• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Desmopressin in the treatment of nocturia: clinical evidence and experience

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Nocturia is a common and bothersome condition experienced by both men and women. Studies have suggested that nocturia contributes a level of morbidity to those who suffer from the condition, both young and old. Desmopressin has historically been utilized to treat conditions such as central diabetes insipidus, certain bleeding disorders and primary nocturnal enuresis. Recently, interest has increased as to the use of desmopressin (a vasopressin analog) in the treatment of adult nocturia, for whom nocturnal polyuria is prevalent. While desmopressin has been traditionally administered in tablet and bioequivalent high dose melt formulations, newer low-dose orally disintegrating sublingual desmopressin has been recently studied to determine safe and efficacious dosing strategies. In this review, nocturia and its associated morbidities are discussed, followed by a contemporary literature review regarding the safety and efficacy of desmopressin for its treatment.
=============================================

My wife & I both suffer from nocturia. I had been taking this hormone analog (called DDAVP) but it's been a while since I had it available. II just made an app to see a urologist. Getting up to pee every 3 hours is a pain.

Nocturia is a common and bothersome condition experienced by both men and women. Studies have suggested that nocturia contributes a level of morbidity to those who suffer from the condition, both young and old. Desmopressin has historically been utilized to treat conditions such as central diabetes insipidus, certain bleeding disorders and primary nocturnal enuresis. Recently, interest has increased as to the use of desmopressin (a vasopressin analog) in the treatment of adult nocturia, for whom nocturnal polyuria is prevalent. While desmopressin has been traditionally administered in tablet and bioequivalent high dose melt formulations, newer low-dose orally disintegrating sublingual desmopressin has been recently studied to determine safe and efficacious dosing strategies. In this review, nocturia and its associated morbidities are discussed, followed by a contemporary literature review regarding the safety and efficacy of desmopressin for its treatment.

My wife & I both suffer from nocturia. I had been taking this hormone analog (called DDAVP) but it's been a while since I had it available. II just made an app to see a urologist. Getting up to pee every 3 hours is a pain.

I hope you and your wife find relief from it.

I hope you and your wife find relief from it.
Thanks! It's a common problem. Made appointment with urologist.

Thats the first time ive seen insipid used in a word meaning something else,

Back
Top Bottom