• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis proposes a new civilian military force in Florida that he would control

Incorrect, it was an attempt to change legitimate election results into Trump rule and the US away from democracy.

Incorrect. It was a protest of the outcome of an election. Had they intended to "overthrow the government" they wouldn't have left their guns at home, and probably would have stayed longer than a few hours.

You just need to believe it was an insurrection to justify the gestapo tactics that you demand against your political opponents.

Incorrect. It was a protest of the outcome of an election. Had they intended to "overthrow the government" they wouldn't have left their guns at home, and probably would have stayed longer than a few hours.

You just need to believe it was an insurrection to justify the gestapo tactics that you demand against your political opponents.
Incorrect, for some on site it was a protest, for others at that location it was an attempt to overthrow our democratic foundations and install a dictator, we know this because they were trying to hunt down politicians. Also, defense of democracy itself is pretty much the opposite of gestapo, but I guess you needed to try and muddy the issue.

Incorrect, for some on site it was a protest, for others at that location it was an attempt to overthrow our democratic foundations and install a dictator, we know this because they were trying to hunt down politicians.

Still nope. Can you point me to the people on this list charged with insurrection?

Also, defense of democracy itself is pretty much the opposite of gestapo, but I guess you needed to try and muddy the issue.

So you don't understand what Gestapo is either? I'm sure the Gestapo hammering The Reich's political opposition thought they were defending Democracy too... they always do as they conduct midnight raids on political opposition and unfavorable members of the media.

The Liberals/Democrats are so afraid of DiSantis as a presidential contender in 2024, any story that strengthens his hold on his state will be magnified to suggest nefarious plans for the country.
He will be a target for the next three years. I hope so. Because that will mean he is the most popular Republican leader who has the potential to push Trump out of the way.
And that redounds to the success of the Republicans in 2024.

So you have no clue our border is not secure by any stretch of the imagination. Biden is doing nothin but sweeping the problem under the rug. He is basically just bussing them to cities all across the country. Spreading this pandemic as best he can. Biden threw in the towel when it came to our immigration laws and border problem when he turned it over to Harris who has done nothing but laugh about the problem. You think the number of people vaccinated in a country like the USA a success story. The only story it tells is how many people in this country have not faith or trust in our federal government. Maybe Biden and Harris should start telling people how the vaccine was rushed again. You haven't looked at the price of gasoline or anything else for that matter. You need to come out from under the rock and look around. People are not working and employers are looking for workers. Oh and that supply problem that only seems to be in the left run California should make it perfectly clear how well the left leaders are doing.

I know the solution. Maybe we can send millions of people back to a city or town near you masquerading as protesters to spread the omicron variant as quickly as possible across the country. Maybe they can burn more peoples business to the ground and destroy their property while they are at it.
As I said in the previous post. Show me the source for your claims. I see zero in this rant.

A number of states have a State Guard or State Militia, separate from the National Guard which is run by the Governor but funded by the Fed.

My state has one. It isn't worth much from what I hear, but it exists. Never heard anyone flip out over it or talk civil war.

My state has one. It isn't worth much from what I hear, but it exists. Never heard anyone flip out over it or talk civil war.
Your state's Governor isn't a popular choice for the next Prez race like DeSantis is.

DeSantis is getting smeared just because he's a favorite. CBS tried via 60 Minutes. That failed horribly when even some Florida Dems slapped them down over it.

Obviously DeSantis isn't going to publicly say what it's really for.
Does anyone doubt that what DeSantis' handpicked Gestapo is intended to be is DeSantis' secret police who will "convince" local leaders to see DeSantis's side in every political issue?

I hope DeSantis runs for President of the United States. Even extreme right-wing crazies and Qnutts believe that DeSantis has been drinking Trump's bathwater.

No one - NO ONE - who loves and supports freedom wants an American government official to have his/her own private police force.

I would think this makes a lot of sense with how many hurricanes, etc hit FL. Gives him more resources to deploy for state of emergencies, etc
It really won't help. It will accomplish just the opposite.

What is the upper age limit?

Geezers with guns, what could go wrong?

;)
Most State Guards are unarmed. The Virginia Defense Force does not get issued weapons but serves in support roles (communications, transport, etc) to supplement the VA National Guard.

I wonder how many of the people responding know that this is already a 'thing' and is active in 24 states, including California, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and other traditionally blue states.
I was just about to go there... 23 states and Puerto Rico.

These are not national guard units... They get NO access to any military assets or training... Think of them as grown up Boy Scouts...
Did you hear the budget? 3.5 million dollars? That is next to nothing and certainly nothing a military would look like.

"it would become the 23rd active state guard in the country, DeSantis' office said in a press release, joining California, Texas and New York."

Im ok with it. One step closer to independence.
I am pretty sure that the rest of the USA would just vote you guys out if you allowed it. Nobody needs Florida. Shithole that creates all these problems.

Back
Top Bottom