• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis v. Critical Race Theory

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The governor framed the rise of critical race theory as a mortal threat to the United States. “I think what you see now with the rise of this woke ideology is an attempt to really delegitimize our history and to delegitimize our institutions,” he said. “And they basically want to replace it with a very militant form of leftism that would absolutely destroy this country.”

As illustrations of critical race theory in American institutions, DeSantis cited seven of my reports for City Journal: Arizona claiming that babies are racist; Santa Clara County denouncing the United States as a “parasitic system”; Philadelphia teaching students to celebrate “Black communism”; San Diego telling teachers “you are racist”; Bank of America teaching that the United States is a “system of white supremacy”; Verizon teaching that America is fundamentally racist; and Google teaching that all Americans are “raised to be racist.”

“This is an elite-driven phenomenon being driven by bureaucratic elites, elites in universities, and elites in corporate America, and they’re trying to shove it down the throats of the American people,” DeSantis said. “You’re not doing that in the state of Florida.”
details of the proposed law @ link
“Stop the Wrongs to Our Kids and Employees Act,” which would ban critical-race-theory indoctrination in public schools, prohibit racially abusive training programs in the workplace, and provide parents and workers the right to sue institutions that violate these prohibitions.

The governor framed the rise of critical race theory as a mortal threat to the United States. “I think what you see now with the rise of this woke ideology is an attempt to really delegitimize our history and to delegitimize our institutions,” he said. “And they basically want to replace it with a very militant form of leftism that would absolutely destroy this country.”

As illustrations of critical race theory in American institutions, DeSantis cited seven of my reports for City Journal: Arizona claiming that babies are racist; Santa Clara County denouncing the United States as a “parasitic system”; Philadelphia teaching students to celebrate “Black communism”; San Diego telling teachers “you are racist”; Bank of America teaching that the United States is a “system of white supremacy”; Verizon teaching that America is fundamentally racist; and Google teaching that all Americans are “raised to be racist.”

Black communism?

Following the links and finding slightly less hysterical descriptions of what is going on, most of it sounds fine.

None of it is happening in Florida. Should anything objectionable come up, rather than threaten all teachers with possible indictments and convictions for a crime, wouldn't be more reasonable to simply ask them to stop?

Gosh, I like DeSantis! I'd love it if he were to become our next president and, if not, our next VP would be pretty good too.

Gosh, I like DeSantis! I'd love it if he were to become our next president and, if not, our next VP would be pretty good too.

I doubt he can save white supremacy, but he's sure giving it his best shot.

The constant attempts by the left to pit american against american is not healthy for the nation. It seems to be the left's common attack method.

Black communism?
According to whistleblower documents and a source within the school, a fifth-grade teacher at the inner-city William D. Kelley School designed a social studies curriculum to celebrate Davis, praising the “black communist” for her fight against “injustice and inequality.” As part of the lesson, the teacher asked students to “describe Davis’ early life,” reflect on her vision of social change, and “define communist”—presumably in favorable terms.

At the conclusion of the unit, the teacher led the ten- and eleven-year-old students into the school auditorium to “simulate” a Black Power rally to “free Angela Davis” from prison

CRT white defensiveness.jpg

Well he certainly can't run based upon policies that serve society as a whole now can he. Race pimps indeed. Every generation finds out what america is all about. He can't stop that.

details of the proposed law @ link
“Stop the Wrongs to Our Kids and Employees Act,” which would ban critical-race-theory indoctrination in public schools, prohibit racially abusive training programs in the workplace, and provide parents and workers the right to sue institutions that violate these prohibitions.
In other words these niggers need to be put back into their place and you white dems who side with real history being taught are an abomination to america, white america.

With the leadership of the gop being ninety five percent white men and the base of the gop being ninety five percent white folks, I don't know why anyone would think the gop is racist?

CRT's major flaw is that is paints all whites with the same brush. It puts the Trump-supporting, pickup-driving hick from Alabama in the same bucket as a white Starbucks-sipping hipster in Seattle: both are equally guilty of benefitting from an American system built on white supremacy.

In other words these niggers need to be put back into their place and you white dems who side with real history being taught are an abomination to america, white america.

With the leadership of the gop being ninety five percent white men and the base of the gop being ninety five percent white folks, I don't know why anyone would think the gop is racist?
real history has been taught.
slavery, jim crow, lynchings.but also the civil war, Emancipation Proclamation, 14th amendment, and the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
IOW a balanced and transparent history. Not crap like the 1619 Project that "America was founded to protect slavery"
and this white guilt crap the latte crowd sips that if you are white you are inherently racist, in a systemic racist country

your numbers are off on the GOP, but i'm not bothering to argue partisan politics.

You are using the n-word not me. So go ahead and keep it up despite the Virginia election screaming at you to stop it.
You are going to lose the midterms. The Hispanic vote is about 50-50 polling now and I encourage you to continue the baseless radicalism so we can squash this nonsense quickly and completely and get back to Dr.King's vision for the good of the country

real history has been taught.
slavery, jim crow, lynchings.but also the civil war, Emancipation Proclamation, 14th amendment, and the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
IOW a balanced and transparent history. Not crap like the 1619 Project that "America was founded to protect slavery"
and this white guilt crap the latte crowd sips that if you are white you are inherently racist, in a systemic racist country

your numbers are off on the GOP, but i'm not bothering to argue partisan politics.

You are using the n-word not me. So go ahead and keep it up despite the Virginia election screaming at you to stop it.
You are going to lose the midterms. The Hispanic vote is about 50-50 polling now and I encourage you to continue the baseless radicalism so we can squash this nonsense quickly and completely and get back to Dr.King's vision for the good of the country
I'm not going to lose anything if the gop does take all three branches of government, more than likely their decisions will not affect me at all, however I can't say the same for the country.

I'm not going to lose anything if the gop does take all three branches of government, more than likely their decisions will not affect me at all, however I can't say the same for the country.
that's nice. and irrelevant to the topic

No, what destroys this country is the existence of millions of fanatics who would literally rather die than doing anything they think might portray Joe Biden in a positive light.

No, what destroys this country is the existence of millions of fanatics who would literally rather die than doing anything they think might portray Joe Biden in a positive light.
you mean like TDS under Trump? Now you can tell me "that's different" :rolleyes:

you mean like TDS under Trump? Now you can tell me "that's different" :rolleyes:

It certainly is, especially since most of “TDS” is literally just his followers throwing a tantrum over anyone holding him accountable.

It certainly is, especially since most of “TDS” is literally just his followers throwing a tantrum over anyone holding him accountable.
rofl.. I knew you'd say "but that's different" .you never disappoint .. do i really need to post examples of TDS?
here's your "tantrum"

rofl.. I knew you'd say "but that's different" .you never disappoint .. do i really need to post examples of TDS?
here's your "tantrum"

Meanwhile, this is what Trump cultists did when your Dear Leader got his ass kicked

“TDS” is nothing more than the hysterical shrieks of horror from the MAGA morons that anyone would dare hold their idol accountable

Meanwhile, this is what Trump cultists did when your Dear Leader got his ass kicked

“TDS” is nothing more than the hysterical shrieks of horror from the MAGA morons that anyone would dare hold their idol accountable
hey no question the rioters have to face justice. Did you know some are still being held in filthy conditions of the DC jail?
The vice warden wont let Congresspersons in for months after arrest or give timely proper medical treatment.
Doubt you care about this abhorrent violation of cruel and unusual since you are a single minded partisan. It's vile

hey no question the rioters have to face justice. Did you know some are still being held in filthy conditions of the DC jail?
The vice warden wont let Congresspersons in for months after arrest or give timely proper medical treatment.
Doubt you care about this abhorrent violation of cruel and unusual since you are a single minded partisan. It's vile
Meanwhile Trump’s supporters are howling about them being “political prisoners”.

Boo ****ing hoo. In around half the countries in the world—probably more than that—all they’d receive is a bullet in the back of the head. Treason has consequences. The fact that nobody’s letting Gaetz and Taylor Greene preen and strut as they try to turn the January 6th thugs into “heroes” is entire appropriate.

No, what’s vile is what the rampaging horde of Trump cultists tried to do.

Meanwhile Trump’s supporters are howling about them being “political prisoners”.

Boo ****ing hoo. In around half the countries in the world—probably more than that—all they’d receive is a bullet in the back of the head. Treason has consequences. The fact that nobody’s letting Gaetz and Taylor Greene preen and strut as they try to turn the January 6th thugs into “heroes” is entire appropriate.

No, what’s vile is what the rampaging horde of Trump cultists tried to do.
JFC you are bloodthirsty crazed more then i imagined. I'm not even going further .

Back
Top Bottom