• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Deputy suspended for bringing skittles and tea to work.

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This shows just how out control this crap has gotten. I can see it now, the next time a Republican is seen drinking a tinnie of ice tea, the Libbos are going to start screaming that drinking ice tea in public is racist.
On Thursday, the Brevard County Sheriff’s Department suspended Corporal Chris Wood for bringing a can of Arizona Ice Tea and a bag of Skittles to work at the Brevard County Jail on Saturday morning.
Sheriff's Deputy Suspended, Given Sensitivity Training for Bringing Skittles, Iced Tea to Work

This shows just how out control this crap has gotten. I can see it now, the next time a Republican is seen drinking a tinnie of ice tea, the Libbos are going to start screaming that drinking ice tea in public is racist.

How is this those dirty "libbos" fault?

If you have to ask, then it obviously a waste of time to explain it to you, because you will never get it.

I have to ask, too. What the hell are you talking about? You see nothing wrong with his doing that? The guy's a complete moron. Sensitivity classes and a prescription for dumb in his future.

If you have to ask, then it obviously a waste of time to explain it to you, because you will never get it.

If you could simply explain that would be nice...

I have to ask, too. What the hell are you talking about? You see nothing wrong with his doing that? The guy's a complete moron. Sensitivity classes and a prescription for dumb in his future.

Of course there's nothing wrong with it! OMG! Skittles are a symbol of racism, now?!? Gimme a break!

The dude specifically did it to make a point. His point-making was not appreciated and he will be wrist-slapped accordingly.

If you don't want your wrist slapped, don't use the workplace to try to teach others a lesson.

The dude specifically did it to make a point. His point-making was not appreciated and he will be wrist-slapped accordingly.

If you don't want your wrist slapped, don't use the workplace to try to teach others a lesson.

This is nothing more than another example of political correctness run amuck.

This is nothing more than another example of political correctness run amuck.

No, if it had run amok he would've been fired or otherwise disgraced. He's getting his wrist slapped, which is exactly what he deserved for his unprofessional behavior.

Law enforcement officers should not be in the business of mocking dead teens. Period. If you can't understand the potential ramifications in the form of diminished public trust and respect, you shouldn't be in law enforcement.

Skittles aren't racist.

Of course there's nothing wrong with it! OMG! Skittles are a symbol of racism, now?!? Gimme a break!

No, the real problem is that your statement can't be explained.

Back
Top Bottom