• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis slams NCAA and Lia Thomas, declares Florida swimmer 'rightful winner'

Can you name me a single transgender female athlete that won a college scholarship? How about a transgender female winning the League MVP for the WNBA? How about a metal in the Olympics?

Transgender people are an extremely small segment of our population. It's even smaller, if you only include transgender females in sports. As far as I know, the NCAA allows transgender women into women's sports, if they have been on estrogen for at least a year and their hormone levels are the same levels as a biological woman.
And they have a massive advantage in women's sports

Thats exactly what he is doing, and he'll gain much popularity as a result of it IMO.
Democrats have got to stop shooting themselves in the foot with these well intentioned but very scatter brained social "justice" issues.
Its one thing to say a transgender has a right to exist and live as they want, I agree with that, and another thing entirely to say "Oh you are exactly like a woman, you should be able to compete against women in sports and to hit the ladies showers." Thats just preposterous. I read this Mia fella hasn't even had his junk removed, dont know if thats true and I'm not about to check him for a bulge but thats what I read earlier. Thats a DUDE, not a woman. SHEEESH!
Of course he is .. he's focusing on the social issues that Americans have a problem with (e.g. education, illegal immigration, mask mandates etc.). These are ongoing issues that continue to deteriorate under Biden administration, and this will most likely be the theme going into the 2022 elections. Unfortunately for Democrats, they are in reactionary mode now as we've seen with their sudden lifting of mask mandates.

. As far as I know, the NCAA allows transgender women into women's sports, if they have been on estrogen for at least a year and their hormone levels are the same levels as a biological woman.
The fact they went through male puberty, and are still male, gives them a biological advantage over an actual female, which is why they need to be banned from competing against women. They are not female, they are male. If they want to compete, they can compete against other males. It's grossly unfair to actual women to have to compete against a male who has the biological advantages of size, strength, endurance etc.

I don't think there's much to explain, but I'll give it a try. If we want to be more inclusive and reduce discrimination against people who do not cleanly fit the male or female categories, we should increase focus on increasing the number of sports leagues designed for all genders, all sexes. Lets have more sports programs where men and women can compete together, rather than focusing on sex segregation.

I guess I’m confused on how that would help this situation. Unless you’re saying we shouldn’t get rid of individual sports all together.

This is a contentious issue and I understand both positions. This example will probably end up as something that history will remember. That being said, DeSantis is just projecting himself into the narrative for exposure, imo.

First: Disantis as already proven himself to be a vile propagandist so now news there lol

Second ill say that same thing i do in all posts on this issue
SInce im not POS bigoted snowflake against rights, freedom, science and or equality I understand this issue isnt about my wittle twiggered feelwings LMAO

so with that said I leave it up to medical science and rights

IMO all sports tied to scholastics should be regulated by science since this deals with college admissions/edcuation etc
if science determines that there is no unfair advantage in general or based on rules and regulations of conversion periods, estrogen/testosterone levels, muscle mass etc etc then so be it
if science determines that there is an unfair advantage in general or based on rules and regulations of conversion periods, estrogen/testosterone levels, muscle mass etc etc then so be it

either way I'm good as long as its based on science, im also GUESSING that it will be more individual-based . . meaning person and sport not a blanket finding but i could be wrong

now outside of that, sports orgs are free to do whatever they want whether i agree or not. For example wIthout science proving or not proving this I doubt its fair that a male training to be a fighter since they were 16, comes out as trans at age 27 and then instantly starts competing in female MMA BUT my feelings of fairness are meaningless. The MMA is free to do what they like within the law and if people dont like it they are free not to participate. 🤷‍♂️

on a side note for those that need it

Quick Facts:
Gender =/= sex
Biology =/= gender
Transgender =/= sexual orientation
Transgender =/= delusion
Transgender =/= crossdressing/drag queens
Transgender =/= mental disorder
Transgender =/= Gender Dysphoria
Transitioning =/= child abuse
Transitioning =/= changing sex

Links for education

all that aside HONEST discussion can be had on sports and this is my 2 cents
Women's sports arent in any danger and thus dont need saving/protection from "transgenders" thats a loony toon false narrative on the same level as the war on Christmas, 1/6 deniers, election truthers and flat earthers and watching the bigots and nutters have meltdowns over this is hilarious.

Sports are entertainment. People are starving and dying while other people kvetch that someone with a penis something something against someone with a vagina something something in a concrete hole filled with water.
Not for the people who otherwise wouldn't go to college.

Let's be clear. Sports organizations are not FREE to do as they please. They are not free to openly discriminate.

First: Disantis as already proven himself to be a vile propagandist so now news there lol

Second ill say that same thing i do in all posts on this issue
SInce im not POS bigoted snowflake against rights, freedom, science and or equality I understand this issue isnt about my wittle twiggered feelwings LMAO

so with that said I leave it up to medical science and rights

IMO all sports tied to scholastics should be regulated by science since this deals with college admissions/edcuation etc
if science determines that there is no unfair advantage in general or based on rules and regulations of conversion periods, estrogen/testosterone levels, muscle mass etc etc then so be it
if science determines that there is an unfair advantage in general or based on rules and regulations of conversion periods, estrogen/testosterone levels, muscle mass etc etc then so be it

either way I'm good as long as its based on science, im also GUESSING that it will be more individual-based . . meaning person and sport not a blanket finding but i could be wrong

now outside of that, sports orgs are free to do whatever they want whether i agree or not. For example wIthout science proving or not proving this I doubt its fair that a male training to be a fighter since they were 16, comes out as trans at age 27 and then instantly starts competing in female MMA BUT my feelings of fairness are meaningless. The MMA is free to do what they like within the law and if people dont like it they are free not to participate. 🤷‍♂️

on a side note for those that need it

Quick Facts:
Gender =/= sex
Biology =/= gender
Transgender =/= sexual orientation
Transgender =/= delusion
Transgender =/= crossdressing/drag queens
Transgender =/= mental disorder
Transgender =/= Gender Dysphoria
Transitioning =/= child abuse
Transitioning =/= changing sex

Links for education

Women's sports arent in any danger and thus dont need saving/protection from "transgenders" thats a loony toon false narrative on the same level as the war on Christmas, 1/6 deniers, election truthers and flat earthers and watching the bigots and nutters have meltdowns over this is hilarious.
Science shows that males have biological advantages in strength, size and endurance over females, as Mr. Thomas clearly showed in this instance when he went from being ranked somewhere in the 500's when he competed against males, to being number 1 when he competed against females.

Why is it a false narrative when trans-women shatter records in women's sports?

I guess I’m confused on how that would help this situation. Unless you’re saying we shouldn’t get rid of individual sports all together.
The physical aspects of sports is THE difference between men and women's sports though.
If the sport it something that men and women compete equally on, then that physical aspect is lost and it is no longer 'sport'.
I can't think of a single sport that men and women have an equal chance of winning vs each other.

What we're doing here as a society is allowing the transgender population (0.4%) to ruin what women (50%) have worked their asses off to achieve. I have an idea, let's have a separate LBGQTXYZ+ (whatever else they have like the feminists) sports league (minor, major, olympics, etc...) where their men can kick the shit of their "women" all day long in all sports. I'll actually watch that on TV, because there's nothing more satisfying then watching liberals choke on their own hypocrisy. In the mean time, the hetero population will continue to respect women by letting them have their own all biological women's sports.
I’d say if you are a young woman competing in NCAA swimming, this is a real, legit problem.

If you’re a young woman competing in high school hoping to make it into a collegiate team and get a scholarship…

If you are the parent of such a young woman…

The NCAA needs to take a better look at their policies and protect the integrity of women’s sports at the collegiate level.
Pathetic.

Republicans/Trumpers acting like they suddenly care about women. You people are fooling absolutely no one.

Why is it a false narrative when trans-women shatter records in women's sports?
Because women's sports arent in any "danger" LOL

This is a contentious issue and I understand both positions. This example will probably end up as something that history will remember. That being said, DeSantis is just projecting himself into the narrative for exposure, imo.

I agree that DeSantis' motives were purely cynical, but it was made possible because the Democrats have allowed themselves to be beholden to the woke left. You can be a supporter of transgender rights, and also recognize that male-to-female transgender athletes have an unfair advantage in many women's sports.

Science shows that males have biological advantages in strength, size and endurance over females,
yes science does show that in general, on AVERAGE for males that haven't transitioned in anyway, this isnt news or the topic. lol

yes science does show that in general, on AVERAGE for males that haven't transitioned in anyway, this isnt news or the topic. lol
Biologist Emma Hilton who co-authored a review on trans women in sports studied this.

She found that in most every category, men are much stronger. Testosterone blockers just can’t close the gap.

“A male could be 40% stronger than a female on his legs,” she says. “Things like shoulder width don’t change when transgender women suppress testosterone. They don’t get shorter. Their hearts don’t get smaller. They’ve still got big lungs. The performance gap in weightlifting is over 30% ... throwing a baseball over 50% ... when a male punches, 160%.”

What about the individual women that are amazing athletes, but have their spot taken by a biological males? Don’t those biological women deserve the spot over the biological male? Why can’t all biological males play in male sports no matter their gender identity?

when a man ranked in the mid 500's decides he wants to compete against women, and he then absolutely crushes women and is ranked 1 in the womens league, that womens sport is in danger

Men who have transitioned have an advantage over females. You've been shown this, in several other threads. Mr. Thomas has a clear biological and unfair advantage over the actual women he competed against, which is why he went from 500th in mens league to #1 in the womens.

As the Governor of Utah put it so well when he just vetoed a laws banning transgender students in high school sports: "rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few."

I don't think there's much to explain, but I'll give it a try. If we want to be more inclusive and reduce discrimination against people who do not cleanly fit the male or female categories, we should increase focus on increasing the number of sports leagues designed for all genders, all sexes. Lets have more sports programs where men and women can compete together, rather than focusing on sex segregation.
Are you going to come up with the new ideas?
Any sport that has speed, strength, etc as main ingredients means that the male will be better in MOST cases
I mean they can play lawn darts....
How about table tennis....

The reality is that you cant have men/women compete fairly in most sports....genetics make it impossible

Back
Top Bottom