• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deshaun Watson to the Browns

Jkca1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is it true that the Browns are going to change their name to the Assault?

Surprised by the move considering Watson still faces several civil lawsuits and the NFL has not decided if he will face any suspensions. Browns taking an expensive gamble.
Were they that dissatisfied with Mayfield?

Deeply disappointing. Torn between a deep desire not to jump ship and the reality that rooting for this becomes quite challenging. At least the Cavs are fun.

Limbo lower now……NFL and sports in general are not even trying to hide the greed anymore.

no criminal charges despite an investigation into 22 allegations of inappropriate behavior
why should we and the NFL presume he is guilty?

no criminal charges despite an investigation into 22 allegations of inappropriate behavior
why should we and the NFL presume he is guilty?

Those will all disappear now. They only came up after he wanted out if Houston. Now that they were able to fleece the Browns out of a ton of draft picks, I'm betting most of those women drop their lawsuits

Those will all disappear now. They only came up after he wanted out if Houston. Now that they were able to fleece the Browns out of a ton of draft picks, I'm betting most of those women drop their lawsuits
will be interested to hear what the ONE attorney representing ALL of the women will have to say

Surprised by the move considering Watson still faces several civil lawsuits and the NFL has not decided if he will face any suspensions. Browns taking an expensive gamble.
Were they that dissatisfied with Mayfield?
Even if Watson was suspended this year it's a great move by the Browns. Getting a 26 year old mega superstar at QB is a slam dunk. They went from QB purgatory to a contender for the next 15 years.

Yes they were very dissatisfied with Mayfield.

Limbo lower now……NFL and sports in general are not even trying to hide the greed anymore.
It'll all be forgotten once D Watson take the field and they start winning games. You don't hear about how bad of people Tyreek Hill and Joe Mixon are anymore. There is greed in all business. That's the way the game is played.

Is it true that the Browns are going to change their name to the Assault?

It is true that Deshaun Watson never assaulted anyone. That was extremely obvious to me. Every plaintiff called herself Jane Doe and hired the same lawyer. Their lawsuits were nearly identical. Two women were unwilling to disclose their names and dropped out to stay anonymous. And all of this happened after Watson became the NFL's richest player. only to cry about the team and demand a trade the next year. You can't convince me it was not 100% about the lawyer trying to win millions of dollars before Watson moved to another state. The stories would be believable if all 24 women hired different lawyers and used their real names from the beginning.

Surprised by the move considering Watson still faces several civil lawsuits and the NFL has not decided if he will face any suspensions. Browns taking an expensive gamble. Were they that dissatisfied with Mayfield?

The Browns insisted they wanted to keep Baker Mayfield, but he talked about wanting to get out of Cleveland. Keep in mind this time of year is known as "lying season" in the NFL because teams know telling the truth will result in missing out on who they want to sign, trade for, and draft. When it doubt, believe the player.

Even if Watson was suspended this year it's a great move by the Browns. Getting a 26 year old mega superstar at QB is a slam dunk. They went from QB purgatory to a contender for the next 15 years.

Yes they were very dissatisfied with Mayfield.

I think you are going a bit crazy there. If Watson is suspended for a year that means he will be 2 years without playing football for a QB that's a very bad thing. Also he's far from a "mega superstar" he's lucky to crack the top 10 in QBs and to top that he's successful because of his running which is a bad thing long term in the NFL.

Also he's far from a "mega superstar" he's lucky to crack the top 10 in QBs and to top that he's successful because of his running which is a bad thing long term in the NFL.
This is crazy talk.

Watson is coming off a season when he earned the second highest grade amongst QB’s according to PFF. He has a career completion percentage of 67.8. He has well over a 3 to 1 TD percentage. He can get you 4 to 5 hundred yards rushing a year.

sign me up!!

This is crazy talk.

Watson is coming off a season when he earned the second highest grade amongst QB’s according to PFF. He has a career completion percentage of 67.8. He has well over a 3 to 1 TD percentage. He can get you 4 to 5 hundred yards rushing a year.

sign me up!!

PFF grades are meaningless. And there has only been 1 QB who has started over 100 games, ran for 30 yards a game for their career and won a SB.

Running QBs don't have success long term and if Watson sits out 2 years you can't expect him to be the same player he was before.

If only OJ had been a younger man...

PFF grades are meaningless. And there has only been 1 QB who has started over 100 games, ran for 30 yards a game for their career and won a SB.

Running QBs don't have success long term and if Watson sits out 2 years you can't expect him to be the same player he was before.
Watson isn’t just a rushing QB. He’s a more athletic Russel Wilson. I’m sure Watson would get it back if he sat out a couple years. It’s not gonna happen so it doesn’t matter.

The statistics on “rushing QB’s“ winning Super Bowls is about to change. QB’s are becoming more and more athletic.

Watson isn’t just a rushing QB. He’s a more athletic Russel Wilson. I’m sure Watson would get it back if he sat out a couple years. It’s not gonna happen so it doesn’t matter.

The statistics on “rushing QB’s“ winning Super Bowls is about to change. QB’s are becoming more and more athletic.

More athletic yes but running still takes its toll, that's why most RBs are done by 30. A scrambling QB that rushes 15 yards a game has lots of success, when you run enough to get 20 yards a game or more you either don't have long term sucess or your career gets short or both.

I think the Browns paid a reasonable price for an elite franchise QB. The opportunity to get out of QB purgatory is well worth it. Draft picks are over rated when you’re just a QB away from contention.

Let's just say that the NFL suspends Watson for 10 games. Who is the QB then?

Never was a fan of Watson, maybe. a top 10 QB & not close to being in the top 3 or 4.
However these 22 women claiming assault IMO is a lot of nonsense, looking for lottery ticket money I imagine! He probably gave them all more of a tip than all other customers combined
& if their was anything untoward going on it was with the consent of the accusers.
If they had cameras in the massage facility proving Watson various types of assault that would be a different matter which I remember they had against the Patriot owner in Florida.

These girls don't reach the Duke Lacrosse false accusation level but they had the same thing in mind. It does befuddle me why with all that money he's accrued he didn't or doesn't have
a harem of suitable women at his beckon call on the up & up, to fill needs.

Back
Top Bottom