• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Derek Sloan Booted From the Conservative Party

Lord Tammerlain

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Conservatives have voted to expel Derek Sloan from caucus | CBC News

Conservative MPs today voted to expel Derek Sloan from caucus after the eastern Ontario MP accepted a donation from a notorious white nationalist.

Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole initiated the ouster earlier this week after news emerged that Paul Fromm — whose ties to white supremacist and neo-Nazi causes have long been documented — had contributed $131 to Sloan's leadership campaign.

Sloan fought against the vote, saying he was unaware of the source of the donation because Fromm used his full name, Frederick P. Fromm.

Conservatives voted by secret ballot today, with the majority of MPs voting to remove Sloan from their benches.

I am thinking some more is hiding under the official story, a $131 donation I would think is not enough to boot someone from the party. With Sloan being from the more right leaning side of the party I wonder if he will join with Bernier and pull more votes from the Conservative party in the next election

Conservatives have voted to expel Derek Sloan from caucus | CBC News

I am thinking some more is hiding under the official story, a $131 donation I would think is not enough to boot someone from the party. With Sloan being from the more right leaning side of the party I wonder if he will join with Bernier and pull more votes from the Conservative party in the next election
His comments on Dr Tam were despicable
Same as his comments on banning conversion therapy for under 18
Sloan and his sort have no place in the Conservative Party

There is way more to this story than we are hearing but as long as he is ousted then good. He can be off to his hateful corner with Bernier. It's good to have them all in the same room.

Back
Top Bottom