• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

Hahaha

If someone is aggresive in bringing up the issue of gay rights, you'll knock them out??

If you impede me in any way I have no problems with getting physical.

I don't want to hurt anyone however, sometimes you have to just to get out of a situation.

If someone comes at me with a bunch of junk and continues to bother me I will knock them out.

If I'm interested in what a gay has to say I will find a gay and ask them - I don't ask to be told ****.

I hope he enjoys his eternal suffering that is so painful we can't imagine it on earth. Hell is no joke.

God judges sin, homosexuality isn't the only sin out there. People that wrongfully divorce, commit adultery, lust, and a myriad of other forms of sexual sin will also be judged for it. Truth of the matter is that we've all sinned and unless we repent we will have to be judged for it which means to be sent to hell for eternity. Desmond Tutu is ignorant and has no idea the level of suffering that awaits unless they repent.

Any God/ess that turns his/her back on thier creations is not actually a god/ess.

Or willfully deceived as are many Christians that want to go with the world, reject truth, and approve of homosexuality. Doesn't matter what they think, when stacked with Biblical truth they are wrong, and the majority of the time their conclusion is based on selfish motives because they want homosexuality to not be a sin (and one person's beliefs/wants does not change those of God's). If he professes to be a Bible believing Christian yet ignores or tries to contort the Bible to say that God approves of homosexuality then he is ignorant and likely willfully deceived.

Except that the bible was written by man. Not God. As such the only "truth" in the bible is that which is written by man.

If someone comes at me with a bunch of junk and continues to bother me I will knock them out.

If I'm interested in what a gay has to say I will find a gay and ask them - I don't ask to be told ****.

Enjoy prison. I'm sure it will help you find yourself.

Enjoy prison. I'm sure it will help you find yourself.

I've already been to prison (not jail but prison)...

Yeah, it certainly did help me find myself.

I was a progressive liberal when I went in and a conservative when I came out - now I'm a conservative libertarian.

No surprise. Keep physically attacking people for words.

Do you take yourself seriously?

You don't even know why I went to the joint, but you just had to make **** up..

Shows how honest you are.

Holy **** it all makes sense now.

That our judicial system is bull****?

Yeah it makes sense.

The best part is that I would have never changed my politics if it wasn't for prison. I would be a zombie just like you.

I suppose civil liberties are valued when they've been stolen from you - only then can you understand them.

Fair enough.
So churches shouldn't let anyone in because of the Original Sin?

Sounds reasonable to me.

Since God supposedly created everything and everyone, He needs to stand up and take responsibility for any 'defects' in what He has made.

"Man has created God in his own image:Intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent." ~ Marie

This worldwide gay **** is getting ridiculous.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Since God supposedly created everything and everyone, He needs to stand up and take responsibility for any 'defects' in what He has made.

Maybe it is we who see "defects."

Do people really want consensus?

The only thing separating us from zombies is the fact we don't agree.
Disagreement is freedom.

The democrats/RINO's want consensus - they want blind zombies that adhere to their demands and the acceptance of homosexuality without objection certainly is a bonding agent...

I don't agree with you.

There are some other things that separate us from zombies.

One of them is that we exist, zombies don't.

nota bene;1062113407[QUOTE said:
]Maybe it is we who see "defects.
"[/QUOTE]

'Maybe' doesn't belong in that sentence.

"Man has created God in his own image:Intolerant, sexist, homophobic, and violent." ~ Marie

"Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Most churches don't allow adulterers and murderers in the door, either.

Murders, perhaps not, but adulterers??? I'd guess that there are MANY adulterers that go to church every week.

Or willfully deceived as are many Christians that want to go with the world, reject truth, and approve of homosexuality. Doesn't matter what they think, when stacked with Biblical truth they are wrong, and the majority of the time their conclusion is based on selfish motives because they want homosexuality to not be a sin (and one person's beliefs/wants does not change those of God's). If he professes to be a Bible believing Christian yet ignores or tries to contort the Bible to say that God approves of homosexuality then he is ignorant and likely willfully deceived.

We've been through this plenty of times. This is nothing but your opinion and it matters ZERO towards any universal truth. Further we also know that the Bible days nothing about homosexuality and says nothing about consensual homosexual relationships. In other words, there is nothing that you say above that has any validity.

We've been through this plenty of times. This is nothing but your opinion and it matters ZERO towards any universal truth. Further we also know that the Bible days nothing about homosexuality and says nothing about consensual homosexual relationships. In other words, there is nothing that you say above that has any validity.

Yes we have been through this many times, but you are wrong in that opinion. The Bible does speak out about homosexuality, very strongly in fact. As far as universal truth goes, it does exist and it is documented in the Bible as God's Word. That is fact, not opinion.

Love it when people attack the Bible by taking things out of their literary and historical contexts.....

:spin: :alert

This statement is classic hypocrisy.

Read more @ : Desmond Tutu Would Prefer Hell Over A Homophobic Heaven

I tend to agree. If my God is a God who dislikes someone base on who they are attracted to, and who they love then i would not like to be in that place with a god that is supposedly "all knowing and all loving" .[/INDENT]

Meh. To be practical, and speaking as an atheist, gay equality is a pretty crappy cause to burn in fire and raped by three penised goat-demons for all eternity.

Sorry, everyone.

Yes we have been through this many times, but you are wrong in that opinion. The Bible does speak out about homosexuality, very strongly in fact. As far as universal truth goes, it does exist and it is documented in the Bible as God's Word. That is fact, not opinion.

No, you have failed each time to demonstrate that any kind of universal truth other than your OWN universal truth... which isn't universal truth, exists. Your opinion is not fact, but opinion... and THAT'S fact.

And I have demonstrated... as have others... as do most intelligent theologians who have studied the bible that it says nothing about homosexuality and nothing about consensual homosexual relations that have nothing to do with Pagan rituals.

So, in conclusion, you are incorrect and doing nothing but presenting an opinion as fact... which it isn't.

No, you have failed each time to demonstrate that any kind of universal truth other than your OWN universal truth... which isn't universal truth, exists. Your opinion is not fact, but opinion... and THAT'S fact.

And I have demonstrated... as have others... as do most intelligent theologians who have studied the bible that it says nothing about homosexuality and nothing about consensual homosexual relations that have nothing to do with Pagan rituals.

So, in conclusion, you are incorrect and doing nothing but presenting an opinion as fact... which it isn't.

For as long as internet gay marriage debates have raged I think I've seen the same two or three passages from the bible that have been interpreted to mean that homosexuality is a sin. The passages on tolerance? Those tend to get glossed over.

Back
Top Bottom