• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dennis Rodman Returns to North Korea.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Rodman returns to Pyongyang but says won't bring back jailed American.....

2013-09-03T063025Z_1_CBRE9820I2Y00_RTROPTP_2_KOREA-NORTH-RODMAN.JPG

Flamboyant former basketball star Dennis Rodman left for North Korea on Tuesday for a five-day visit, his second this year, but said he had no plans to negotiate the release of a jailed American missionary.

Rodman's latest trip is being sponsored by Irish bookmaker Paddy Power.

"I'm just trying to go over there to meet my friend Kim, the Marshal," Rodman said. "Try to start a basketball league over there, something like that."

North Korea cancelled a visit by Robert King, U.S. special envoy on North Korean human rights issues, to Pyongyang last week on what the U.S. State Department said was a "humanitarian mission" to negotiate the release of Bae.

He called Kim, 30, who rules unchallenged in a country where there are an estimated 150,000-200,000 prisoners in work camps, "an awesome kid"......snip~

Rodman returns to Pyongyang but says won't bring back jailed American

Rodman has returned to North Korea like he said.....says he is going to see an Ole friend. Try and get a basketball league going in N. Korea. He isn't going to try and talk Kim into releasing Bae. Thoughts upon the matter?

Rodman reveals name of NKorean leader's daughter.....

94e6a5702d6cab1e3c0f6a70670094b3.jpg

Retired NBA star Dennis Rodman has revealed the name of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's baby daughter and says he is planning a big announcement following his Pyongyang trip.

On Sunday, Rodman told the British newspaper the Guardian that he and Kim had a "relaxing time by the sea" with the leader's family and discussed holding a historic friendship basketball game between the U.S. and North Korea.

Rodman said he held Kim's baby, named Ju Ae, and spoke with his wife Ri Sol Ju. He also alluded to another visit in December.

Rodman said on Twitter that he'll make a big announcement on Monday, without elaborating.

The Guardian report said Rodman plans to organize a basketball game between U.S. and Korean teams and details on the match are expected on Monday.

"Kim is a great guy, he loves basketball, and he's interested in building trust and understanding through sport and cultural exchanges," Rodman was quoted as saying.....snip~

Rodman reveals name of NKorean leader's daughter

Looks like Lil Kim will agree to setting up some basketball league.....and that he is the father of a baby girl. Can it be? N. Korea's next Chosen Leader will be a Woman. :shock:

Now that could end up changing a whole lot with N. Korea.....huh?

Rodman has returned to North Korea like he said.....says he is going to see an Ole friend. Try and get a basketball league going in N. Korea. He isn't going to try and talk Kim into releasing Bae. Thoughts upon the matter?

The 2013 version of Jane Fonda.

The 2013 version of Jane Fonda.

Mornin TNE. :2wave: Yeah and I see he is going to go back in December now.....still What do you think about Kim Jong Un now having a Daughter that is in line for the Throne?

A more lucid and thoughtful individual than John Kerry or Hillary Clinton. Maybe a possibility if Kerry retires to his yacht after the Syria fiasco?

Mornin TNE. :2wave: Yeah and I see he is going to go back in December now.....still What do you think about Kim Jong Un now having a Daughter that is in line for the Throne?

To be honest, I don't really care. They don't have to worry about any "transition" I think for another 25-30 years in the family so there is plenty of time for more kids and most importantly more sons. I don't know if I even see North Korea being around in 25-30 years. Each decade there requires more and more "aid" and I think that aid has already peaked.

Bottom line, Rodman is scum for vacationing in a country that has killed and starved millions of its own people and rubbing elbows with a tyrant.

A more lucid and thoughtful individual than John Kerry or Hillary Clinton. Maybe a possibility if Kerry retires to his yacht after the Syria fiasco?

Oh Kerry wont retire.....he will run for his Senate seat again. Which those in MasterChooseIts will vote the putz Right back in again.

To be honest, I don't really care. They don't have to worry about any "transition" I think for another 25-30 years in the family so there is plenty of time for more kids and most importantly more sons. I don't know if I even see North Korea being around in 25-30 years. Each decade there requires more and more "aid" and I think that aid has already peaked.

Bottom line, Rodman is scum for vacationing in a country that has killed and starved millions of its own people and rubbing elbows with a tyrant.

Well if he doesn't have anymore kids.....then she would be the One. 25-30yrs and she could be sitting Prime. Just like her daddy was. That definitely puts a wrinkle in those N. Koreans game. Could even end up being the one that Unites Korea whole again.

Could even end up being the one that Unites Korea whole again.

Not sure why you would think that. Un was raised by his daddy and is just as stubborn and power hungry as his dad and Grandpa was. I don't see why his daughter would be any different if placed in authority.

Not sure why you would think that. Un was raised by his daddy and is just as stubborn and power hungry as his dad and Grandpa was. I don't see why his daughter would be any different if placed in authority.

Yeah, but Un went to School in the West.....his dad didn't. Plus Un has had difficulty with the hardliners himself.

I would based that on how women are treated in the North. So I think having a woman that was the Power and figurehead would change much of that up.

Optimistic mebbe.....be nice to see that problem solve itself out, all without our involvement.

Back
Top Bottom