• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis on a downward slide in Florida.......looks like he may be.

Callen

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Looks like the people of Florida are not happy with DeSantis and his absolute disregard for the health and well-being of Floridians. Not only does some recent polling showing him dropping especially amongst Independents but it shows that Floridians don't want him in the WH either. In this poll DeSantis trails Crist by 9 points and for the Federal election, he trails Biden by 10. This is not the only polling showing him on a slide since early August. The polls also show that Floridians generally approve of the vaccine mandates.

Trump's playbook didn't work for Trump and looks like it's not working for DeSantis.

Looks like the people of Florida are not happy with DeSantis and his absolute disregard for the health and well-being of Floridians. Not only does some recent polling showing him dropping especially amongst Independents but it shows that Floridians don't want him in the WH either. In this poll DeSantis trails Crist by 9 points and for the Federal election, he trails Biden by 10. This is not the only polling showing him on a slide since early August. The polls also show that Floridians generally approve of the vaccine mandates.

Trump's playbook didn't work for Trump and looks like it's not working for DeSantis.

I hope these numbers hold until Nov. 2022. DeSantis is a fool, and Crist is a moderate even as a republican. If DeSantis loses the governorship it will probably kill his chances for a run at the presidency.

Pay attention to the Governor’s body language and facial expression while the guy is lying about RNA and the vaccine.

Killing ones own constituents is apparently a bad political strategy.

Six months ago my folks who live in FL loved their governor. Last week, during a visit Norht, they had nothing good to say about the man at all. I was rather surprised by how fast they turned on him, and proud too, I might add.

My SIL's mother lives in The Villages in Florida which, besides many other things, is a geriatric GOP hot bed. While still overwhelming Trumpsters and therefore defacto De Santis supporters, De Santis' support is dwindling according to her. Fewer Trump flags and signs......and more happy hour rants against De Santis.

And pay attention to Governor's silence and no inclination to correct the speaker.
He was asked the next day and professed not to have heard the RNA remark.

I can’t find the link now…..

He is truly a one term mistake copycat and liar. Trump said he didn't know who the Proud boys were either.
This is even more incredible, DeSantis turned over his podium the the guy with the misinformation. He, DeSantis, looks like he knows he is in trouble, imo.

LOL. Christ leads DeSantis. Uh huh. The only thing that fat boy leads is the buffet line.

This is even more incredible, DeSantis turned over his podium the the guy with the misinformation. He, DeSantis, looks like he knows he is in trouble, imo.
He better be in trouble. His latest escapade is threatening to fine local Govts. for requiring vaccines for their employees. Florida had 20% of US covid deaths last week too.

ORLANDO, Fla. – Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Monday threatened local governments with $5,000 fines per violation for requiring their employees to get vaccinated against the coronavirus that has overrun hospitals and killed tens of thousands across the state.

Local municipalities, such as Orange County and the city of Gainesville, potentially face millions of dollars in cumulative fines for implementing a requirement that their employees get a COVID-19 vaccine, the Republican governor said.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/flori...-to-fine-cities-county-over-vaccine-mandates/

LOL. Christ leads DeSantis. Uh huh. The only thing that fat boy leads is the buffet line.
You have the wrong Crist... Our next Governor is not fat.

Charlie_Crist_115th_Congress_photo.jpg

I was exposed to Covid at work by a person who refused to get vaccinated. She showed up to work sick. She looked horrible. She slept all weekend and feel asleep driving her car, but said it was just a sinus infection that needed to pass. After trying to convince her to leave the office and go to the dr, HR got involved. They told her to leave and go to the doctor. She left and returned saying the doctor had nothing to say, but suggested a Covid test but he didn’t really think she had Covid. Long story short, she planned on staying at work and”waiting it out”. HR said hell no. They told her to leave and not come back until she was tested, and her test was positive!

It’s caused a mess in the office. De Santis protected, excused, and encouraged such behavior, and having a person act so recklessly and not care about their safety and the safety of others is infuriating. De Santis needs to go. Everybody is going to tire of these people and their reckless regard for health and safety. It is a life or death situation.

Six months ago my folks who live in FL loved their governor. Last week, during a visit Norht, they had nothing good to say about the man at all. I was rather surprised by how fast they turned on him, and proud too, I might add.
What was the line for them?

My SIL's mother lives in The Villages in Florida which, besides many other things, is a geriatric GOP hot bed. While still overwhelming Trumpsters and therefore defacto De Santis supporters, De Santis' support is dwindling according to her. Fewer Trump flags and signs......and more happy hour rants against De Santis.
That sounds like a dangerous place to believe Trump and De Santis on Covid.

If memory serves me correctly, during the last governor election there, it was a choice between Desantis or a black dude.

I don't know if that's "the" line for them or not but I'm sure it's one of the lines.

Mom began noticing the Left-Right divide on vaccines and masks on her circle of friends. Dad reads. So, he shakes his head over how his adoptive home state is now the butt of jokes.

Mom began noticing the Left-Right divide on vaccines and masks on her circle of friends. Dad reads. So, he shakes his head over how his adoptive home state is now the butt of jokes.
DeSantis will win re-election in a landslide.

Back
Top Bottom