• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems warm to Biden’s bunker strategy

Big difference. 4 years ago Trump started at the bottom and always went up. This year he's been going consistently down since his brief bumb in March.

No, the biggest difference is people conducting the polls hate Trump more now than then and they are desperate to get the power back.

Also the regular Folks are seeing who is actually hoping for and causing a bad economy and more riots and it ant Trump.

What commission?

The Commission on Presidential Debates?
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) was established in 1987 to ensure, for the benefit of the American electorate, that general election debates between or among the leading candidates for the offices of President and Vice President of the United States are a permanent part of the electoral process. CPD’s primary purpose is to sponsor and produce the quadrennial general election debates and to undertake research and educational activities relating to the debates. The organization, which is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) corporation, sponsored all of the general election presidential debates in 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016.

The Commission on Presidential Debates?
Interesting, that's the first I've heard of this. Not much in the Wiki entry, though from what I read the commission may not be binding - though I can't say for sure.

I moderately agree with your first point, and strongly agree with your second. Trump has a pretty amazing base that doesn't budge.

Everyone can budge if their livelihood is taken from them and they don't feel safe. But I don't disagree with your statement too much, but it's not about the base, it's about everyone else that lives between the bases.

Interesting, that's the first I've heard of this. Not much in the Wiki entry, though from what I read the commission may not be binding - though I can't say for sure.

I don't know that they are binding. But they are a long standing tradition. Trump does not like the commission, because he would like to dictate the terms of any debates. Since that is going no where, he's currently playing the game of a 4th debate, his terms? LOL. Biden is on solid ground agreeing to the Commissions 3 debates, and Trump can go take a walk if he don't like it. JMO

You seem to see a lot of things that I and others don't.

And WTH is "real people"?

That is obviously true. I believe you, other Leftists and I were having these exact same conversations about Trump/Hillary 4 years ago, I was right and you were wrong. I have also spent the last 3 years being eventually proven right about every BS scandal Dems threw at Trump.

1. It's actually trump who hangs himself every time he opens his mouth. Biden, in contrast looks regal and presidential. Why do you think trump is desperate for an extra debate? Winning politicians don't do that.

While Trump definitely doesn't do himself any favors, to characterize Biden as you've done is just nonsense. Biden even said his own name wrong once. Dude is literally falling apart, mentally. Trump is Trump, his issues are mostly character flaws. Biden has character flaws, though no so bad as Trump, plus his mind is just failing. If it were so clear cut, as you said, Trump would be the one that would want less debates, not more. Trump wants more because he wants to force Biden out in the light more, without being able to hide behind edited interviews and such.

2. trump could have benefited from the extreme events had he approached them like a mature statesman, rather that a 3 year-old moron. I have predicted several times that if the country experienced a true crisis, trump would show is incompetence and we'd be in trouble. Sadly, I was correct.

Bull****. No matter what Trump would've done, or didn't do, the left would've been screaming into the void, regardless. But again, this is just more of a shell game. Most of the reactions to these issues are on the state governors and mayors, and has almost nothing to do with Trump. But the far-left propaganda machines have successfully deceived people to have them believing all of this is literally in Trump's personal presidential power, taking the spotlight away from all the Democrats that are the real responsible parties that have failed.

Can you point out exactly which group has begun to admire Trump?

Regular Folks who objectively look and have seen his policies create the greatest period of prosperity in 50 years.

I strongly disagree with second point - Trump had a choice on how to react to social unrest. He chose NOT to acknowledge the racism and concentrate his energy on the 1% rioters rather than 99% peaceful protesters. Gassing them for a photo op did not help either. So no, Trump made his own bed.

Oh yes...one singular photo-op by Trump is totally worse than the police actions from departments that are run by Democrat mayors, with Democrat city councils, appointing their own Chief of Police, having them enforce their own policies time after, time, after time, after time...ad nauseum. Yeah...let's keep that propaganda over a photo-op that's old news in the front of everyone's minds to shield the true failures that are the Democrats.

Regarding first bullet, I moderately agree as well but would also point out Trump is in similar situation. He could shut up any time on a lot of things but he just can't help himself to come out of his bunker. At least Biden shows better restrain in that regard. Fishking's point very well applies to Trump: "Every time he pokes his head out he says something stupid and people are also reminded just how deteriorated Biden's Trump's mental capacity has become always been."

Trump has always been like that, he was elected like that. Everyone knows it and is has basically made up their minds about it. Biden is the vulnerable one here, in this regard. It's sad that he was pushed to the front when he's obviously mentally failing so rapidly. He has forgotten Obama's name multiple times, forgotten his own name, completely forgets what he's saying mid sentence often. Biden hiding keeps people from being able to see all of his issues and that gives all the airtime to Trump, which usually doesn't work out well for him.

Regular Folks who objectively look and have seen his policies create the greatest period of prosperity in 50 years.

Really? Can you point to any study or poll that indicates you have any idea what you are talking about?

Oh yes...one singular photo-op by Trump is totally worse than the police actions from departments that are run by Democrat mayors, with Democrat city councils, appointing their own Chief of Police, ...

Noone said that. Trump however chose who support, who to gas, and whether to remain deaf to the protester's issues. Highlighting it for a President is fair.

Trump has always been like that, he was elected like that. Everyone knows it and is has basically made up their minds about it. Biden is the vulnerable one here, in this regard.

Biden will be elected like that, just like Trump was. Only because Trump's dementia and derangement is much more dangerous.

Source: Dems warm to Biden’s bunker strategy

I was worried that Biden would be an HRC 2.0. There's many similarities, including his laying-low while Trump takes political hits. But as I look at the numbers, I'm starting to think Biden might be on to something.

Biden's poll numbers vs Trump are constantly improving, Trump's negative approval disparity is constantly increasing, competitive GOP Senate seats are leaning Bluer, and the Generic Congressional Ballot keeps edging further Dem.

A tact of laying low makes me nervous as hell, but it does seem to be working for now. As is stated above in my OP, "Trump is running against Trump". I'd add, "And it seems he's losing!".

"....Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself..."

Biden will have to come out of his hole eventually...especially if he gets the Dem nomination. (I have my doubts he will.)

Avoiding the campaign trail didn't work for Hillary. It won't work for Biden.

In any event, Trump isn't campaigning against himself. The media is campaigning against him...for Biden.

The media shows him campaigning against himself. The blunders are all Trump.

Really? Can you point to any study or poll that indicates you have any idea what you are talking about?

Nope no poll, just the thousands of people I have heard of who say they did not vote Trump before but will now, and that is just who is saying it out loud.

Every time I hear of someone saying they voted Trump in 2016 but wont in 2020 other dig up their old social media and discover they were full of ****. Just Lefties Hillary supporters trying to give themselves creditability to create a narrative in a news interview.

:mrgreen:
We’re still in the first wave as the peaks are now making their way through the Southern and Western states, and decreasing/flattening in a few dozen other states. There’s a troubling trend of states flattening for cases/hospitalizations at a high level.

Blue state Doctors, Nurses, and Scientists in states trending down need to get a lot of rest the next two weeks. They’ll be needed soon. Blue cities got help from across the Nation.

Noone said that. Trump however chose who support, who to gas, and whether to remain deaf to the protester's issues. Highlighting it for a President is fair.

There is a difference between highlighting Trump's failures and laying everything at the feet of Trump while ignoring the fact, fact, that most of these problems are happening in Democrat monopolies and have been for decades. It's not what you specifically say, it's what you chose to focus on while ignoring other things. The message is definitely clear. Oh...and what contribution on these issues that have been worse than Biden's crime bill, or any number of other things that have detrimentally hurt minorities? Trump's tweets and a photo-op are worse? Please. Biden has been a politician for decades and his policies are orders worse than anything Trump has done.

Biden will be elected like that, just like Trump was. Only because Trump's dementia and derangement is much more dangerous.

Really? So far as I'm tracking, Trump didn't get us into a new ground war, or escalate any current wars, or militarily overthrow a country (Libya) turning it into a failed state. He hasn't helped destabilize a region and run weapons to terrorists (Syria). What's more dangerous now? Oh...and Biden won't be able to hide from the debate stage and there's no editing there and his wife won't be able to save him when his brain fails and he freezes on the podium.

Yes. But he has to be careful to act adroitly when the pendulum swings back, as they often do.

I think Biden has been far better at campaigning...from the start...than most of us give him credit for.

Source: Dems warm to Biden’s bunker strategy

I was worried that Biden would be an HRC 2.0. There's many similarities, including his laying-low while Trump takes political hits. But as I look at the numbers, I'm starting to think Biden might be on to something.

Biden's poll numbers vs Trump are constantly improving, Trump's negative approval disparity is constantly increasing, competitive GOP Senate seats are leaning Bluer, and the Generic Congressional Ballot keeps edging further Dem.

A tact of laying low makes me nervous as hell, but it does seem to be working for now. As is stated above in my OP, "Trump is running against Trump". I'd add, "And it seems he's losing!".

The pandemic has the majority of voters wanting to be safe and so it is a little different of a story this time around.

Back
Top Bottom