• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems want to bring down anyone who ever backed Trump: Goodwin

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Additional proof of Trump’s point comes in the way Big Tech is silencing the president and banishing those who believe Biden’s victory was less than 100 percent clean. Twitter’s claim that it has simply removed about 70,000 bots doesn’t pass the smell test, given the scope of complaints from conservatives about the vast number of followers who suddenly vanished.

Not to be outdone, Facebook blocks any mention of “stop the steal” and Amazon, Apple and Google drove Twitter competitor Parler off the web and out of business.

As Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida put it, “We are now living in a country where four or five companies, unelected, unaccountable, have the monopoly power to decide, we’re gonna wipe people out, we’re going to erase them from any digital platform.”

None of this is a defense of those who invaded the Capitol, especially those who committed violence.

The Trump poster where he states "In reality they’re not after me, they’re after you. I’m just in the way.” Has never rung so true.
And now, businesses may not be able to get credit due to political beliefs, and pre employment back ground checks will include a social media screen based on Google Analytics to build a political and economic profile (as well as race if they wish to).

The reason China entered the Korean war was the did not want a democracy on their border. The reason they took Hong Kong, was to squash any ideas of democracy or quasi independence. The reason we have lost free speech here, is $4 trillion in multinational companies kissing China's ass for more business decided to shut up the party that objected.

You, as "the man on the street", just got raped and you don't even know how bad yet. No one does.

Last point. Is it just me or has posting traffic gone flat? I have never seen it so quiet. Is everyone taking cover for things they said in an emotional moment? Don't be. They work from the top down.

bring down people who backed a US President who incited insurrection against the USA.

the hell you say.

Anyone who even gave tacit support to the events on Wednesday, as well as the stop the steal retoric should be called out and publically shamed.

The fact that so many Republicans are willing to put party over country, and pledge their loyalty to Trump instead of the Constitution, is something that should be documented, and should haunt them forever.

Goodwin is a longtime columnist with the right-leaning Murdoch-owned NY Post and a Fox News contributor.

Nuff said.

The reason China entered the Korean war was the did not want a democracy on their border.
They didn't want another superpower on their border of any stripe, and they certainly didn't want to see Korea go to the west. Nobody wants the US military on their borders - not even other democracies.

The reason they took Hong Kong, was to squash any ideas of democracy or quasi independence.
They never "took Hong Kong" - the British lease was up and the city defaulted back from whence it came.

The reason we have lost free speech here, is $4 trillion in multinational companies kissing China's ass for more business decided to shut up the party that objected.
We've never lost free speech.

Last point. Is it just me or has posting traffic gone flat? I have never seen it so quiet. Is everyone taking cover for things they said in an emotional moment? Don't be. They work from the top down.
Posting traffic has gone flat, not because of what people here said in an emotional moment, but because Trump supporters are in full retreat due to the events of 1/6, and Trump's indefensible actions to subvert our democracy. Many of them know they were wrong, and are simply fed up with making excuses for him. The past four years of feeble rationalizations for him has simply been too draining on too many of his apologists.

They didn't want another superpower on their border of any stripe, and they certainly didn't want to see Korea go to the west. Nobody wants the US military on their borders - not even other democracies.

They never "took Hong Kong" - the British lease was up and the city defaulted back from whence it came.

We've never lost free speech.

Posting traffic has gone flat, not because of what people here said in an emotional moment, but because Trump supporters are in full retreat due to the events of 1/6, and Trump's indefensible actions to subvert our democracy. Many of them know they were wrong, and are simply fed up with making excuses for him. The past four years of feeble rationalizations for him has simply been too draining on too many of his apologists.
Do you actually think all this "Hang 'em High" bravado is going to play out? I totally don't think so. You haters are watching too much TV.

Anyone who even gave tacit support to the events on Wednesday, as well as the stop the steal retoric should be called out and publically shamed.

The fact that so many Republicans are willing to put party over country, and pledge their loyalty to Trump instead of the Constitution, is something that should be documented, and should haunt them forever.

This.

The Trump poster where he states "In reality they’re not after me, they’re after you. I’m just in the way.” Has never rung so true.
And now, businesses may not be able to get credit due to political beliefs, and pre employment back ground checks will include a social media screen based on Google Analytics to build a political and economic profile (as well as race if they wish to).

The reason China entered the Korean war was the did not want a democracy on their border. The reason they took Hong Kong, was to squash any ideas of democracy or quasi independence. The reason we have lost free speech here, is $4 trillion in multinational companies kissing China's ass for more business decided to shut up the party that objected.

You, as "the man on the street", just got raped and you don't even know how bad yet. No one does.

Eh. Context matters. This isn’t a witch-hunt for conservative voices. This is a post 1/6 country that realizes at the moment there are right wing radicals, prone to being violent, and in this atmosphere advocacy, encouraging, planning, and inciting violence can’t be tolerated on Parler or other platforms.

Last edited:

Rightwing martyrdom never ceases to amaze me.

Dems want to bring down anyone who ever backed Fascism. How terrible.

bring down people who backed a US President who incited insurrection against the USA.

the hell you say.
did he incite an insurrection? can you point to his actual calls for illegal acts to be committed? no one else can.

are you lumping in legal support for the rally / speech with the illegal events of the riot?
there are distinct constitutional issues with the election that simply are being ignored right now. anyone who supports looking into such things is cast as a traitor. who is putting party over country? or politician over constitution?

Poor Tweety McCan'tTweetAnymore victims. If they keep crying, a good portion of flyover country will have its own Dead Sea. I've always wondered if I would float really well in that, but since a number of them don't wear masks, I need to get vaccinated and wait for a few seasons to find out.

did he incite an insurrection? can you point to his actual calls for illegal acts to be committed? no one else can.
Faulty reasoning on your part. But for Trump's words and actions, the events of January 6th do not happen. That is crystal clear.

If Trump concedes he lost the election on November 8th when the election was called, congratulates Biden and says he'll work for the peaceful transition of power, then no riot happens on January 6th. Instead he insists that the election was stolen and tells his supporters to fight.

If on December 20th, when all the Secretaries of State ratify and allot their Electoral College votes to the candidates, Trump had conceded the election to Biden, congratulated him and said he'd work for a peaceful transition of power, then no riot happens on January 6th. Instead he insists the election was stolen and tells his supporters to fight.

If after losing 60+ lawsuits to try and stop the election, Trump comes to his senses, admits defeat, congratulates Biden and says he'll work for a peaceful transition of power, then no riot happens on January 6th. Instead he insists the election was stolen and tells his supporters to fight.

But for Trump's words and actions, the riot would not have happened on January 6th. Ergo, Trump incited the insurrection.

Faulty reasoning on your part. But for Trump's words and actions, the events of January 6th do not happen. That is crystal clear.

there is mounting evidence to prove that there was substantial planning for this action before that day. that is crystal clear.
https://time.com/5927215/capitol-hill-police-riots-unprepared/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ef346e-6258-11eb-9430-e7c77b5b0297_story.html

Instead he insists that the election was stolen and tells his supporters to fight.

in what sense of the word fight do you determine was Trumps true meaning?

Definition of fight
intransitive verb
1a : to contend in battle or physical combat especially
: to strive to overcome a person by blows or weapons The soldiers fought bravely.
b : to engage in boxing He will fight for the heavyweight title next month.
2 : to put forth a determined effort They were fighting to stay awake.
transitive verb
1a(1) : to contend against in or as if in battle or physical combat fought the invaders of his homeland was fighting a forest fire
(2) : to box against in the ring fought several strong contenders
b(1) : to attempt to prevent the success or effectiveness of the company fought the takeover attempt
(2) : to oppose the passage or development of fight a bill in Congress
2a : wage, carry on fight a battle
b : to take part in (a boxing match or similar contest)
3 : to struggle to endure or surmount fight a cold is fighting cancer
4a : to gain by struggle fights his way through
b : to resolve by struggle fought out their differences in court
5a : to manage (a ship) in a battle or storm
b : to cause to struggle or contend
c : to manage in an unnecessarily rough or awkward manner
fight shy of
: to avoid facing or meeting

fight
noun

Definition of fight (Entry 2 of 2)

1a : a hostile encounter : battle, combat
b : a boxing match
c : a verbal disagreement : argument
2 : a struggle for a goal or an objective a fight for justice
3 : strength or disposition for fighting : pugnacity still full of fight

[/QUOTE]

there is mounting evidence to prove that there was substantial planning for this action before that day. that is crystal clear.
https://time.com/5927215/capitol-hill-police-riots-unprepared/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ef346e-6258-11eb-9430-e7c77b5b0297_story.html

in what sense of the word fight do you determine was Trumps true meaning?
[/QUOTE]
I assume your lengthy post to me boils down to the question posed above?
Simply put: Any and every method of fighting required to prevent, reverse, or overturn the election results - which might include any number of the definitions you posted.

the hell you say.
Start with the Mercer family.

Eh. Context matters. This isn’t a witch-hunt for conservative voices. This is a post 1/6 country that realizes at the moment there are right wing radicals, prone to being violent, and in this atmosphere advocacy, encouraging, planning, and inciting violence can’t be tolerated on Parler or other platforms.
Reasonable free speech is protected but when the former speech turns to acts of domestic terrorism, and sedition then a hard line has been crossed with concrete repercussions to follow.

Back
Top Bottom