• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Department of Homeland Security Sets Up ‘Disinformation Governance Board’ to Fight ‘Misinformation’

People in our intelligence community purposely lied and falsified documents to undermine the legitimacy of a sitting president and the only thing that was done about it was to fire a few people. There is no coming back back from that abuse. All trust has been lost in the integrity of those institutions.

Oh, remember weapons of mass destruction by Saddam? Or Hunter's Laptop doesn't exsist and is just Russian disinformation?

Oh, remember weapons of mass destruction by Saddam? Or Hunter's Laptop doesn't exsist and is just Russian disinformation?
Yup plus a lot of other things and these are the people who think they can disseminate what is and is not disinformation.

Even if they can they are so corrupt on both sides that no sane person should trust them.

If it was a hoax, why did the IRS apologize for it!?!

That's why we need press, because you'd know but you didn't read the story!

In late September 2017, an exhaustive report by the Treasury Department's inspector general found that from 2004 to 2013, the IRS used both conservative and liberal keywords to choose targets for further scrutiny, blunting claims that the issue had been an Obama-era partisan scandal.[1][2] The 115-page report confirmed the findings of the prior 2013 report that some conservative organizations had been unfairly targeted, but also found that the pattern of misconduct had been ongoing since 2004 and was non-partisan in nature.

In reaction, Democratic Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee, stated "After years of baseless claims and false accusations it is my hope Republicans will finally put an end to this witch hunt and admit that their attacks on the I.R.S. were nothing but political grandstanding on behalf of special interests at the expense of American taxpayers." In contrast, the Republican chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Kevin Brady of Texas, responded by saying that "this report reinforces what government watchdogs and congressional investigators have confirmed time and time again: Bureaucrats at the I.R.S., such as Lois Lerner, arbitrarily and haphazardly administered the tax code and targeted taxpayers based on political ideology."[1] Regardless of reaction, the release of the report brought to an end the last formal governmental investigation into the IRS practice.

That's why we need press, because you'd know but you didn't read the story!

The consent order says the IRS admits it wrongly used "heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays" and demanded unnecessary information as it reviewed applications for tax-exempt status. The order says, "For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology."

Besides, that's not really the point. Things like that happen on both sides and you throwing out examples just to prove just conservatives do it, is nonsense.

Yup plus a lot of other things and these are the people who think they can disseminate what is and is not disinformation.

Even if they can they are so corrupt on both sides that no sane person should trust them.

You have been lied to, the GOP is weaponizing ignorance like in oho!

She said as party chair she recruited 300 Republican attorneys and poll observers to “watch what Democrats were doing” during the election and “that’s how I delivered Ohio for President Trump.”

Biden bested Trump by more than 7 million votes nationally, won the Electoral College vote and his win was certified by Congress hours after the violent assault on Congress and the police defending it by Trump supporters on Jan. 6, 2021. Multiple investigations, audits and court decisions found no evidence that Joe Biden was not legitimately elected president.

Debate moderator Karen Kasler, bureau chief of the Statehouse News Bureau, repeatedly said statements made by the six candidates, including Gibbons’ contention that voter turnout exceeded the number of registered voters, had been fact-checked and repeatedly debunked.

State Sen. Matt Dolan, R-Chagrin Falls, was the only one of the seven who does not believe the election was stolen.

“Joe Biden is the legitimate president of the United States,” Dolan said “My problem is that he is a failed president.”

You have been lied to, the GOP is weaponizing ignorance like in oho!
What makes you think I would trust either party running this new board and what does the 2020 election results have to do with this new board?

People have their reasons for not trusting the results whether you agree with those reasons or not. Forming a new board to tell them otherwise isn't going to change anyone's opinions because like it or not, our gov institutions have destroyed their credibility with the public by being caught in multiple lies. Big lies at that. Not only have they been caught but there has been no reprecussions. That's the reality.

What makes you think I would trust either party running this new board and what does the 2020 election results have to do with this new board?

People have their reasons for not trusting the results whether you agree with those reasons or not. Forming a new board to tell them otherwise isn't going to change anyone's opinions because like it or not, our gov institutions have destroyed their credibility with the public by being caught in multiple lies. Big lies at that. Not only have they been caught but there has been no reprecussions. That's the reality.

Voter information was illegally seized in 8 states. 8. By Republicans. 8 GOP members, 8 states. It's all in the open, you trust the GOP with your life if you vote for them, they are ending our electoral process.

Chasing proof of vote-rigging conspiracy theories, Republican officials and activists in eight U.S. locales have plotted to gain illegal access to balloting systems, undermining the security of elections they claim to protect.

Voter information was illegally seized in 8 states. 8. By Republicans. 8 GOP members, 8 states. It's all in the open, you trust the GOP with your life if you vote for them, they are ending our electoral process.

Chasing proof of vote-rigging conspiracy theories, Republican officials and activists in eight U.S. locales have plotted to gain illegal access to balloting systems, undermining the security of elections they claim to protect.
What does any of this have to do with this new board?

View attachment 67387833

No, that's not the Babylon Bee, she really wrote that the purpose of her new Ministry of Truth is to protect free speech.

I've been saying for years on here that the liberal are the true fascists.

Throwing out anadodal evidence does not speak to all Republcans or to your argument.
See, I can do that too:
How about the Obama administration weaponizing the IRS against Conservative organizations as far as the IRS even apologizing for it? Or Obamas targeting the "Free Press"?
1651400050204.png

My goodness!

All this palaver, and we've yet to see anything that the newly-created board has done, or how it goes about doing it.

As Sgt. Joe Friday would have cautioned, "Just the facts."

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Here's the difference between the 2 parties... The democrats will establish this anti-free speech "ministry of truth" and when republicans take over control of the government, instead of using it to punish those they disagree with like the democrats will surely do, republicans will abolish it.

What does any of this have to do with this new board?
My first post in this thread states that I believe this board was formed as a piss poor way to combat the Republican effort to steal the 2024 election. The correct way to combat it is to run constitutional centrist as Republican candidates and have all Democrats register as Republicans for the primary. Virtually no Republicans vote for a candidate who has rational views or viewpoints that they share. It is tribalism and own the Libs. 8 states have ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES Who stole voter information and there is a one and seven chance that you live in one of those states. Only the GOP did this it has never been done by a Democrat. You need a whole lot of miss information about the border and culture wars and transgender athletes and grooming children and the Clinton crime family to distract people from that. Maybe they’re just trying to remind people that the GOP talked about ivermectin and the Covid vaccines secretly killing people for a year and a half. Nobody cares the Libs got totally owned by the ant-vaxxers. Owned by the swift boat veterans. Free speech is free. Nobody’s going to shut down the Internet. This is just another opportunity the Democrats are giving for the GOP to spin a totally pointless and irrelevant task force into a scandal to distract us from things like the McCarthy texts in which he says “nobody can and nobody should defend what Trump did because it is indefensible and he should have resigned.” Paraphrased he said “i would tell him it (impeachment) will pass and he should resign.” On tape. Then he lied about it and I’m guessing approximately 2% of the American public knows that this exists

Here's the difference between the 2 parties... The democrats will establish this anti-free speech "ministry of truth" and when republicans take over control of the government, instead of using it to punish those they disagree with like the democrats will surely do, republicans will abolish it.

I don't hear much outcry against it coming from the Republicans which makes me wary.

And the Democrats will surely abolish Christianity and religious holidays and religious freedom and they’ll have death panels and James O’Keefe exposed acorn. No one on this board has been wrong more times than you I would imagine you would have some humility at this point yeah you have simply morphed into an unrecognizable version of yourself or a projection of what you think you are supposed to act like on the Internet

I don't hear much outcry against it coming from the Republicans which makes me wary.
They’re shouting whatever they have to so that you don’t accidentally read they’re openly planning to forcibly take elections away from the people. I have to say that I’m feeling a bit wary from that

Facts can be verified.

I see both sides. I see a distressing amount of people expressing belief in tales that cannot be verified and have been disproven. If the left is slinging around a bunch of lies, stop them, too, but it shouldn't be a partisan game.
Yes we can verify facts about a media cover up on the Hunter Biden laptop. We can verify many things that you lefties would have said were not facts last year that are facts now. Your corrupt idea that the left knows what are facts and the right does not is fool hardy.

If you watched or read any news at the time the dossier came out you would have seen that the information was never given validity and has always been in question and always neither proven or disproven. The same outlets that vetted the information were called the enemy of the people by the president that I presume you are stumping for. Shall we abolish the entities which fact check or shall we elect the people who spread the misinformation - because the GOP is currently spreading misinformation. what happened to your ivermectin by the way
The Hunter laptop story was quashed. Very little reporting and what was reported was slanted then quickly tucked away.

Yes we can verify facts about a media cover up on the Hunter Biden laptop. We can verify many things that you lefties would have said were not facts last year that are facts now. Your corrupt idea that the left knows what are facts and the right does not is fool hardy.
Which 8 states had gop representatives steal voter information? Which Fox News host coordinated with Mark Meadows on messaging temperature a January 6 is a peaceful protest?

Benghazi, Hillary’s emails, Russia and hunter’s laptop. Do you think that if those things were such a big deal Republicans would be pretty outraged by the documents that Trump stole and brought to Mar-a-Lago which was a direct violation of the exact same law that Hillary Clinton broke. How about we agree to send Hillary, Trump, and Hunter to jail? Then will the gop agree to debate?

The Hunter laptop story was quashed. Very little reporting and what was reported was slanted then quickly tucked away.
The times reported on it, what are you talking about? Can you tell me one person who was censored, deplatformed, or suffered in any way because they were outspoken about the hunter Biden laptop story? Do not include anybody who had their house searched because they engaged in alleged crimes related to the story I am talking about merely speaking the facts - which aren’t all clear yet. But I do love the email from Tucker Carlson thanking his good buddy Hunter for writing his son a college recommendation letter it was very sad that fox chose not to report that story

View attachment 67387833

No, that's not the Babylon Bee, she really wrote that the purpose of her new Ministry of Truth is to protect free speech.
When the government sets up something like this, it reeks of censorship. It reminds me of John Adams and his aliens and sedition acts. If not immediately, what this board of disinformation will do is sanctions the party in charge political propaganda as the truth and the party out of power political propaganda as misinformation or false. This board certainly isn’t about protecting a citizen’s free speech, political speech, privacy, civil rights and liberty. It is exactly the opposite. It's all about controlling political opposition thought, speech etc.

This board of misinformation is more of a danger to our democracy than 1-6 attempt to overthrow an election. 1-6 pales to this. Do we really want our government declaring what is true and what is false which will lead to government forced shutdown of opposing political ideas and expression?

If the Democrats go through with this, they better hope they remain in power for eternity. The other party if it gains power and control over this board, certainly will mark anything said by Democrats as misinformation, lies, untruths and soon may even prohibit them from speaking or expressing their political ideas, agenda and thoughts.

Very bad idea. This board should scare the Hades out of every American. If it doesn’t, it show those who are in favor as only wanting their political propaganda heard, no one elses.

Which 8 states had gop representatives steal voter information? Which Fox News host coordinated with Mark Meadows on messaging temperature a January 6 is a peaceful protest?

Benghazi, Hillary’s emails, Russia and hunter’s laptop. Do you think that if those things were such a big deal Republicans would be pretty outraged by the documents that Trump stole and brought to Mar-a-Lago which was a direct violation of the exact same law that Hillary Clinton broke. How about we agree to send Hillary, Trump, and Hunter to jail? Then will the gop agree to debate?
See we do not agree on what the "FACTS" are. Facts are what gets written in the history books and who gets to write the books. The truth panel is a truly horrible idea that the left would be shouting down if Trump was the president putting it forward with his cronies in charge of the truth.

Back
Top Bottom