• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Describe what Trump would be like if he WAS a Democrat

Checkerboard Strangler

Make Video Horizontal Again
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Title says it all.
Describe what Trump would be like if he WAS a Democrat.

What kind of policies would he be pushing, how would he be interacting with the press, what kind of support would he be getting from the DNC, what would his speeches sound like, pick anything you want, just try to imagine Trump as the DNC candidate for POTUS and help paint a mental picture of a Democratic Trump presidency.

I fully expect to get the usual response from conservatives and that's fine but I would like to encourage Democrats and other liberals to push their mental faculties to the limit and try to picture how this would look, sound and feel.

Exactly like he is now. The press would be defending him instead of attacking him and Democrats would scream racism of republicans called him the orange anything.

Title says it all.

What kind of policies would he be pushing, how would he be interacting with the press, what kind of support would he be getting from the DNC, what would his speeches sound like, pick anything you want, just try to imagine Trump as the DNC candidate for POTUS and help paint a mental picture of a Democratic Trump presidency.

I fully expect to get the usual response from conservatives and that's fine but I would like to encourage Democrats and other liberals to push their mental faculties to the limit and try to picture how this would look, sound and feel.

I think a better question is what would Trump be like if he were a woman?

I suppose he might go back to pushing for Universal Healthcare.

Also, I think there's a good chance he would seem more sane because he would make adjustments to appeal to a different set of people -- not the kind of people who think Roy Moore is a man of God.

I don't think he would have been elected if he were a democrat.

I agree with both of these:

Also, I think there's a good chance he would seem more sane because he would make adjustments to appeal to a different set of people -- not the kind of people who think Roy Moore is a man of God.

This, because he would indeed have pushed policies the Dems dig and likely wear a different face while doing it. He can manipulate an audience.

And this because he actually is not too smart and he couldn't hide it forever. The Dems were looking for someone who seemed like a competent technocrat and Trump would have tripped himself up because despite his self-assessment, he most certainly does not 'know stuff'.

In short they had their shot with Bernie Sanders. Populism without being a populist.

Last edited:

Understood but let's assume for the "fun" aspect of the thread (or whatever you want to call it - depravity aspect?) that he DID get elected.

If Trump were a Democrat he would have been impeached already.

Title says it all.

For a description of what he might be like if he was a Democrat, just go review news stories (not directly related to his businesses) back when he WAS a Democrat (2001 - 2009). ;)

Last edited:
For a description of what he might be like if he was a Democrat, just go review news stories (not directly related to his businesses) back when he WAS a Democrat. ;)

So you're saying, "A lot of Howard Stern appearances", for instance?

Capt Adverse got me thinking we'd see a lot of him on The Howard Stern Show, which was where he spent an awful lot of time back when people thought he WAS "a Democrat".

Not saying Adverse mentioned that, it's just that he put me in mind of it.

Understood but let's assume for the "fun" aspect of the thread (or whatever you want to call it - depravity aspect?) that he DID get elected.

I suspect his approval ratings would be universally dismal, rather than dismal among everyone except republicans. I also suspect democratic congressmen would be far less inclined to toe the party line and far more likely to express overt displeasure with his antics than republicans have been.

I wonder if the government would still be functioning? I initially thought it would, though now I'm thinking that Trump's raging incompetence would rise quickly and catastrophically to the surface regardless of party affiliation.

I think I'll settle on saying: He would be more or less the same president, and we would be in more or less the same boat. The particulars might be different, but the outcomes wouldn't be. This isn't so much a republican problem as it is a Trump problem. With or without enablers of either color, Trump would blunder his way through a job he isn't remotely qualified for, and the American people will be paying for it for years to come.

For a description of what he might be like if he was a Democrat, just go review news stories (not directly related to his businesses) back when he WAS a Democrat (2001 - 2009). ;)

He was a Democrat until one day on the road to Damascus he was confronted by the spirit of Ayn Rand (or was it George Wallace?).

I suspect his approval ratings would be universally dismal, rather than dismal among everyone except republicans. I also suspect democratic congressmen would be far less inclined to toe the party line and far more likely to express overt displeasure with his antics than republicans have been.

I wonder if the government would still be functioning? I initially thought it would, though now I'm thinking that Trump's raging incompetence would rise quickly and catastrophically to the surface regardless of party affiliation.

I think I'll settle on saying: He would be more or less the same president, and we would be in more or less the same boat. The particulars might be different, but the outcomes wouldn't be. This isn't so much a republican problem as it is a Trump problem. With or without enablers of either color, Trump would blunder his way through a job he isn't remotely qualified for, and the American people will be paying for it for years to come.

Well, one thing is certain. He would still be in hock to Putin and a bunch of Putin connected Russian oligarchs up to his ears, and most likely he'd still be a Russian asset. Only we'd be having a tough time convincing some fringe lefties (think: Jill Stein types etc) that he was a corrupt puppet.

Oh and, his presidency would destroy the Democratic Party for something like the next forty or fifty years, too.

Still holding out hope that some brilliant folks will drop a laff bomb in our midst with something new.

Describe what Trump would be like if he WAS a Democrat
He'd be the same dissembling sack of **** he is now. He'd just have a "D," instead of an "R," after his name.

I think a better question is what would Trump be like if he were a woman?

Well, you can create your own thread to solicit answers to that question if you think it a better one than the one the OP-er asked.

He'd still be a big ass liar. What he wouldn't still be is POTUS because Dems wouldn't have nominated him.

Title says it all.

He was a democrat, and I thought he was an arrogant asshole back then.

Title says it all.

He was a democract until he decided to run for president. He knows he would never had been nominated otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom