hole" where he now portrays that has scant knowledge of the conspiracy group.

You can bet that McCarthy, a wily politician, knows all about QAnon and has done the political calculus of supporting QAnon poster girl Marjorie Taylor Greene.
He sure did get his ass handed to him yesterday. I loved it.

It must suck to have to constantly kiss the asses of cultists, conspiracy kooks, and nazis.
Or the people who voted you into office.

Most politicians would prefer to kiss the asses of the people who pay them money.

He's a real piece of shit. In other words, a perfect fit for the modern GOP.

Deny Q = play stupid

Defend Q's = insane

Either way, bad look for Republicans.
Or they can just call it what it is, a crazy ****ing nutjob society the likes of which makes Scientology look sane.

That would require moral courage.
That is true. The GOP is a party of pansies, incapable of standing up to Trump, his deranged Cult, and the psycho members of their party touting Jewish Space Lasers and endorsing the deaths of their colleagues in Congress.

Or the people who voted you into office.

Most politicians would prefer to kiss the asses of the people who pay them money.

I hear that's how they do it in some Eastern European / Western Asian countries. A lot of political opinions there seem to be funded.

Cowards, cultists, white supremacists and lunatics. That's all the GOP is now.

Or they can just call it what it is, a crazy ****ing nutjob society the likes of which makes Scientology look sane.

And alienate 40% of their voters.

Tough choice (at least for folks with no integrity)

Kevin McCarthy hears Jim Jordan’s footsteps and is trying to please everyone; what the old adage,”try to please everyone, end up pleasing no one.”

Back
Top Bottom