• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dems "THINK" they will get power back, huh huh?

Gloating over your own party's treason! You are a piece of work.

ANTHROPOLOGICAL NOTE
Here's a note for anthropologists of the behavior of our poor, deluded, right-wing cousins: note how these poor guys are still trying to gloat over an election they obviously stole. That shows you what a bizarro world the right live in, where just about everything is 180 degrees from the way it really is.

They seem smugly unaware that absolutely everything they have ever done has failed. Isn't that amazing? They still prattle on haughtily, reading liberals's minds, gloating over non-accomplishments, as if they weren't complete failures in every respect.

But getting to my anthropological theory. It's based on the simple observation that the Right are very unhappy people. Listen to the sad-sacks in this thread. You wouldn't want these guys at a party now, would you?

(If you did, they'd keep inviting you "downstairs." Whoo! Right-wingers BAD! This place reminds me of high school in a lot of ways.)

In any case, it goes without saying that the political right desperately need cheering up these days, when their whole fraudulent nightmare is sinking like the Titanic, the people of America repulsed at their treasonous moral turpitude & utter ineptness, etc.

Unhappy righties cheer themselves up with a thing called masturbatory gloating. We just saw an example of it here from Basement Ivan. Thanks, big guy.

This is just another thing the right like to do to give everyone in the world the creeps.

& not only gloating, your Honor, but gloating over their own treason against the American people! Welcome to right-wing Biazrro World...

In any case, my theory is that gloating is the closest thing to joy the right ever know.

(Calm down, guys. You don't seem to mind saying whatever crap comes into your minds about liberals, do you? I'm not even cussing very much.)

In any case, as Ivan has just demonstated, these poor bastards--obviously headed for extinction, ignominy, shame, failure, & a page in history at once black & hilarious--have invented their own form of perversion, to wit gloating over their own treason.

P.S.: Still waiting on that list of Republican accomplishments. No fair gloating. You've got to try to find other pleasures in life.

Last edited:
Bush exploits the poor -true

& minorities - true

I understand the logic, though I think its slightly misguided, on why you said some other ones were true. But I'm curious as to why you think these are true?

PerryLogan said:
The right think they can read the minds of people far smarter than they. This is both sad & funny.

Silly, silly old man. You speak of "smarter" with this plastered on the Internet?.....

Tinhat-2.jpg

and this.......

View attachment 1737
PerryLogan said:
Getting back to reality. I came here, nice as can be, & posted a humongous list of awesome Democratic accomplishments. The logical thing to do would be to present me with a daunting list of Republican accomplishments, right?

Right. But no one can do this because there are no Republican accomplishments.

This is probably, because we don't care about such trite things and take no insult to your wild accusations of "no accomplishments" and partisan slavery. Many of the items on your little list were mere natuarl occurrences during this period of time. The Republicans dealt with the Cold War and Iraq, while the Democrats reaped the between benefits and failed in foreign policy in Somalia and Bosnia. What is the extreme joke with your desperation to glorify the great Democratic Party, is that no one is voting for them. I guess it is bound to happen sooner or later. Keep embarrassing yourself. Old age is not kind to some.

Last edited:
PerryLogan said:
Gloating over your own party's treason! You are a piece of work.

ANTHROPOLOGICAL NOTE
Here's a note for anthropologists of the behavior of our poor, deluded, right-wing cousins: note how these poor guys are still trying to gloat over an election they obviously stole. That shows you what a bizarro world the right live in, where just about everything is 180 degrees from the way it really is.

They seem smugly unaware that absolutely everything they have ever done has failed. Isn't that amazing? They still prattle on haughtily, reading liberals's minds, gloating over non-accomplishments, as if they weren't complete failures in every respect.

REPUBLICANS HEADED FOR CERTAIN EXTINCTION
GOOD NEWS FOR AMERICA!

The political right are heavily addicted to masturbatory gloating.

The Right are very unhappy people. Listen to the mopesters in this thread! You wouldn't want these guys at a aprty now, would you?

They're in power, yet they're unhappier than ever. This is so sad...

In any case, it goes without saying that the political right desperately need cheering up even these days, when their whole fraudulent nighmare is sinking like the Titanic.

One thing they do to cheer themselves up is a rather repulsive thing they like to do publically, called masturbatory gloating.

Gloating is the closest thing to joy the right know.

That's why the poor bastards--obviously headed for extinction, ignominy, shame, failure, & a page in history at once black & hilarious--are trying to milk their theft of the 2004 election for a little more pleasure. It's all they have left, the poor, tortured devils.

There are other hobbies, you know. You don't have to be confined to such a trivial and rediculous existence. You should take up BINGO. Many people in your condition and in old folks homes are BINGO masters. It is a futile quest - this extreme partisan slavery to political masters will never pan out. How has it worked for you so far?

SixStringHero said:
The unemployment rate during Bush's first term was at 5.4 percent which is lower than the average through the 1970-1990's.

http://www.factcheck.org/article260.html

What an obtuse way to look at the data. It's like saying "Bill Gates and I have an average net worth of 25 billion."

Another point is what kind of jobs are being created as good jobs are being outsourced?

hipsterdufus said:
What an obtuse way to look at the data. It's like saying "Bill Gates and I have an average net worth of 25 billion."

Another point is what kind of jobs are being created as good jobs are being outsourced?

On the contrary, he merely did what the partisan slave did. Review his list. It is a joke of "obtuse ways to look at the data."

PerryLogan said:

:moon:

REPUBLICANS HEADED FOR CERTAIN EXTINCTION
GOOD NEWS FOR AMERICA!

Is that like one of those mantras where you think if you say it enough there's a possibility that it might come true?:rofl

The Right are very unhappy people. Listen to the mopesters in this thread! You wouldn't want these guys at a aprty now, would you?

I personally think Bush should have used Kid Rock's song "I'm a Cowboy Baby" for his inaugeration just 'cause it would have been funny to watch the people who even hate the way he walks go nuts! :cowboy:

That's why the poor bastards--obviously headed for extinction, ignominy, shame, failure, & a page in history at once black & hilarious--are trying to milk their theft of the 2004 election for a little more pleasure. It's all they have left, the poor, tortured devils.

I hope the democrats one day quit whining and crying and pull their s-hit together so the next presidential race is exciting and provides a REAL CHOICE to the American people. You should have ran Dean last election. Kerry was a total joke! I doubt I would've voted for Dean but I will say I kind of liked the guy and enjoyed listening to him.

Bush doesn't please ALL Republicans ALL the time. But he is consistent and says what he means and means what he says. Are all Republicans happy with everything he does? Hell no. But it seems like the democrats are always trying to PLEASE too many in a way that just isn't possible. They try to cater to many different fringe groups and groups with very limited agendas and all that people pleasing has resulted in a party that seems to have no core. Since the democrats try so hard not to even slightly disappoint ANY of their voters they come off sounding like inconsistent YES men with no direction or purpose.

Hopefully the next election will be better and more exciting. The last one was horrible. If I heard Edwards say he was the son of a millworker just one more time I would've stabbed myself in the eye with a fork.:rwbelepha

You know I love you guys...but what a bunch of twerps.

Talloulou just said "Bush doesn't please ALL Republicans ALL the time," apparently unaware even the slow-learning right are deserting His Ineptness in droves. Gotta be The Worst President Ever™!

Not a mantra honey--a joke. Just something the left likes to do.

Still no coherent response to my massive list of accomplishments. Still not one right-wing accomplishment.

Astonishing, isn't it? Just weird put-downs of liberals by people who, while charming, may be too stupid to understand a single word a liberal says.

Check it out: GySgt just said Republican don't care about such trite things as accomplishments!

No doubt they were concerned with lofty matters--like body armor or hurricane preparedness. You poor chumps.

This before his little ad hominem tirade. This always happens; the right can never win a fair argument, so they just start name-calling. I guess this is the basement after all.

Last edited:
PerryLogan said:
Talloulou just said "Bush doesn't please ALL Republicans ALL the time," apparently unaware even the slow-learning right are deserting His Ineptness in droves. Gotta be The Worst President Ever™!

Are you call me a slow learner you daft hysterical maniac. Here's my point in case you missed it the first time.....

I know you don't like Bush. But lets look at the last presidential election. Was Kerry gonna pull out of Iraq? Nope. Was he gonna revoke the Patriot Act? Nope. Was he anti-war.....I don't know and I'm not sure he does either! It seemed to me like different messages came out of his mouth everytime it opened. The only one who had a consistent and strong message was Edwards and that message was, I'm the son of a millworker

I know why you don't like Bush but the fact of the matter is the Democrats ran a guy against him that didn't really have any distinctive message that he would have changed anything BUSH was and is currently doing!

The biggest question is my mind is WOULD THE DEMOCRATS BE B_ITCHNG SO MUCH IF EVERYTHING WAS EXACTLY THE SAME AND KERRY WAS PRESIDENT?

This always happens; the right can never win a fair argument, so they just start name-calling.

You've noticed that too? Point in case?

you daft hysterical maniac.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

:rofl

Captain America said:
You've noticed that too? Point in case?

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

:rofl

He called me a slow learner! :shoot :duel : :catapult: When asked to play, I play.

talloulou,

The biggest question is my mind is WOULD THE DEMOCRATS BE B_ITCHNG SO MUCH IF EVERYTHING WAS EXACTLY THE SAME AND KERRY WAS PRESIDENT?

The answer is a resounding no.

PerryLogan said:
You know I love you guys...but what a bunch of twerps.

Not a mantra honey--a joke. Just something the left likes to do.

Still no coherent response to my massive list of accomplishments. Still not one right-wing accomplishment.

Astonishing, isn't it? Just weird put-downs of liberals by people who, while charming, may be too stupid to understand a single word a liberal says.

Check it out: GySgt just said Republican don't care about such trite things as accomplishments!

No doubt they were concerned with lofty matters--like body armor or hurricane preparedness. You poor chumps.

This before his little ad hominem tirade. This always happens; the right can never win a fair argument, so they just start name-calling. I guess this is the basement after all.

Bwaahahahaah. Oh man, we went from 'Sissyboy' to 'Canuck' to 'Robodoon.' Now, the newest Internet idiot is 'PerryLogan.' (By the way..be careful with your rediculous rants of no substance. Those other three idiots were banned.)

Originally posted by GySgt:
Bwaahahahaah. Oh man, we went from 'Sissyboy' to 'Canuck' to 'Robodoon.' Now, the newest Internet idiot is 'PerryLogan.' (By the way..be careful with your rediculous rants of no substance. Those other three idiots were banned.)
Speaking of no substance, where yours in this post? Just more ad hom's and name calling just like he said you would. You just proved him right.

What makes YOUR rant more of a joke, the facts keep pouring in to back him up.

Bush ratings continue to drop to new lows
NBC/WSJ poll: Majority now prefer a Democrat-controlled Congress

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11843383/
Where's yours, Devil Dog?

Billo_Really said:
Hey billo, I've got news for you. Bush poll numbers don't mean anything. He has no other elections to win.

Billo_Really said:
Sorry, he blindly threw out numbers, not facts. If you would actually look at what produced the numbers you would realize that the facts are on the republican side. All of the above aside I would rather that we on the right would stop spending like drunken Democrats and really sit on the fringe elements in the U.S. like the elephants we are, it's time to tell special interests they are ruining this country, thrash them soundly on the political level, and move America back to what made it great in the first place.

I got to thinking about the great Democrat accomplishments during the 19th century and their consequences. Here goes:
1.) Social Security - opened the door to the withholding tax, making paychecks worth 12% less in net than they would be otherwise, also, the contribution required on the employers side requires increases in price, reducing the demand for goods and services.
2.) Gun control - Gun violence in the U.S. against innocent citizens has increased SINCE more legislation has been passed, go figure.
3.) The New Deal - expanded the role of the federal government, basically nullified the 9th amendment of the constitution and gave the government more control of American's economic lives. Regulation of all types increased steadily after the new deal was passed.
4.) creation of the FCC - I hear more liberals complaining about this branch of the Bureacracy than conservatives, yet democrat administrations passed it through.
5.) environmental reforms - some good, some bad, all expensive, increased price of goods, including gasoline.
6.) worker's rights movement - very good inroads made in safety and overall working conditions....great start..... has become ridiculous, because of unions many companies no longer exist, the big three automakers are dying because of pensions becoming due and also the very fact that products are no longer of the quality they used to be, not only that, but they are not up to the standards of competing nations products, ditto with electronics.
sub consequence - manufacturing and other mobile jobs going overseas for tax and cost purposes.
7) The Great Society - created a welfare state that is becoming a huge drain on the economy and injures the very poor that liberals wanted to help. A very expensive way to create government dependence.
8) the progressive income tax - read an economics book, I don't have the time to explain every consequence to this one.
Thank you Democrats for all of these "improvements" to our society among others I can't think of at the moment. Also, thank you to PerryLogan for giving me the idea to post this.
By the way, any liberal ideas to fix all of these problems?
Oh Yeah! Almost forgot, the national debt we are enjoying today came about during a Democratic held Senate and Congress(holders of the "power of the purse") as well as the budget deficits that created it. THNX.

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
Speaking of no substance, where yours in this post? Just more ad hom's and name calling just like he said you would. You just proved him right.

Where's yours, Devil Dog?

My substance was spent before in Post #21. Notice he had no reply. My facts are irrefutable, while he merely produced a long manicured list of numbers. I have nothing left for characters of political slavery. Democratic slaves may produce any shred of desperate accolade they wish, but it doesn't seem to help at the voters booth does it? In the last 28 years, democrats have held the White House for 8. Some how, I don't think America is interested in small scale accomplishments that never last and always come at a price. In this case, it was 9/11 and a very neglected military (Hence the billions spent on defense, lack of equipment,, etc). His "facts," as you call them, are very trite and very simple. They do not reflect the inevitable consequences of past Presidents. Just like 9/11 was a result of past Presidents. One could easily go online and pull down a list of accomplishments for each President just as long as the next President. Big whoop. This is what makes him a joke.:roll: Hmmmm, guess what that makes you?

So much for your idea of "substance." (Why must you embarrass yourself so?)

Last edited:
PerryLogan said:

Astonishing, isn't it?

This is because you don't see, you don't hear.

It was alredy responded by others, I only want to add my take for you not to hear. I did not vote for Bush with intention not to choose the lesser evil. I guess your views will force me to vote for BUSH lll on the next elections even if I would not like him again.

Your look at the “achievements" is based on:
- Your personal ideal of being a slave: Good Master Bill makes things good. King George Bush does bad things. Your ideal does not work for me.
- Your slave misunderstanding of economy based on your slavery ideal. In economy nothing happens in a moment and nothing happens by Bill’s wish. I want to see reasons and mechanics of the things happening. So far I see Republican submitting and discussing reasons and mechanics, and Democrats promising miracles. It is a very attractive promise, but I am not sold on miracles.
- Therefore you do not want to see that Bill took a free ride on achievements of his predecessors. He cared about the only thing – to keep on riding free. So far I see welfare reform imposed by Reps, and his neglecting of terrorism and military with the only goal not to touch difficult problems were the only “achievements”.
What are Bush’s achievements? As the economy run out of breath, Bush stepped into the office (delayed by your hanging chads suits – another hit on operating mechanics of this country) and he was facing a recession, as the result of Bill’s ride. I saw a big outcry about the recession. Bush used the mechanism of tax cut, and whatever he did – he reversed the recession - that is a greater achievement in my eyes. I see it as an amazing demonstration of achievements and leadership in a DIFFICULT situation. If Bill was provided with a delay in forming his cabinet, recession, 9/11 and Katrina he would not have any levelers to deal with the things, but only Republican ways of dealing with reality. He had some balls, but it easy to have a free ride and avoid storms, while it is difficult to be a captain in the midst of a hurricane. There is a lot more chances for mistakes and spontaneous decisions. Especially when the Democratic part of the crew is just whining and crying and blaming the captain.

If your points represent any kind of facts ( you did not show a source) I want to see HOW Democrats were involved. Things could happen only if Dems were not involved.
For instance Median Family Income Up $6,000 since 1993 . How? Could the growth be twice as big, if Democrats did not interfere? Was it the growth which was supposed to happen for 8 years if nobody does a thing?
The point about Hispanics has been laughed at already.
I don’t buy your miracles.

justone said:
This is because you don't see, you don't hear.

It was alredy responded by others, I only want to add my take for you not to hear. I did not vote for Bush with intention not to choose the lesser evil. I guess your views will force me to vote for BUSH lll on the next elections even if I would not like him again.

Your look at the “achievements" is based on:
- Your personal ideal of being a slave: Good Master Bill makes things good. King George Bush does bad things. Your ideal does not work for me.
- Your slave misunderstanding of economy based on your slavery ideal. In economy nothing happens in a moment and nothing happens by Bill’s wish. I want to see reasons and mechanics of the things happening. So far I see Republican submitting and discussing reasons and mechanics, and Democrats promising miracles. It is a very attractive promise, but I am not sold on miracles.
- Therefore you do not want to see that Bill took a free ride on achievements of his predecessors. He cared about the only thing – to keep on riding free. So far I see welfare reform imposed by Reps, and his neglecting of terrorism and military with the only goal not to touch difficult problems were the only “achievements”.
What are Bush’s achievements? As the economy run out of breath, Bush stepped into the office (delayed by your hanging chads suits – another hit on operating mechanics of this country) and he was facing a recession, as the result of Bill’s ride. I saw a big outcry about the recession. Bush used the mechanism of tax cut, and whatever he did – he reversed the recession - that is a greater achievement in my eyes. I see it as an amazing demonstration of achievements and leadership in a DIFFICULT situation. If Bill was provided with a delay in forming his cabinet, recession, 9/11 and Katrina he would not have any levelers to deal with the things, but only Republican ways of dealing with reality. He had some balls, but it easy to have a free ride and avoid storms, while it is difficult to be a captain in the midst of a hurricane. There is a lot more chances for mistakes and spontaneous decisions. Especially when the Democratic part of the crew is just whining and crying and blaming the captain.

If your points represent any kind of facts ( you did not show a source) I want to see HOW Democrats were involved. Things could happen only if Dems were not involved.
For instance Median Family Income Up $6,000 since 1993 . How? Could the growth be twice as big, if Democrats did not interfere? Was it the growth which was supposed to happen for 8 years if nobody does a thing?
The point about Hispanics has been laughed at already.
I don’t buy your miracles.

This, "PerryLogan" is how you debate with reason and logic. Debates with cold natural numbers that prove actually the opposite of what you desperately lunge for, are never a good tactic.

Here are some cold numbers to think about.....28 years of Administrations, 20 of those Republican. Crunch those. Either way it is crunched the voters have voted. Your list is like a third grader showing her mommy her achievements with cursive while mommy runs the household and is communicating with the neighbors. She pats her on the head and say's, "Great job, now let mommy talk with the adults."

PerryLogan said:
Hmmm. The "Dems' failure"? Do tell.

You might want to touch base with reality once in a while, my friends. We're the ones who paid off your world-record-shattering deficit, remember? Our guy turned it into the biggest SURPLUS in American history. Your guy promptly blew it, creating a bigger deficit than all previous Presidents combined.

That's some kinda Democratic failure, huh?

That's a lie the deficit was still 6trillion dollars when Clinton left office all he did was manage not to make the deficit any larger for the year he left office and by the way it's the Congress not the Executive that creates the spending legislation and in Clinton's last term it was a Republican congress. You might want to touch base with reality once in a while. ;)

Last edited:
LaMidRighter said:
I got to thinking about the great Democrat accomplishments during the 19th century and their consequences. Here goes:
1.) Social Security - opened the door to the withholding tax, making paychecks worth 12% less in net than they would be otherwise, also, the contribution required on the employers side requires increases in price, reducing the demand for goods and services.

Yes. And? Forgot to add that it saved a bunch of old people from starving to death.

2.) Gun control - Gun violence in the U.S. against innocent citizens has increased SINCE more legislation has been passed, go figure.

Between 1993 and 1999 gun deaths have declined 27%. Say what?

3.) The New Deal - expanded the role of the federal government, basically nullified the 9th amendment of the constitution and gave the government more control of American's economic lives. Regulation of all types increased steadily after the new deal was passed.

Also provided jobs for over 8 million people. Pretty decent amount of the population back than. One would presume that you were in favor of letting them starve to death?

4.) creation of the FCC - I hear more liberals complaining about this branch of the Bureacracy than conservatives, yet democrat administrations passed it through.

Meh.

5.) environmental reforms - some good, some bad, all expensive, increased price of goods, including gasoline.

Yes. That's one of the better purposes of government. To make people involved in a trasaction pay for the negative externalites of that transaction.

6.) worker's rights movement - very good inroads made in safety and overall working conditions....great start..... has become ridiculous, because of unions many companies no longer exist, the big three automakers are dying because of pensions becoming due and also the very fact that products are no longer of the quality they used to be, not only that, but they are not up to the standards of competing nations products, ditto with electronics.
sub consequence - manufacturing and other mobile jobs going overseas for tax and cost purposes.

I'll agree that unions brought down many industries. But other countries are better at producing industry anyway. So that's where the jobs should go. Free trade and all.

7) The Great Society - created a welfare state that is becoming a huge drain on the economy and injures the very poor that liberals wanted to help. A very expensive way to create government dependence.

Nobody's ever been able to provide any numbers on this. Do you know how many people are overly-dependent on welfare? I would be interested to know. Based off of my experience with welfare, it a pain to get on and even harder to stay on.

8) the progressive income tax - read an economics book, I don't have the time to explain every consequence to this one.

I'll bite. Do you not think people should pay taxes based off of what they are able to pay? 10% flat tax will do a lot more damage to a person making 10K as opposed to 100K

Thank you Democrats for all of these "improvements" to our society among others I can't think of at the moment. Also, thank you to PerryLogan for giving me the idea to post this.
By the way, any liberal ideas to fix all of these problems?
Oh Yeah! Almost forgot, the national debt we are enjoying today came about during a Democratic held Senate and Congress(holders of the "power of the purse") as well as the budget deficits that created it. THNX.

And Bush's solution has been to what? Increase the deficit? Thought so.

Trajan Octavian Titus,

That's a lie the deficit was still 6trillion dollars when Clinton left office all he did was manage not to make the deficit any larger for the year he left office and by the way it's the Congress not the Executive that creates the spending legislation and in Clinton's last term it was a Republican congress. You might want to touch base with reality once in a while.

Tried to tell him that.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
That's a lie the deficit was still 6trillion dollars when Clinton left office all he did was manage not to make the deficit any larger for the year he left office and by the way it's the Congress not the Executive that creates the spending legislation and in Clinton's last term it was a Republican congress. You might want to touch base with reality once in a while. ;)

You're partially correct. The executive office submits the federal budget. Bush's 2007 budget request ran a $354 billion deficit. Congress than approves it. Any guess if a budget from a republican president to a republican congress will be approved? It's as much his fault as it is theirs.

Kelzie,

You're partially correct. The executive office submits the federal budget. Bush's 2007 budget request ran a $354 billion deficit. Congress than approves it. Any guess if a budget from a republican president to a republican congress will be approved? It's as much his fault as it is theirs.

Now this we agree on. You are one step closer to enlightenment.

Back
Top Bottom