• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Department of Homeland Security Sets Up ‘Disinformation Governance Board’ to Fight ‘Misinformation’

The times reported on it, what are you talking about? Can you tell me one person who was censored, deplatformed, or suffered in any way because they were outspoken about the hunter Biden laptop story? Do not include anybody who had their house searched because they engaged in alleged crimes related to the story I am talking about merely speaking the facts - which aren’t all clear yet. But I do love the email from Tucker Carlson thanking his good buddy Hunter for writing his son a college recommendation letter it was very sad that fox chose not to report that story
Don't be silly. We are talking about the reporting on it before the presidential election and immediately after. The story was quashed by the main stream media.

See we do not agree on what the "FACTS" are. Facts are what gets written in the history books and who gets to write the books. The truth panel is a truly horrible idea that the left would be shouting down if Trump was the president putting it forward with his cronies in charge of the truth.

The GOP did do this Fox News has been an outlet for their messaging for the last seven years have you not read the Meadows texts? It’s all deflection and projection and tomorrow is the day the story comes out so we are going to see one hell of an attempt to get us talking about irrelevant crap today

Don't be silly. We are talking about the reporting on it before the presidential election and immediately after. The story was quashed by the main stream media.
Sure you can say that but I actually read about it in the main stream media so it doesn’t work on me you’re gonna have to sell that one to people who don’t read the news. Deflection and projection Trump ordered democracy overturned. The insurrection is all on his hands 2024 is going to be the exact same and the GOP has been revving up to spread these lies and have them nice and polished for this moment that they so desperately need them

The agenda for today is Hunter Biden, free speech, and the border. It’s not really an opinion because you can read that that was the plan if anybody would like to check out the Mark Meadows text right now it’s a great time because tomorrow you get the full story

And the Democrats will surely abolish Christianity and religious holidays and religious freedom and they’ll have death panels and James O’Keefe exposed acorn. No one on this board has been wrong more times than you I would imagine you would have some humility at this point yeah you have simply morphed into an unrecognizable version of yourself or a projection of what you think you are supposed to act like on the Internet
Really?

I don't suppose you would care to substantiate that?

That aside, what I said stands... The democrats will create this communist, anti-free speech "ministry of truth" and mark my words, when republicans gain control of DC again (which won't be long) they will abolish it instead of use it as a tool to suppress the free speech of those on the left.

I will say this though... I'm glad you all are finally showing your true colors. I didn't think I'd live to see the day when you all finally admitted publicly who you really are, and what you really believe in. Now that you have, we'll see how that works out for you at the midterms 6 months from now, and how it works out for you in 2024, 2026, 2028 and the foreseeable future. Of course let's not forget about how this is going to play out in state legislators and governors races across the country. I suspect Virginia and New Jersey was just a preview of what's to come for your side.

Have a wonderful day... I know I will... LMMFAO

Yes, why wouldn’t I want the government to counter Russian disinformation? Or are we talking past one another in this thread? Can someone outline a- what is proposed? And 2- why that is objectionable?

What is the governments inability to do it without such a board?
Moreover, what are the technical skills of this board to make such a determination? The Biden people-- including the person tapped to run this board-- already have a track record of not properly identifying Russian misinformation.

The objection is that this is all political with the stamp of objectivity placed upon it.
So say if the Biden admin wishes to stop the 'misinformation' that the border is open, they can act as if the border is closed (the deal with Mexico and central americans countries that the Trump admin had negotiated and tfrom which the biden admin unilaterally withdrew) and perhaps not fly illegal aliens hither and yon in the country might be a more effective way to dealing with that problem.

True. Tempest, meet Teapot. Teapot, say hello to Tempest.

What am I missing? President Trump had press secretaries charged with getting his message out and presumably correcting misinformation. So does President Biden. So have presidents as far back as I remember. The Voice of America did that, and may still be doing it. What is new, different, and worrisome here?
Nothing. The idea behind the Disinformation Governance Board’s mission of correcting/countering dis/misinformation makes sense, logically. Unfortunately, no matter how unbiased and irrefutably true the Board’s announcements may be, large numbers of anonymous internet pundits will find bias and dishonesty.

In the end, the DGB will likely make no difference at all, or worse, add to the confusion problem for many Americans simply looking for truths/facts.

So is this "information board" going to counter this misinformation of the current Presidents and their administration, or simply counter certain political sides?
Huh? How is this different from Voice of America, the White House press office, having a press secretary, etc. What in your opinion would be an acceptable was for the administration to get its message out and counter e.g., Russian misinformation?

Huh? How is this different from Voice of America, the White House press office, having a press secretary, etc. What in your opinion would be an acceptable was for the administration to get its message out and counter e.g., Russian misinformation?

How has it been doing it all this time without the need for a misinformation board to do it?

Yes we can verify facts about a media cover up on the Hunter Biden laptop. We can verify many things that you lefties would have said were not facts last year that are facts now. Your corrupt idea that the left knows what are facts and the right does not is fool hardy.
I read a lot about the laptop from both sides and the important part, evidence if Joe was on the take while VP, is still lacking. The MSM couldn't verify if the emails were really Hunter's, so they wouldn't publish it. It was real shaky, the timing, that Rudy was hawking it just prior to the election, and reports that he got the contents from the Russian black market. However, I still heard all about it, so the story wasn't covered up very well, was it?

Yes we can verify facts about a media cover up on the Hunter Biden laptop. We can verify many things that you lefties would have said were not facts last year that are facts now. Your corrupt idea that the left knows what are facts and the right does not is fool hardy.
I don't consider myself a leftie. Not being a rightwing propaganda gobbler doesn't make me a leftie.

I don't consider myself a leftie. Not being a rightwing propaganda gobbler doesn't make me a leftie.
Did you vote for Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama and Joe Biden?

Did you vote for Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama and Joe Biden?
Some of them, but twice it was to stop Trump, not the platform. No one has a magical platform that gets everything right, in my opinion.

Some of them, but twice it was to stop Trump, not the platform. No one has a magical platform that gets everything right, in my opinion.
So you voted for some Republicans for president?

So you voted for some Republicans for president?
I have and I do, and sometimes I vote for a spoiler. That's tne truth, and enough about me. It adds nothing to the topic, which is this government thing.

I have and I do, and sometimes I vote for a spoiler. That's tne truth, and enough about me. It adds nothing to the topic, which is this government thing.
one more question. What Republicans did you vote for, for President?

So you voted in a republican primary to spoil but not in the general for a republican candidate. Then you are a lefty.

Back
Top Bottom