• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Denmark under al-Qaida terror

S

sandman

I thing that we had respect the other holy believed before we asked from the other respect our holy believed ,but Denmark freedom of the press did not do that with Moslems holy believed ,it refuse asked the forgiveness about what it done ,all what it do asking from Moslems respect it holy freedom of the press

So Moslem make economic boycott against Denmark goods and strong advertising attack against what Denmark do.

this is not the end of the story as I thing what Denmark primer give Islamic terror organization more than one reason to do terror action one of that reason is to be more popularity and al-Qaida one of that organization ,

but no one know when , where or how it well do it action some forecast few day because the feeling is to hot and this give it more popularity ,so Denmark must be more wakeup, and it must understand that it craze forget the many malisons of dollar the Denmark companies in advertising for its productions in the past years

sandman said:
I
So Moslem make economic boycott against Denmark goods and strong advertising attack against what Denmark do.

Freedom to boycott/protest is fine with me regardless of the reasons behind it.

Freedom to kill someone over a cartoon and destroy property is another thing entirely.
I do not respect that at all.

Cartoon violence kills

Consulate destroyed

Embassies torched in cartoon fury

It should be noted that Syrian officials denounced the violence in Damascus and called on protesters to exercise self-restraint, Syrian TV executive Nidal Kabalan told CNN.

I applaud the Syrian officials for doing the right thing in this one case at least.
The Vatican got its butt scrapped while riding the fence on this one:/

The entire planet is under attack from radical Islamic terrorists.

Whats happeneing over this cartoon is a good thing, in that, hopefully more people will wake up and see what Islam is all about.

The next time you hear the term "peaceful Islam" just stop for a moment, and take a look at how they are reacting to a stupid cartoon.

Its not just a "few" radicals folks......its much, much more than that.

ProudAmerican said:
The entire planet is under attack from radical Islamic terrorists.

Whats happeneing over this cartoon is a good thing, in that, hopefully more people will wake up and see what Islam is all about.

The next time you hear the term "peaceful Islam" just stop for a moment, and take a look at how they are reacting to a stupid cartoon.

Its not just a "few" radicals folks......its much, much more than that.

This isn’t a bloody Islam thing, its religions fault. The Danish newspaper that started this refused to print similar cartoons of Jesus. Furthermore the small newspaper that brought Norway in to this -which I newer heard of before - argued for the resurrection of an old Norwegian blasphemy law – in correlation with an theatre play were god was portrayed as a smoking black man.

Ban religion!

I'm not being sarcastic. Just thing of all the problems that it will solve!

Don't think it'll catch on though - some people just won't listen:lol:

Mancunian said:
Ban religion!

I'm not being sarcastic. Just thing of all the problems that it will solve!

Don't think it'll catch on though - some people just won't listen:lol:

people should be alowed to keep their religions, just without the notion than their belifs warants others to make special considerations....

The same paper is going to publish some cartoons making fun of the holocaust.

let me know how many jews riot in the streets killing and terrorizing.

when Kenyey West (forgive the spelling attempt) depicted himself as Jesus on the cover of rolling stone, how many people were terrorized by Christians?

it most certainly is an Islam thing.

Herophant said:
This isn’t a bloody Islam thing, its religions fault. The Danish newspaper that started this refused to print similar cartoons of Jesus. Furthermore the small newspaper that brought Norway in to this -which I newer heard of before - argued for the resurrection of an old Norwegian blasphemy law – in correlation with an theatre play were god was portrayed as a smoking black man.

Do you have other examples of similar situations with other religous icons.????????????????????????????????? I can't think of any other religion that has gone the destroy kil route in these cases... Only one, so it would seem to defenitly be a Islam thing and not just a religious thing

From the sameCNN piece cited earlier:

Islamic law bans any depiction of the prophet, and Muslims consider likenesses of Mohammed blasphemous.

From Amir Taheri in the WSJ:
There is no Quranic injunction against images, whether of Muhammad or anyone else...the claim that a ban on images is "an absolute principle of Islam" is purely political.

Taheri also points out that the "rage machine" was set in motion when the Muslim Brotherhood -- a political, not a religious, organization -- called on sympathizers in the ME and Europe to take the field:

A fatwa was issued by Yussuf al-Qaradawi, a Brotherhood sheikh with his own program on al-Jazeera. Not to be left behind, the Brotherhood's rivals, Hizb al-Tahrir al-Islami (Islamic Liberation Party) and the Movement of the Exiles (Ghuraba), joined the fray. Believing that there might be something in it for themselves, the Syrian Baathist leaders abandoned their party's 60-year-old secular pretensions and organized attacks on the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Damascus and Beirut.

A Washington Times editorial makes a couple of good points, it said, in part:
The spontaneous appearance over the past few days of dozens of Danish flags ready for the burning raises further questions about where the flags came from.

A lot of this "spontaneity" was clearly staged. The cartoons gained a wider audience when radical Danish clerics toured the Middle East last month, showing the offending cartoons to the heads of several of the major Islamist groups in the region. Just in case the originals weren't offensive enough, the clerics also supplied a few of their own cartoons, ever more inflammatory, and said they sprang from the pens of the infidels. One of the clerics, Ahmed Abdel Rahman Abu Ladan, explained in an interview that the tour was meant to "internationalize this issue." The clerics told their hosts that Muslims do not have the right to build mosques in Denmark, and repeated other ridiculous lies to foment discord and ridicule the Danish government.

The radical clerics in Denmark have succeeded, a fact pundits and analysts on both sides have largely missed. The focus has been on the assault on freedom of expression in the name of religious tolerance, as it should be, but that was not what Abu Ladan and his travelers had in mind when they toured the Middle East. They wanted to create a groundswell of discontent among Muslims in Europe, put pressure on Denmark -- and other nations -- to abide by sharia law and to build a sympathetic base for further terrorist attacks. The placards of British Muslims, demanding more "7/7s," a reference to the London subway bombings on July 7, went straight to the point of the clerics' Middle East tour. This was an exercise in agitprop to further the goals of Islamofascism, and it worked.

The Arab world understands Europe’s weaknesses far better than the other way around. Criticism of Islamism is usually described by Muslim spokesmen as "racist" as if religious ideology was a biological given. Even more important, they have learned how to game Western liberalism. When Muslim spokesmen deny the Holocaust, they defend themselves on the grounds that they are only exercising their free speech rights. When they insist that images offensive to Muslims should be barred, they drop the free speech bit and argue on the grounds of multi-cultural sensitivity.

In his book The West's Last Chance, Washingon Times editorial writer Tony Blankly gets it right when he suggests that 'of the causes of offense, there is no end. Moreover, those who call for understanding and sensitivity in response to the reaction that has been fabricated around the world do not understand what is happening.'

Calm2Chaos said:
Do you have other examples of similar situations with other religous icons.????????????????????????????????? I can't think of any other religion that has gone the destroy kil route in these cases... Only one, so it would seem to defenitly be a Islam thing and not just a religious thing

Well it’s all a question of these days. If we want to look at a religion we can’t confine our investigation to a limited period. Christians have done terrible acts in the name of their god; the Crusades, the inquisition, the justification of colonisation and more. Remember than once Islam was a voice of toleration in comparison with Christianity. The notion that “today” Christianity is somehow better may be true, but that has nothing to do with religion. The western world has a truly wonderful thing called secularisation, were the idea that others might not burn in hell for not sharing your views exist… I claim that that is a basis for increasing respect in a secular community.

Christians complain about their values being desecrated all the time, the explanation for them not using violence in the same extent that their Muslim counterparts is less religion not more….

Still violence on homosexuals and pro-choice people persists. What logical reason is there to kill a man that loves another man? The despicable book of crimes that is the bible sadly still infects people minds as of today…

Herophant said:
Well it’s all a question of these days. If we want to look at a religion we can’t confine our investigation to a limited period. Christians have done terrible acts in the name of their god; the Crusades, the inquisition, the justification of colonisation and more. Remember than once Islam was a voice of toleration in comparison with Christianity. The notion that “today” Christianity is somehow better may be true, but that has nothing to do with religion. The western world has a truly wonderful thing called secularisation, were the idea that others might not burn in hell for not sharing your views exist… I claim that that is a basis for increasing respect in a secular community.

Christians complain about their values being desecrated all the time, the explanation for them not using violence in the same extent that their Muslim counterparts is less religion not more….

Still violence on homosexuals and pro-choice people persists. What logical reason is there to kill a man that loves another man? The despicable book of crimes that is the bible sadly still infects people minds as of today…
The difference here is that you are describing the violence the Christians did hundreds of years ago...

And keep in mind that when you say "Christians", you are implying that is was consensual throughout the whole religion...Let me ask you...

Without CNN, Al-Jazeera, The New York Times, and all of the media, what was the ACTUAL percentage of Christians throughout the world that even KNEW the crusades were going on?...How many media outlets did they have to voice any dissent to this?...

As for the "violence" you speak of today, you are closing your eyes to the vast majority of Christians that do not condone the bahavior of these idiots...To generalize all for the acts of individuals is laughable...

I guess you think all black people should deserve death because of Tookie Williams?...:roll:

cnredd said:
The difference here is that you are describing the violence the Christians did hundreds of years ago...

And keep in mind that when you say "Christians", you are implying that is was consensual throughout the whole religion...Let me ask you...

Without CNN, Al-Jazeera, The New York Times, and all of the media, what was the ACTUAL percentage of Christians throughout the world that even KNEW the crusades were going on?...How many media outlets did they have to voice any dissent to this?...

As for the "violence" you speak of today, you are closing your eyes to the vast majority of Christians that do not condone the bahavior of these idiots...To generalize all for the acts of individuals is laughable...

I guess you think all black people should deserve death because of Tookie Williams?...:roll:

There aint no difference did you read my post?

The crusades were pretty well known. Spread through the church the idea of salvation for "defending" christianity were widespread.

Yes generalisation is bad. Neverhteless if one is to talk about muslims we can also talk about christians. Not every muslim is behind the riots..... My main point however is this being a religion thing not a Islam thing.

It is truly unbelievable..I mean how can anyone sit here and justify such an outrageous and destructively childish behavior with much ado over a stupid cartoon?

I didn't see any muslim reaction when their radical brotherhood went on murderous sprees all over the world bombing innocent human beings in restaurants and streets. Muslim people don't condemn when their religion is hijacked by their radical counterparts into a very violent and bloody way to achieve a political ends. Where was their outrage when innocent human beings were being kidnapped and beheaded? Where were their sense of right and wrong when their young ones were recruited to commit heinous suicide missions in order to murder innocent civilians? They don't just kill, they thirst for violent death with gruesome maiming of the bloodied bodies..

And for a stupid cartoon over a religious figure, they just go insane day after day and turn violence against innocent people who have nothing to do with the cartoon. Where is their respect for the human lives of their fellow human beings? And to even justified it with a lame excuse for this kind of behavior is so sick.

What kind of insanity is that? This kind of mentality is so twisted and evil. Something to be feared in the darkness of humanity.

Herophant said:

The crusades were pretty well known. Spread through the church the idea of salvation for "defending" christianity were widespread.

Yes generalisation is bad. Neverhteless if one is to talk about muslims we can also talk about christians. Not every muslim is behind the riots..... My main point however is this being a religion thing not a Islam thing.

Is this the best that you've got? Don't you think that trying to condone what those Neanderthals are doing because of the Crusades, which took place so many centuries back is not only ludicrous but also lame? Where's your outrage at the beheading of a 13 year old school girl simply because she was Christian?

I hope the Danes print more... some of that pedophile mohammed doing or getting done by a pig would be appropriate. Let them kill each other over their ignorant outrage... the stupid s-o-bs. :shoot

Herophant said:

Oh really?...

Please describe for me how a farming family in the south of France would know...or even give a rat's ass...about Rome sending forth an army to take back the Holy Land...

Show me how this was "pretty well known"...

Were they around the plasma TV watching CNN?...

sandman said:
I thing that we had respect the other holy believed before we asked from the other respect our holy believed ,but Denmark freedom of the press did not do that with Moslems holy believed ,it refuse asked the forgiveness about what it done ,all what it do asking from Moslems respect it holy freedom of the press

this is not the end of the story as I thing what Denmark primer give Islamic terror organization more than one reason to do terror action one of that reason is to be more popularity and al-Qaida one of that organization ,

but no one know when , where or how it well do it action some forecast few day because the feeling is to hot and this give it more popularity ,so Denmark must be more wakeup, and it must understand that it craze forget the many malisons of dollar the Denmark companies in advertising for its productions in the past years

Here's the thing; I found the cartoons to be offensive I find it offensive whenever religious figures are defamed (and I'm agnostic), religious persecution is religious persecution any way you slice it, I agree that the Islamic community has every right to be upset and to protest because freedom of speech is a two way street, however, it is the tactics of intimidation, threats, and violence which are being used to express their dissent which I can never condone and that, I think, is a far bigger issue than the cartoons themselves.

The cartoonist was playing right into the hands of the exteremists because they (the extremists) are telling the Muslim youth: "the west hates you and has declared war on all of Islam," and then they see these pictures and start to think that maybe the extremists are right. But on the flip side of that coin the Muslim community is playing right into the hands of the biggot who says that: "all of Islam is violent and intolerant, and look at their reaction it just confirms what was being expressed in these pictures."

The Muslim community could have used this as a prime opportunity to prove that the depictions portrayed in the cartoons were fallacious but instead for some reason they have decided to confirm those depictions to many.

Last edited:
cnredd said:
Oh really?...

Please describe for me how a farming family in the south of France would know...or even give a rat's ass...about Rome sending forth an army to take back the Holy Land...

Show me how this was "pretty well known"...

Were they around the plasma TV watching CNN?...

Well the crusades were pretty well known the Pope sent word to all his churches in Europe to call upon volunteers and the church back then is basically the equivalent to the media now.

However, that is neither here nor there due to the fact that we have given up our dark age past through the age of enlightenment though the same has not occurred in the Middle East they're still living in the past we have philisophically progressed they haven't.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Well the crusades were pretty well known the Pope sent word to all his churches in Europe to call upon volunteers and the church back then is basically the equivalent to the media now.

However, that is neither here nor there due to the fact that we have given up our dark age past through the age of enlightenment though the same has not occurred in the Middle East they're still living in the past we have philisophically progressed they haven't.
Believe me...

I haven't lost sight of the accusation that Christians were wrong 800 years ago, so it's somehow OK for Islam to be wrong now...

cnredd said:
Believe me...

I haven't lost sight of the accusation that Christians were wrong 800 years ago, so it's somehow OK for Islam to be wrong now...

Of-course its not ok. But we have to face the fact that this isnt a Islam thing, its a religion thing. The goal should be to secularise the rest of the world. The sooner people forget the idea that god wants them to defend stupid ideals based on faith rather than reason the better...

Last edited:
Herophant said:
Of-course its not ok. But we have to face the fact that this isnt a Islam thing, its a religion thing. The goal should be to secularise the rest of the world. The sooner people forget the idea that god wants them to defend stupid ideals based on faith rather than reason the better...

It's not a religious thing it's a progress thing.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
It's not a religious thing it's a progress thing.

I see it as progress meaning less religion...

Back
Top Bottom