• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Desm Laughably Pretend Miniscule State Gains = "Blue Wave".

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The bottom line: Republicans control 30 state legislatures and Democrats control 18 — compared to 31 and 14 before the election.

In 21 states, there are both Republican governors and Republican majority legislatures. Democrats have full state control in 14 states.

Wow...some "WAVE".... :2rofll: :lamo

rippleeffect-blog.jpg

The bottom line: Republicans control 30 state legislatures and Democrats control 18 — compared to 31 and 14 before the election.

In 21 states, there are both Republican governors and Republican majority legislatures. Democrats have full state control in 14 states.

View attachment 67244095
There’s a precedent for President Trump to null and void all democrat victories. Even the 2016 ones. IF he can show any voter fraud on the part of the democrats. Stinkin arrested all MD state legislators when they were about to vote upon the parameters outlining when they were allowed to vote on succession. So all that’s required from him is to declare a 90day emergency and expel or arrest all the democrats and see who stays loyal to the federal government. It would also be a great time to right this constant threat the democrats have blatantly touted about open revolt. Kinda like killing two birds with one stone.

View attachment 67244095

To determine the existence, nature and extent of a "wave," one must have both the before and after election party affiliations of 50 states' governorships, legislatures, and federal representation.

To determine the existence, nature and extent of a "wave," one must have both the before and after election party affiliations of 50 states' governorships, legislatures, and federal representation.

Can't read?

Blue wave, blue splash, either way its a Dem House in Jan. Hello oversight !!

Can't read?

Red:

• Yes, that's the before-and-after for one of the several relevant dimensions, the legislatures. The omission of the other two major policy making branches of state government makes the observation incomplete.
  • Additionally, 31 + 14 = 45 and 30 + 18 = 48.
    • What five/two states are omitted from your observations?
    • What, prior to the election, was the nature of party control in them? Was it split control? Are some state legislatures not bicameral?

I really don't know, but I do know that by not depicting the status for all 50 states, your presentation is incomplete re: yet another aspect.

Blue:
The blue statements do not at all depict a before-and-after representation. They present only the current status.

There’s a precedent for President Trump to null and void all democrat victories. Even the 2016 ones. IF he can show any voter fraud on the part of the democrats. Stinkin arrested all MD state legislators when they were about to vote upon the parameters outlining when they were allowed to vote on succession. So all that’s required from him is to declare a 90day emergency and expel or arrest all the democrats and see who stays loyal to the federal government. It would also be a great time to right this constant threat the democrats have blatantly touted about open revolt. Kinda like killing two birds with one stone.

And then he can make all the laws by himself.

Blue wave, blue splash, either way its a Dem House in Jan. Hello oversight !!
I keep hearing how excited people are that the dems have the power of oversite. What I don't understand is what crime people think is going to be uncovered that Mueller isn't already investigating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Godawful formatting won't change the fact you are factually wrong. Let's look at actual results: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/06/us/elections/results-governor-elections.html Democrats will be governor in 23 states, Republicans 25(likely 27 after all the recounting is done). Democrats gained 7 seats, republicans lost 6. Hey, at least you tried, you get a participation trophy...

Overall, 350 state legislative seats where gained by democrats. 5 state chambers flipped to democratic control, 1 to republican control. Democrats gained "trifectas"(control of both state houses of congress plus the governorship) in 7 states, republicans lost "trifectas" in 4 states, and gained in 1(Alaska). That is a considerable shifting of power.,

:spin::rofl

Godawful formatting won't change the fact you are factually wrong. Let's look at actual results: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/06/us/elections/results-governor-elections.html Democrats will be governor in 23 states, Republicans 25(likely 27 after all the recounting is done). Democrats gained 7 seats, republicans lost 6. Hey, at least you tried, you get a participation trophy...

Overall, 350 state legislative seats where gained by democrats. 5 state chambers flipped to democratic control, 1 to republican control. Democrats gained "trifectas"(control of both state houses of congress plus the governorship) in 7 states, republicans lost "trifectas" in 4 states, and gained in 1(Alaska). That is a considerable shifting of power.,

:spin::rofl
Wow, 350? That's an even bigger wave than I realized.

Wow, 350? That's an even bigger wave than I realized.

I don't have the number, but compare that to how many total seats there are. Democrats did well overall in the election, but not earth shatteringly well. Still alot of work to do.

I don't have the number, but compare that to how many total seats there are. Democrats did well overall in the election, but not earth shatteringly well. Still alot of work to do.
The US Senate is proof alone that we have a lot of work to do.

View attachment 67244095

Kinda like Trump's record breaking inauguration crowd?

No, no, you don't understand. They don't control everything, therefore they failed and will soon disappear completely, at which point Americans will clamor to amend the Constitution to make Trump the King. Duh...

The OP is not going to like Speaker Pelosi come Jan 2019. Here come the supeanas and hearings. Keep that in mind while you ponder a blue wave:lamo

Red:

• Yes, that's the before-and-after for one of the several relevant dimensions, the legislatures. The omission of the other two major policy making branches of state government makes the observation incomplete.
  • Additionally, 31 + 14 = 45 and 30 + 18 = 48.
    • What five/two states are omitted from your observations?
    • What, prior to the election, was the nature of party control in them? Was it split control? Are some state legislatures not bicameral?

I really don't know, but I do know that by not depicting the status for all 50 states, your presentation is incomplete re: yet another aspect.

Blue:
The blue statements do not at all depict a before-and-after representation. They present only the current status.
The Legislature and the STATEHOUSE are the ONLY POLICY MAKING BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT< and it covers them BOTH.

If you want MORE DETAILS...what's stopping you?

OH YEAH...you're a DP LEFTIST...incapable of objective research...my bad.

Just can't get your head around the LESS THAN IMPRESSIVE DEM "ripple"?

Last edited:
Come on, let's be good sports and admit it.

It WAS a blue wave.

1. With a little help from Ms. Brenda, Florida may soon have a Democratic governor and U.S. senator. (I feel so sorry for the good people of Florida.)

2. The Democrats have just won the Senate race in Arizona (of all places! Times are a-changing fast. "Experts" say even Texas may soon be going blue). The so-called Republican majority in the Senate is shrinking fast.

3. And, of course, Ms. Nancy will lead the House in doing everything possible to convince President Trump to resign. If he does, the joyous celebrations throughout the land will be beyond belief. I think that Ms. Maxine may already be picking out a dress to wear to the celebration.

Congratulations, Democrats. You got the blue wave you wanted (with the help of non-citizen voters and friendly election officials).

Last edited:

It may be a ripple but one thing your stats obscure is NATION WIDE Democrats got 6.7% MORE votes than Republicans. That may mean nothing, then again it doesn't bode well for Republicans in "20" if Democrats can maintain that kind of enthusiasm. Personally I think that margin is a definite rebuke of trump and his policies, the majority of Americans "voted" their dislike of the Donald.

View attachment 67244095

Let's call it the way it really is.

This is Global Warming against Trump. This is not a big wave but a slow-moving Republican disaster that will swallow up the Republican party over the next few years. The Republicans (like you) are pooh-poohing it but it is an inexorable change that was supposed to be addressed this last election but the opposite occurred and now it is likely too late to do anything about it.

Republican bastion States, like Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and Texas, which have been states the Republicans have owned for 40 years, are now changing with 2 of them turning Democrat this time (Nevada and Arizona) and Georgia and Texas seeing the closest elections in 40 years.

The problem was clearly stated before the 2016 elections that the Republicans had to make changes to bring in more Latino and Black voters because those populations continue to grow and ultimately will be a large part of the population of the U.S. What did the Republicans do? Target Latino and Black voters in a negative way, meaning they effectively made them enemies of the Republican party. Given that these minority races continue to grow, within a few years they will overwhelm the Trump kind of supporter (white uneducated and mostly rural males) suggesting that the Blue Wave is inexorable though slow (like Global Warming) and that the Republican party will continue to shrink and ultimately be overwhelmed. I would not be surprised if there is no Republican party in 10 years.

Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
The OP is not going to like Speaker Pelosi come Jan 2019. Here come the supeanas and hearings. Keep that in mind while you ponder a blue wave:lamo

This is good news to you? You wouldn't rather your elected, public servants work to get things done for those who sent them to Washington? Brilliant!

The Legislature and the STATEHOUSE are the ONLY POLICY MAKING BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT< and it covers them BOTH.

If you want MORE DETAILS...what's stopping you?

OH YEAH...you're a DP LEFTIST...incapable of objective research...my bad.

Red:
You just keep thinking that...

View attachment 67244095

:lamo

The title of this thread should be something like: "Delusional Low-information Trump acolytes channel Bagdad Bob after Blue Wave Midterm".

Here are the REAL bottom line points about the Blue Wave of 2018:

• When all the votes are counted, the Democrats will gain about 38 seats in the House.
  • Democrats will win the popular vote, nationwide, by about 8 MILLION votes...more than a 7% margin, which is larger than the 6% GOP margin in 2010 that netted 63 House seats for the gopers.
  • Were it not for the grotesquely gerrymandered congressional districts drawn by 'publican state legislatures after the 2010 election, the Blue Wave of 2018 would have been a proverbial Blue Tsunami.
  • In the Senate, the Democrats faced the worst electoral map in history, with about 26 seats to defend (compared to 9 for the 'publicans). And of those 26 seats, at least 10 (just off the top of my head...but probably more) were in states that Trump won in 2016 (and 5 of those went for Trump by at LEAST 18 points). And yet, Democrats successfully defended all but three (or 4, depending on Florida), while managing to STEAL 2 republican seats (i.e. Nevada and Arizona). That's a huge win for the Democrats and a huge embarrassment for the gopers.
  • Trump campaigned hard for GOP senate/governor races in Montana, W.V., Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, Pensylvania, etc.....and all of those candidates (including several incumbents) LOST...some by large margins.
  • In the 8 years between 2008 and 2016, the 'Publicans gained about 1000 seats in state legislatures across the country. In just two years of Trump, they've already lost almost 400 of those seats....after just ONE midterm election.
  • 2020 is going to be even worse for the Trumpsters. The Senate map is reversed, with 22 gopers defending seats (compared to only 11 Democrats)...and about 10-12 of those 22 GOP seats just voted Democratic in the 2018 midterms.

Sorry, but to deny the Blue Wave of 2018 is to be a self-professed delusional Trumpian ideologue. LOL.

Last edited:
I keep hearing how excited people are that the dems have the power of oversite. What I don't understand is what crime people think is going to be uncovered that Mueller isn't already investigating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Violations of the emoluments clause.

Back
Top Bottom