• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis proposes new Florida congressional map that could wipe out Democratic redistricting gains

Multiple Democrats were whining about how evil all Republicans are about gerrymandering.

Turns out, Democrats are hypocrites and do the exact same thing. Illinois serves as an example of such. It skewers the point of multiple posters within this thread. Play mod with someone else.

^ Doubling down on whataboutism. This thread is about Florida's latest gerrymandering, which you seem to have no problem with.

I will say that people from Norway can not be called American. As for right winger or not right winger, you aren't voting in the american elections.

If my command of American English is not enough to persuade you I'm not Norwegian, perhaps you should use the Search function and see if I've ever expressed an opinion about Norwegian politics, food, culture or really anything.

Your trust in the little flag under people's names suggests you're gullible in other ways too. For instance, thinking I'm a right winger just because I don't support the new fangled "electoral commissions." They may work in Canada, but are way up the "wouldn't work here" alley for America. I'll just make the point again, that they're still in beta testing in California, because they're only used once every ten years.

From CNN:

Having the governor redraw the electoral map sounds a lot like the actions of a tin-pot dictator to me. His solution to gerrymandering, even more gerrymandering. This is a perfect example of why the drawing of electoral districts should be by independent commissions.
Will he succeed?

Back
Top Bottom