• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis proposes a new civilian military force in Florida that he would control

Fear of Civil War well don't aggress against Florida and you won't have that fear.

I think a healthy dose of live and let live would go a long way for people in this country.
Having them follow federal law is hardly aggression.

Yeah the wording is a little bizarre but what that is is a state militia.

The state I live in has a standing state military called the state guard

LOL.. And what is the Texas State Guard actually capable of doing? They are not even authorized to be armed...

I guess I don't understand the comment you made in post 176
I do. The fact is that desantis is suing right and left to get around various federal laws. He seems to consider that to be some form of aggression, as you pointed out.

I do. The fact is that desantis is suing right and left to get around various federal laws.
That's his job. And his right. Read the bill of rights.
He seems to consider that to be some form of aggression, as you pointed out.
Well if the fed stops then there is nothing to worry about.

Then there isn't any issue.

Issue? I've never considered the Texas State Guard anything more than largely a bunch of wanna be's...

Well that is even stupider.. The state guard is not trained in ANY way to fight along side regular or national guard members... They will NEVER be called to federal duty.. good lord
Seriously...you should have stopped three posts ago. You are making yourself look stupid. You are bleating on based on nothing more than your bias and ignorance. Tragic. You should stop...for your sake.

You wont.

That's his job. And his right. Read the bill of rights.
Well if the fed stops then there is nothing to worry about.
There was no reason you to talk about aggressing florida.

You talked about it in the op what do you think of civil war is?
That has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but was entirely your assertion.

My stance is that the GOP is so off the rails at this point that they tend to imagine people going against them more often then people actually doing it. They think small things like a vaccine mandate is aggression, its silly. The reality is that they are looking for any excuse to take over and don't care if they destroy people's live in the process.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but was entirely your assertion.
I'm sorry a civil war is aggression against States by other states or the federal government.

My stance is that the GOP is so off the rails at this point that they tend to imagine people going against them more often then people actually doing it. They think small things like a vaccine mandate is aggression, its silly.
some people take these issues and more seriously than you do. Nobody cares if you think they're silly. The fact that you don't understand the reasoning behind it or purposefully misunderstand it is probably the reason for them taking it as an aggression.

You either mean it that way or you're too naive to understand why

I'm sorry a civil war is aggression against States by other states or the federal government.
Incorrect, it could go either way. The states are not automagically the victims.
some people take these issues and more seriously than you do. Nobody cares if you think they're silly. The fact that you don't understand the reasoning behind it or purposefully misunderstand it is probably the reason for them taking it as an aggression.

You either mean it that way or you're too naive to understand why
And those people tend to be on the crazier side and are just an unfortunate burden our current society is saddled with, trying to drag normal people down to their level.

Incorrect, it could go either way. The states are not automagically the victims.
If the Fed is usurping power yes they are.
And those people tend to be on the crazier side and are just an unfortunate burden our current society is saddled with, trying to drag normal people down to their level.
Yeah I know everyone you disagree with is crazy because you can't make a point. It's not a problem with you it's everyone else.

If the Fed is usurping power yes they are.
Incorrect, as there was never a "normal" for them to usurp power from.
Yeah I know everyone you disagree with is crazy because you can't make a point. It's not a problem with you it's everyone else.
You not understanding my point isn't my problem.

Incorrect, as there was never a "normal" for them to usurp power from.
well the point is that would be an aggression so thanks for agreeing with me
You not understanding my point isn't my problem.
I understand it. You're calling people crazy and silly for not agreeing with you.

It isn't complex it isn't nuanced it isn't very mature.

well the point is that would be an aggression so thanks for agreeing with me
So now you are reduced to mischaracterizing my statements?
I understand it. You're calling people crazy and silly for not agreeing with you.

It isn't complex it isn't nuanced it isn't very mature.
It is also entirely correct. If we are to have a functional and technologically complex society, then my perspective is the one to have.

So now you are reduced to mischaracterizing my statements?
waa waa waa.
It is also entirely correct. If we are to have a functional and technologically complex society, then my perspective is the one to have.
And that's why adoption of your perspective must be resisted to the death. If you can't accept this you are bringing the Civil War on to yourself.

Maybe it's good that you think people are crazy it will keep you from trying anything.

More than mindlessly blubbering on the internet.

waa waa waa.
Do you actually have an argument to make at this point or are you just mad?
And that's why adoption of your perspective must be resisted to the death. If you can't accept this you are bringing the Civil War on to yourself.

Maybe it's good that you think people are crazy it will keep you from trying anything.

More than mindlessly blubbering on the internet.
I am sure you and your fellow people in remote cabins are very mad. The only issue is that the internet allowed the crazies to come together instead of the natural process of having society dissuade them from their paranoid fantasies take place. That's a social media issue at its root.

Do you actually have an argument to make at this point or are you just mad?
An argument against what all you're saying is you don't like anyone because they disagree with you.

I don't argue against that you do you.
I am sure you and your fellow people in remote cabins are very mad.
I guess the entire state of Florida is a remote cabin.

And the state military is just them getting mad.

If that's all it was you wouldn't be crying about it.

Back
Top Bottom