• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deprivation - all for nothing!

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I, out of a perceived "respect" for my husband's psyche - don't own any movies, albums or videos of entertainers/actors that I actually *really* like (like - fanatic infatuation like).

Thus - I've been depriving myself of Henry Rollins and Sean Connery's good graces for YEARS.

And today my husband made a joke about "how much you like Brad Pitt, you got all his movies" :shock: Ok, I own *several* - but that's not because *ZOMG! It's Brad's ass!* - they just stuck him in some of the greatest movies: Interview with the Vampire, Fight Club, Mr and Mrs Smith. . . etc.

so all that deprivation was for nothing. . . by avoiding those I truly admire I gave the idea that I was already owning imagery of the infatuation-nature, anyway.

I could have had Henry's spoken word - all of them - shuffled in with my beloved George Carlin and Ralphie May and my husband wouldn't have thought of it.

:doh

I guess everyone thinks differently.

I, out of a perceived "respect" for my husband's psyche - don't own any movies, albums or videos of entertainers/actors that I actually *really* like (like - fanatic infatuation like).

Thus - I've been depriving myself of Henry Rollins and Sean Connery's good graces for YEARS.

And today my husband made a joke about "how much you like Brad Pitt, you got all his movies" :shock: Ok, I own *several* - but that's not because *ZOMG! It's Brad's ass!* - they just stuck him in some of the greatest movies: Interview with the Vampire, Fight Club, Mr and Mrs Smith. . . etc.

so all that deprivation was for nothing. . . by avoiding those I truly admire I gave the idea that I was already owning imagery of the infatuation-nature, anyway.

I could have had Henry's spoken word - all of them - shuffled in with my beloved George Carlin and Ralphie May and my husband wouldn't have thought of it.

You seriously don't own movies with actors in them that you find attractive because your hubby is that damn insecure? Seriously? :shock:

You seriously don't own movies with actors in them that you find attractive because your hubby is that damn insecure? Seriously? :shock:

No - it's not *him*
It's me.

He obviously doesn't give a **** if I have movies with actors that I *like* in them - I just assumed he would and I assumed it was rude or impolite for me to own them. :shrug: So I didn't own any.
He's been thinking "she digs Brad Pitt" for going on 8 years now, apparently, and just now made a light joke about it. . . so obviously he couldn't care *less* and I'm just being nutsy over it.

I'm reading between lines that aren't even there.

No - it's not *him*
It's me.

He obviously doesn't give a **** if I have movies with actors that I *like* in them - I just assumed he would and I assumed it was rude or impolite for me to own them. :shrug: So I didn't own any.
He's been thinking "she digs Brad Pitt" for going on 8 years now, apparently, and just now made a light joke about it. . . so obviously he couldn't care *less* and I'm just being nutsy over it.

I'm reading between lines that aren't even there.

ROFL I see. You know what they say about assuming.... ;)

LOL - I could have collected ALL of Henry's stuff and my husband wouldn't have given a ****!

I suppose some men might get jealous, but I don't think most of us are that twitchy.

There was this girlfriend I had some years ago who, for some reason, really liked to watch "professional" wrestling on cable, RAW in particular. It was odd, since she was a business manager with kind of an "uptown" persona... it didn't seem to fit.

One night, while we're sitting there watching this, um, stuff, I asked her what the appeal was. "I like watching half-naked men wrestle," she replied, "it gets me excited." She gave me an appraising look and continued with a question: "Does that make you jealous?"

Without missing a beat, I said "Nope. If you want to sit there checking out The Rock's ass and getting sweaty and short of breath, that's fine with me... because The Rock ain't here... but I am." :mrgreen:

I have all of Rollins's spoken word, and all of his books (at least, up until about '95; I don't know if he did more stuff after that; I kind of got over him).
I like Jello Biafra's spoken word stuff better, though.

Back
Top Bottom