• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis Flies Migrants To Martha's Vinyard

What an idiotic thing to say. They're the one's footing the bill.
But a much less idiotic thing to say than implying transportation costs are somehow more than years' worth of social service support costs for these illegal immigrants. Asserting that, as you do, is truly stupid.

He may just have secured my vote with this maneuver. If you know anything about Martha's Vineyard, there's no other way to look at this other than as an act of pure political poetry.
It's just wonderful.

Agree 1000%. Very few headlines fill me with joy, but this one did.

Way to go Gov.

That's good. They are desperately in need of labor in the Vineyard. Glad to see they are also helping these asylum seekers with a safe place to sleep and good food.

He is making a political point. Just like Abbott and Doocy (AZ) are doing.
And it does not cost him much to do so.
Embarrassing the Biden Administration seems to be a popular sport getting close to the midterms.

Using asylum seekers to make a "political point"? That's pretty cruel.

Maybe the blue states should send all the unwanted babies to Florida and Texas, since they are among the states that wanted to strip women of their right to an abortion. That would make a political point. The hell with the well being of the babies and the fact that they are...human. Just make those points!

It's to spread the burden. They just dropped off 2 bus loads this morning in front of Kamala's house. I couldn't be more thrilled. Maybe Kamala will stop saying the border is secure.
It's inhumane and reading some of the posts here It's clear that it's intentional.

'Pakis' is a pejorative in England. Yes, we also treated the Irish like shit, along with anyone else we felt was a 'threat' to British 'culture'. Fortunately there are enough decent people here to counter those racist and jingoistic morons.

Paki is racist now? Is it racist when I refer to someone British as a "Brit"?

The amount of victim-seeking and fragility is amazing.

The State of Mass confirmed they received NO info before the aircraft landed. If DeDouche actually cared he would have informed Mass in advance so the State could have been prepared to receive these folks.

Serious question, did State of Florida get advanced notice when DHS planes in the middle of the night started dumping people in Florida?

Lol! Is this supposed to be some sick burn?

Those people he relocated to a tourist destination will probably thrive there. where there are tourists there are open positions in the service industry. Something these folks are qualified to do. They’ll have no problem taking these tourists money.
Sounds like a win for everyone.

Reactions: PoS
From the article:

Fox News was given an exclusive, and it showed footage of the migrants arriving in Martha’s Vineyard on its nightly, prime-time show.

“Everyone on the left has a home there. Do you think they are going to be embracing their new neighbors?” Fox News host Jesse Watters said.

"Everyone on the left has a home there"? Who knew. Hey, lefties on this board. Where is your home on the Vineyard?

Good thing Fox was given the exclusive. They need some red meat to chew on since their boy Trump is going down.

The Republicans say they are against sanctuary city but sent those people to sanctuary in a liberal city.

I'm confused.

The funny part is, in all likelihood he INCREASED their chances of being granted asylum...

Data from Syracuse University suggests that the movement from Texas to New York City may be opening an easier pathway to asylum for the migrants, helping them stay in the country longer. New York courts have approved just over 70% of asylum relief or other relief applications since 2001. Houston has denied nearly 88% of asylum-seekers. Dallas has denied over 72% of such applications.

For some time now. You visiting us from 1950?

Ok, so any shortened version of a nationality is racist? Or just PAKIstani?

The funny part is, in all likelihood he INCREASED their chances of being granted asylum...

That's likely true in the short term. I think the theory Abbot and DeSantis are going with is that they need to change the view in these far off insulated locales so that people there think differently. It is easy to be a sanctuary city when you aren't getting inundated like Houston or Dallas.

That's likely true in the short term. I think the theory Abbot and DeSantis are going with is that they need to change the view in these far off insulated locales so that people there think differently. It is easy to be a sanctuary city when you aren't getting inundated like Houston or Dallas.

LMAO... Since I actually live in the Dallas area, I call BS that we are being inundated...

Conservatives are such hypocrites. If they really want to stop immigrants from entering the US, stop businesses from hiring immigrants.

Instead, they're making legislation to stop Americans from getting access to abortions. How about y'all stop applauding nonsense that'll do nothing to stop or lessen immigrants from coming to the US, and instead start pushing your representatives to craft regulations to stop and/or punish businesses from hiring them.

What a dick.

Thankfully there are caring people out there.

No more dickish than the Biden Administration dumping illegal immigrants in his State in the middle of the night. As for Martha’s Vinyard…time will tell. This is just 50 people. Maybe we’ll see how they feel about 15,000 Haitians setting up a shanty town under a bridge.

Conservatives are such hypocrites. If they really want to stop immigrants from entering the US, stop businesses from hiring immigrants.

Instead, they're making legislation to stop Americans from getting access to abortions. How about y'all stop applauding nonsense that'll do nothing to stop or lessen immigrants from coming to the US, and instead start pushing your representatives to craft regulations to stop and/or punish businesses from hiring them.

Remember when Trump was busted for employing illegals at his properties? That was funny.

No more dickish than the Biden Administration dumping illegal immigrants in his State in the middle of the night. As for Martha’s Vinyard…time will tell. This is just 50 people. Maybe we’ll see how they feel about 15,000 Haitians setting up a shanty town under a bridge.
Please cite when Biden dumped immigrants in Florida, please and thank you.

Paki is racist now? Is it racist when I refer to someone British as a "Brit"?

The amount of victim-seeking and fragility is amazing.

Serious question, did State of Florida get advanced notice when DHS planes in the middle of the night started dumping people in Florida?
Two wrongs don't make it right, understand?

Next time DeDouche wants to pull a stunt with Real live people, in some fake ass show of kindness, as YOU claimed, he may want to inform the Governor of Mass.

The residents of Martha Vineyard have opened there hearts and wallets to these folks, and will do the decent thing. Maybe the Florida governor will do the same next time.

Are you suggesting DeSantis transported illegal immigrants across state lines?

Two wrongs don't make it right, understand?

Next time DeDouche wants to pull a stunt with Real live people, in some fake ass show of kindness, as YOU claimed, he may want to inform the Governor of Mass.

The residents of Martha Vineyard have opened there hearts and wallets to these folks, and will do the decent thing. Maybe the Florida governor will do the same next time.

Where did I say this was out of kindness? This was politics. The same way the Democrats enable illegal immigration to buy future voters.

Back
Top Bottom