• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis slams NCAA and Lia Thomas, declares Florida swimmer 'rightful winner'

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is a contentious issue and I understand both positions. This example will probably end up as something that history will remember. That being said, DeSantis is just projecting himself into the narrative for exposure, imo.

DeSantis is just projecting himself into the narrative for exposure, imo.

Thats exactly what he is doing, and he'll gain much popularity as a result of it IMO.
Democrats have got to stop shooting themselves in the foot with these well intentioned but very scatter brained social "justice" issues.
Its one thing to say a transgender has a right to exist and live as they want, I agree with that, and another thing entirely to say "Oh you are exactly like a woman, you should be able to compete against women in sports and to hit the ladies showers." Thats just preposterous. I read this Mia fella hasn't even had his junk removed, dont know if thats true and I'm not about to check him for a bulge but thats what I read earlier. Thats a DUDE, not a woman. SHEEESH!

Thats exactly what he is doing, and he'll gain much popularity as a result of it IMO.
Democrats have got to stop shooting themselves in the foot with these well intentioned but very scatter brained social "justice" issues.
Its one thing to say a transgender has a right to exist and live as they want, I agree with that, and another thing entirely to say "Oh you are exactly like a woman, you should be able to compete against women in sports and to hit the ladies showers." Thats just preposterous. I read this Mia fella hasn't even had his junk removed, dont know if thats true and I'm not about to check him for a bulge but thats what I read earlier. Thats a DUDE, not a woman. SHEEESH!
Maybe it's time we started worrying less about who can swim to the end of a pool and back the fastest, or who can kick/hit/throw a ball the best, and worry about actual issues in this country/world when there are real, legit problems going on.

Maybe it's time we started worrying less about who can swim to the end of a pool and back the fastest, or who can kick/hit/throw a ball the best, and worry about actual issues in this country/world when there are real, legit problems going on.
I’d say if you are a young woman competing in NCAA swimming, this is a real, legit problem.

If you’re a young woman competing in high school hoping to make it into a collegiate team and get a scholarship…

If you are the parent of such a young woman…

The NCAA needs to take a better look at their policies and protect the integrity of women’s sports at the collegiate level.

I’d say if you are a young woman competing in NCAA swimming, this is a real, legit problem.
Sports are entertainment. People are starving and dying while other people kvetch that someone with a penis something something against someone with a vagina something something in a concrete hole filled with water.

Desantis is right. Obviously. Allowing men to compete in womens sports, destroys womens sports.
What we're doing here as a society is allowing the transgender population (0.4%) to ruin what women (50%) have worked their asses off to achieve. I have an idea, let's have a separate LBGQTXYZ+ (whatever else they have like the feminists) sports league (minor, major, olympics, etc...) where their men can kick the shit of their "women" all day long in all sports. I'll actually watch that on TV, because there's nothing more satisfying then watching liberals choke on their own hypocrisy. In the mean time, the hetero population will continue to respect women by letting them have their own all biological women's sports.

Sports are entertainment. People are starving and dying while other people kvetch that someone with a penis something something against someone with a vagina something something in a concrete hole filled with water.
Yawn.

It isn’t an “either/or” choice.

Luckily, the NCAA isn’t in charge of solving world hunger, so dealing with the issue of trans and women’s sports won’t be diverting their attention away from world hunger.

Why do you hate women?

Yawn.

It isn’t an “either/or” choice.

Luckily, the NCAA isn’t in charge of solving world hunger, so dealing with the issue of trans and women’s sports won’t be diverting their attention away from world hunger.
And DeSantis isn't in charge of the NCAA and how they choose to manage their entertainment.

Glad we could finally get to the point here. DeSantis isn't governor of the NCAAA or sports. If having these little tantrums are what he chooses to spend his time on, it shows what a clown he is. There are real issues for politicians to work on, and every second the waste whining about ENTERTAINMENT is time not spent on real issues.

What we're doing here as a society is allowing the transgender population (0.4%) to ruin what women (50%) have worked their asses off to achieve. I have an idea, let's have a separate LBGQTXYZ+ (whatever else they have like the feminists) sports league (minor, major, olympics, etc...) where their men can kick the shit of their "women" all day long in all sports. I'll actually watch that on TV, because there's nothing more satisfying then watching liberals choke on their own hypocrisy. In the mean time, the hetero population will continue to respect women by letting them have their own all biological women's sports.
Compete on the team of your biological gender or compete in intramural, community, etc leagues instead. (You know, where Thomas did compete for 3 years)

There are countless social swimming leagues in the Greater Philadelphia area (where Thomas is). That’s where they should have been swimming - not on the women’s team.

Hopefully, the NCAA sets a bar high enough to put an end to this and only one season of women’s swimming is ruined.

This is a contentious issue and I understand both positions. This example will probably end up as something that history will remember. That being said, DeSantis is just projecting himself into the narrative for exposure, imo.
I agree, that DeSantis is looking to up his profile, but he's correct in that Lia should not be competing against natural born women. I'm fine with her being considered a "her", but she has the body of a man, in shape and form. Longer arms, broader shoulders, larger hands, etc., all make it unfair to have her competing against women. It sucks, sure, but it really isn't fair to the other women. Trans-women need their own league.

The fact of her biology shouldn't be such a confusing issue for Liberals and Progressives. Stop trying to unfairly protect trans-people simply become Conservatives are in opposition to it.

Compete on the team of your biological gender or compete in intramural, community, etc leagues instead. (You know, where Thomas did compete for 3 years)

There are countless social swimming leagues in the Greater Philadelphia area (where Thomas is). That’s where they should have been swimming - not on the women’s team.

Hopefully, the NCAA sets a bar high enough to put an end to this and only one season of women’s swimming is ruined.
🤣🤣

Ruined swimming. Jesus...

There are real issues in the world people face right now. Who touched concrete first at the end of a swim race isn't one of them.

OK:rolleyes:👌

And DeSantis isn't in charge of the NCAA and how they choose to manage their entertainment.

Glad we could finally get to the point here. DeSantis isn't governor of the NCAAA or sports. If having these little tantrums are what he chooses to spend his time on, it shows what a clown he is. There are real issues for politicians to work on, and every second the waste whining about ENTERTAINMENT is time not spent on real issues.
Yes, he’s a politician.

And I guarantee this letter and his stance on this gained him “points”, likely even with people that don’t necessarily like the man or most of his politics but can agree with him on this.

Back
Top Bottom