• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Derecho with 100 mph winds moves across the Midwest, bringing down trees and power lines in Chicago

I can't even imagine. We briefly had 60mph winds and I thought the roof was going to fly off. Trees fell down.

There's a place on the cliffs north of San Francisco that gets constant 100 mph winds. Crazy intense. You have to lean forward to stay upright. The trees were literally growing sideways.

Hope all are safe and taken proper precautions and preparations before it's too late

Take precautions? It's gone! Came through mid afternoon ...

I hope that is true for everyone in its path. We just turned on the news, sorry.

It rolled right over the top of us in Des Moines. We got lucky, trees and power lines down all over the neighborhood but we were ok. Went to the marina and our boat weathered it well...good girl! But the sailboats for sale on the hard as we were driving in were no longer on the hard and the 300 and 400 docks sort of merged into one. That hit quickly!

Back
Top Bottom