• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems warm to Biden’s bunker strategy

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In the three months Biden launched his stay-at-home campaign from his cellar TV studio, his lead has grown to double-digits in national polls while Trump has pin-balled from crisis to crisis. While the president’s approval ratings have suffered under the weight of Trump’s handling of the pandemic, an economic recession and protests over racism and police brutality, Biden just posted his widest lead yet — 14 percentage points, according to a New York Times/Siena poll released Wednesday.
“Trump is running against Trump. And it's smart of Biden to not get in the way of that,” Hilary Rosen, a consulting partner of top Biden adviser Anita Dunn, said in echoing the sentiment in the campaign. “It’s become a referendum on Trump’s behavior.”
Source: Dems warm to Biden’s bunker strategy

I was worried that Biden would be an HRC 2.0. There's many similarities, including his laying-low while Trump takes political hits. But as I look at the numbers, I'm starting to think Biden might be on to something.

Biden's poll numbers vs Trump are constantly improving, Trump's negative approval disparity is constantly increasing, competitive GOP Senate seats are leaning Bluer, and the Generic Congressional Ballot keeps edging further Dem.

A tact of laying low makes me nervous as hell, but it does seem to be working for now. As is stated above in my OP, "Trump is running against Trump". I'd add, "And it seems he's losing!".

I was worried that Biden would be an HRC 2.0. There's many similarities, including his laying-low while Trump takes political hits. But as I look at the numbers, I'm starting to think Biden might be on to something.

Biden's poll numbers vs Trump are constantly improving, Trump's negative approval disparity is constantly increasing, competitive GOP Senate seats are leaning Bluer, and the Generic Congressional Ballot keeps edging further Dem.

A tact of laying low makes me nervous as hell, but it does seem to be working for now. As is stated above in my OP, "Trump is running against Trump". I'd add, "And it seems he's losing!".

All Biden has to do is weigh in every once in a while and look presidential, say the boilerplate things about how great this country is and how we need to unite for the good of everyone. You know, talk like a real president. People like that.:mrgreen:

Don’t count the chickens just yet.........please......

All Biden has to do is weigh in every once in a while and look presidential, say the boilerplate things about how great this country is and how we need to unite for the good of everyone. You know, talk like a real president. People like that.:mrgreen:

And liberals are stupid enough to fall for it. The trouble is, it didnt work for Bloomberg and it wont work for Biden. Enjoy it while it lasts

Eventually I think there will be a growing suspicion that the dementia claims are real. He may have to show he can hang in there in public before this is over. And if he really does hsve dementia, the clock is ticking and it will likely get worse by the month.

Why would Biden stick his head up if he's got nothing to say? I give him credit for dodging the press any chance he gets until Election Day.

Let Trump campaign against Trump as long as it works for Biden.

It is wise to lay low right now. Trump is self-immolating. If things calm down a bit and Trump's approval ticks back up, Biden will need to hit the trail.

The country is not recovering from COVID-19, its just hitting parts of the country that were "safe" before. Trump is owning that failure. As long as it sticks around, Trump will continue to fail, because he is doing everything wrong.

Biden will have to come out of his hole eventually...especially if he gets the Dem nomination. (I have my doubts he will.)

Avoiding the campaign trail didn't work for Hillary. It won't work for Biden.

In any event, Trump isn't campaigning against himself. The media is campaigning against him...for Biden.

Biden will have to come out of his hole eventually...especially if he gets the Dem nomination. (I have my doubts he will.)

In any event, Trump isn't campaigning against himself. The media is campaigning against him...for Biden.

You want to expand on this thought?

Did you get stuck in the past?

With the polling numbers Biden's enjoying, he's got it locked in spade - barring a change.

And liberals are stupid enough to fall for it. The trouble is, it didnt work for Bloomberg and it wont work for Biden. Enjoy it while it lasts

Online demand for hydroxychloroquine surged 1,000% after Trump backed it, study finds

Online demand for the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine surged by more than 1,000% after Donald Trump endorsed it as a potential treatment for Covid-19 without providing evidence it worked, a new study has found.

Online demand for hydroxychloroquine surged 1,000% after Trump backed it, study finds | World news | The Guardian

What was it you were saying about liberals being stupid enough to fall for it?

That's an interesting thought, but here's two counterpoints:

1. I don't think it's so much of a move born out of some shrewd political strategy but born out of necessity. Biden is laying low because he has to. Every time he pokes his head out he says something stupid and people are also reminded just how deteriorated Biden's mental capacity has become. Him laying low lets people forget about him not being able to remember what decade he's in and also keeps him from saying more stupid stuff.

2. It's telling that it has taken such extreme events to derail Trump. It has taken an unprecedented shutdown of the economy to bring the Trump train of an economy to a halt. Also, it has taken giant social unrest, with the help of the media pointing fingers at Trump, to bring even more instability. The crazy part with the second issue is that Trump literally has almost zero to do with police and it has been, in fact, almost solely in Democrat controlled areas where these issues have occurred.

The left is purposefully sown social and economic turmoil, with reckless disregard to who it affects and to what affect it comes to in the end, just to get Trump out of office.

I do admit, pendulums swing. That is my fear.

He's a great contrast to mango's "negligent tour". Tweety has no problem cramming groups of non mask-wearing fans into an indoor, packed venue.

1. I don't think it's so much of a move born out of some shrewd political strategy but born out of necessity. Biden is laying low because he has to. Every time he pokes his head out he says something stupid and people are also reminded just how deteriorated Biden's mental capacity has become. Him laying low lets people forget about him not being able to remember what decade he's in and also keeps him from saying more stupid stuff.

2. It's telling that it has taken such extreme events to derail Trump. It has taken an unprecedented shutdown of the economy to bring the Trump train of an economy to a halt. Also, it has taken giant social unrest, with the help of the media pointing fingers at Trump, to bring even more instability. The crazy part with the second issue is that Trump literally has almost zero to do with police and it has been, in fact, almost solely in Democrat controlled areas where these issues have occurred.

The left is purposefully sown social and economic turmoil, with reckless disregard to who it affects and to what affect it comes to in the end, just to get Trump out of office.
I moderately agree with your first point, and strongly agree with your second. Trump has a pretty amazing base that doesn't budge.

Don’t count the chickens just yet.........please......

Are you worried about trump and Barr's "October surprise"? The trump criminal enterprise has lost so much credibility I don't think whatever the scum come up with with have much credibility!

I believe we'll see Biden fall apart in the debates, and is the primary reason his team will only agree to three.

Hopeful Democrats are going to be seasick after his first debate and they'll try to cancel the remaining two with excuses about COVID, riots, racists, or whatever is convenient in the moment.

Oh, and they'll blame Trump somehow.

We are enjoying it. We're enjoying trump throwing fits to his near-empty stadium. We're enjoying trump throwing fits over his sinking poll numbers. And we're watching you and the rest of the trump cult's heads explode and posting misguided predictions about November.

Please, keep it up!

We are enjoying it. We're enjoying trump throwing fits to his near-empty stadium. We're enjoying trump throwing fits over his sinking poll numbers. And we're watching you and the rest of the trump cult's heads explode and posting misguided predictions about November.

Please, keep it up!

Honestly, Im not worried about November. Biden is not going to win. But you are right about one thing, heads will explode

1. It's actually trump who hangs himself every time he opens his mouth. Biden, in contrast looks regal and presidential. Why do you think trump is desperate for an extra debate? Winning politicians don't do that.

2. trump could have benefited from the extreme events had he approached them like a mature statesman, rather that a 3 year-old moron. I have predicted several times that if the country experienced a true crisis, trump would show is incompetence and we'd be in trouble. Sadly, I was correct.

I believe we'll see Biden fall apart in the debates, and is the primary reason his team will only agree to three.

Hopeful Democrats are going to be seasick after his first debate and they'll try to cancel the remaining two with excuses about COVID, riots, racists, or whatever is convenient in the moment.

Oh, and they'll blame Trump somehow.

I'm 100% certain he won't hover threateningly behind Joe Biden as he's answering a question. Joe will 'take him out behind the barn'

Back
Top Bottom