• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dems "THINK" they will get power back, huh huh?

KCConservative said:
Hey billo, I've got news for you. Bush poll numbers don't mean anything. He has no other elections to win.

That line just gets funnier and funnier. I can't wait until you use it when Bush hits 20%, then it will really be hilarious. :2wave:

What I've learned about Neocons at this forum:

1. Neocons think it's cool to have monikers with no vowels. Or maybe they have a pathological fear of vowels. Next time I'll log in as prrylgn.

2. Talking with Neocons is exceedingly unpleasant, largely because they seem to have confused political discussion with verbal abuse. Neocons are not so much critics of liberals or liberal policies as anti-liberal bigots, living in a mindless fantasy where the liberals are the Bad Guys, twirling their moustaches and going "Nya-ha-ha-ha-haa!"

A liberal talking to Neocons feels like a Jew talking to a Nazi, or an African American talking to a racist. Liberals have committed the unforgivable thought crime of disagreeing about matters of public policy--and are to be punished with the most incontinent slander possible. If liberals talked about conservatives the way conservatives talk about liberals, the conservatives would poop their pants.

3. Neocons do not know squat about Democrats, liberals, American history, or current events. They live in a masturbatory, white-guy fantasy in which everything they have ever thought and done is right (whereas the opposite is true). This explains their snarky, supercilious tone. For people who have done nothing but screw up, they act like their **** is ice cream.

4. Neocons honest-to-God think they can read the minds of liberals, except the liberals they imagine always come out sounding just like snarky little neocons. This is a pathological thought disorder.

5. Neocons like to spew lots of unsourced stuff about liberals, in which, once again, the liberals sound suspiciously like nasty little Neocons. More projection, more delusional thinking. As far as I can tell, most of what Neocons say about liberals comes straight out of their butts.

6. Neocons have achieved absolutely nothing, yet—in a mind-boggling denial of the laws of cause and effect—they remain completely unaware of this. The rest of the world has noticed, which is why Neocons are probably the most hated minority in the world today.

And after they've been so nice!

7. Neocons seem unaware that they keep making absolute fools of themselves. This argues that they may not be quite as smart as they think. Look at the Marine Guy (you know—the one with no vowels in his moniker?) who keeps inviting everyone to the basement (for what purpose, Mr. Marine?) and telling everyone they're "slaves" because they think differently form His Enlightened Majesty...who, of course, is the smartest guy in the world, seeing well beyond the illusions that entrap the rest of us.

What a flamer!

8. Neocons are pathologically incapable of self-criticism, much less of acknowledging the multifarious and glorious accomplishments of liberalism. This, of course, is another thought disorder. You've gotta love people this crazy.

9. Neocons seem to have a physiological need to gloat about something each and every day. Since nothing they have ever done has ever worked, they are reduced to gloating about their party's treason in the 2004 election.

The Neocons gloat each & every day about their party's treason. What shameless bastards...

Fellas...try to focus. In most circles, treason is something to be ashamed of. If we had a health care system, I'd tell you to get help. You might try prayer or meditation. Your minds are tamasic & you lack discretion.

P.S.: Does anyone have links to a forum with some, uh, smarter neocons? I love the guys here, but there have got to be smarter neocons somewhere. E-mail me. OK?

Last edited:
hipsterdufus said:
That line just gets funnier and funnier. I can't wait until you use it when Bush hits 20%, then it will really be hilarious. :2wave:

Use it when it hits 1 percent. You know what will be the difference? Nothing. He'll still be President.

PerryLogan said:
7. Neocons seem unaware that they keep making absolute fools of themselves. This argues that they may not be quite as smart as they think. Look at the Marine Guy (you know—the one with no vowels in his moniker?) who keeps inviting everyone to the basement (for what purpose, Mr. Marine?) and telling everyone they're "slaves" because they think differently form His Enlightened Majesty...who, of course, is the smartest guy in the world, seeing well beyond the illusions that entrap the rest of us.

What a flamer!

Ummm, I've never invited anyone to the basement....moron. Perhaps senility has creeped up on you without you knowing it.

Using the term "NeoCon" while acting like a Liberal on steroids with no hobbies begs for a commentary on irony. Most of the people making fun of you aren't "NeoCons." How sad for you that America is divided into merely two categories. The term "slave" is reserved for partisan sheep.

There..there, poor fella. Take your pills and lie down. The nurse will be in to change your diaper shortly.

Last edited:
Thanks. I feel much better. Is this the blond nurse, or the one who looks like J-Lo?

Quick reality check: Repeating falsehoods does make them true. George W. Bush is not & has never been President.

Last edited:
PerryLogan,

GySgt has never invited anyone to the basement. But I have and shall again. So... Will you be coming downstairs?

PerryLogan said:

1. Neocons think it's cool to have monikers with no vowels. Or maybe they have a pathological fear of vowels. Next time I'll log in as prrylgn.

2. Talking with Neocons is exceedingly unpleasant, largely because they seem to have confused political discussion with verbal abuse. Neocons are not so much critics of liberals or liberal policies as anti-liberal bigots, living in a mindless fantasy where the liberals are the Bad Guys, twirling their moustaches and going "Nya-ha-ha-ha-haa!"

A liberal talking to Neocons feels like a Jew talking to a Nazi, or an African American talking to a racist. Liberals have committed the unforgivable thought crime of disagreeing about matters of public policy--and are to be punished with the most incontinent slander possible. If liberals talked about conservatives the way conservatives talk about liberals, the conservatives would poop their pants.

3. Neocons do not know squat about Democrats, liberals, American history, or current events. They live in a masturbatory, white-guy fantasy in which everything they have ever thought and done is right (whereas the opposite is true). This explains their snarky, supercilious tone. For people who have done nothing but screw up, they act like their **** is ice cream.

4. Neocons honest-to-God think they can read the minds of liberals, except the liberals they imagine always come out sounding just like snarky little neocons. This is a pathological thought disorder.

5. Neocons like to spew lots of unsourced stuff about liberals, in which, once again, the liberals sound suspiciously like nasty little Neocons. More projection, more delusional thinking. As far as I can tell, most of what Neocons say about liberals comes straight out of their butts.

6. Neocons have achieved absolutely nothing, yet—in a mind-boggling denial of the laws of cause and effect—they remain completely unaware of this. The rest of the world has noticed, which is why Neocons are probably the most hated minority in the world today.

And after they've been so nice!

What a flamer!

8. Neocons are pathologically incapable of self-criticism, much less of acknowledging the multifarious and glorious accomplishments of liberalism. This, of course, is another thought disorder. You've gotta love people this crazy.

9. Neocons seem to have a physiological need to gloat about something each and every day. Since nothing they have ever done has ever worked, they are reduced to gloating about their party's treason in the 2004 election.

The Neocons gloat each & every day about their party's treason. What shameless bastards...

Fellas...try to focus. In most circles, treason is something to be ashamed of. If we had a health care system, I'd tell you to get help. You might try prayer or meditation. Your minds are tamasic & you lack discretion.

P.S.: Does anyone have links to a forum with some, uh, smarter neocons? I love the guys here, but there have got to be smarter neocons somewhere. E-mail me. OK?
Any Liberals on this forum wanna take care of this one?...

OK, it was Ivan who wants to take me down to the basement. Keep your hands to yourself, big guy.

cnredd, why did you paste in my post & then write one dinky sentence? You sound confused, as usual.

Try to focus: liberals wouldn't have to "handle" this post, would they? They can just laugh & agree.

PerryLogan said:
Thanks. I feel much better. Is this the blond nurse, or the one who looks like J-Lo?

Quick reality check: Repeating falsehoods does make them true. George W. Bush is not & has never been President.

Any Liberals want to come to this guy's rescue? He's one of yours.

Oh Perry,

What are you afraid of? It 'll be... fun...

GySgt,

Any Liberals want to come to this guy's rescue? He's one of yours.

I don't think anyone wants anything to do with him. I would love to see how they help.

Once again, the Neocons are thrown into disarray, crying out for someone to help them deal with me.

Hey everyone! The Worst Administration Ever™ has socred yet another first! Job growth over the last five years is the weakest in Americvan history!

In other news, US manufacturing lost 2.9 million jobs, almost 17% of the manufacturing work force.

Communications equipment lost 43% of its workforce. Semiconductors and electronic components lost 37% of its workforce. The workforce in computers and electronic products declined 30%. Electrical equipment and appliances lost 25% of its employees. The workforce in motor vehicles and parts declined 12%. Furniture and related products lost 17% of its jobs. Apparel manufacturers lost almost half of the work force. Employment in textile mills declined 43%. Paper and paper products lost one-fifth of its jobs. The work force in plastics and rubber products declined by 15%. Even manufacturers of beverages and tobacco products experienced a 7% shrinkage in jobs.

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts02112006.html

Go Neocons! No wonder yall gloat so much.

PerryLogan said:
OK, it was Ivan who wants to take me down to the basement. Keep your hands to yourself, big guy.
This would be the senility kicking in.
PerryLogan said:
cnredd, why did you paste in my post & then write one dinky sentence? You sound confused, as usual.
How can an individual read a sentence and then say it "sounded" like something? More senility.
PerryLogan said:
Try to focus: liberals wouldn't have to "handle" this post, would they? They can just laugh & agree.
I think they would mostly stay clear as to not be cast into your characterization. The Liberals on this site tend to be more intelligent than to be a part of the lunatic rantings of a senile old man, of course, with exception to "Billo." I'm sure he would take part.

PerryLogan said:

Actually I was the one who defined you as a slave (not exactly my wording), I defineted you as a slave not because you think differently from the Marine. In a number of cases I myself think differently from him. I based my definition on my observation of your words and behaviour. You should call me a Neocon whatever it means. It may push me to affiliate myself to a party, which I have been avoiding for years. I guess, Neocons is your name for Conservatives. I guess I should get my butt off and go and vote the next time.

GySgt said:
The Liberals on this site tend to be more intelligent than to be a part of the lunatic rantings of a senile old man, of course, with exception to "Billo." I'm sure he would take part.

In my personal experience Liberals are a lot more intellegent and have a lot more dignity. I have VERY liberal friends.
And I would give some credit to ''Billo'', he often brings good fun to this site.
I would be missing him.

PerryLogan said:
Once again, the Neocons are thrown into disarray, crying out for someone to help them deal with me.

Hey everyone! The Worst Administration Ever™ has socred yet another first! Job growth over the last five years is the weakest in Americvan history!

In other news, US manufacturing lost 2.9 million jobs, almost 17% of the manufacturing work force.

Communications equipment lost 43% of its workforce. Semiconductors and electronic components lost 37% of its workforce. The workforce in computers and electronic products declined 30%. Electrical equipment and appliances lost 25% of its employees. The workforce in motor vehicles and parts declined 12%. Furniture and related products lost 17% of its jobs. Apparel manufacturers lost almost half of the work force. Employment in textile mills declined 43%. Paper and paper products lost one-fifth of its jobs. The work force in plastics and rubber products declined by 15%. Even manufacturers of beverages and tobacco products experienced a 7% shrinkage in jobs.

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts02112006.html

Go Neocons! No wonder yall gloat so much.

Wow, you do need a hobby. The funny thing is that no matter how many headlines and articles you desperately seek, nothing will change the fact that the Republicans have owned the White House for 20 of the last 28 years. Maybe that's why "NeoCons" gloat. Seems to me that producing headlines doesn't matter to them. It's a tactic for the desperate and for the lost. As cnredd has said, there are two things needed to be a successful politician: Prove the other guy a failure and prove where you can do better. So far you are a shining example of what the Democratic Party is......merely producing headlines to desperately prove the other guy wrong. Way to go.

justone said:
In my personal experience Liberals are a lot more intellegent and have a lot more dignity. I have VERY liberal friends.
And I would give some credit to ''Billo'', he often brings good fun to this site.
I would be missing him.

Yeah, but throwing daggers at Billo is fun, no matter the thread.

Kelzie said:
Yes. And? Forgot to add that it saved a bunch of old people from starving to death.
Welfare in itself is not a problem, I understand a temporary fix to help people who may have gotten a temporary run of extremely bad luck, the Great Society version is more or less an unfettered program that is easy to abuse and allows for little or no personal accountability on behalf of the beneficiary, in the worst case scenario it creates a dependency towards the program and becomes a drain.

Between 1993 and 1999 gun deaths have declined 27%. Say what?
Overall maybe, but where are the most murders committed? in big cities where crime has increased, including murder, many committed with filed guns. Notice I mentioned violence against the innocent. Also, this decline comes after a spike in the 60's/70's when gun control was introduced.

Also provided jobs for over 8 million people. Pretty decent amount of the population back than. One would presume that you were in favor of letting them starve to death?
Actually, the New Deal did little for employment outside of temporary government contracts. The U.S. economy really didn't get a good kickstart until we entered WWII, wars typically increase market production due to the need for military goods, services, and technologies. But if you want to believe the New Deal did more good than harm to our country, be my guest.

I'll agree that unions brought down many industries. But other countries are better at producing industry anyway. So that's where the jobs should go. Free trade and all.
Many of the reasons that these countries are better at these industries is because of the lack of unions on their part, this is why I don't feel sorry for many of the people who get outsourced, how many of them won't work for two to three dollars more than minimum wage, or won't do certain jobs, complain about vacation time or benefits, etc. For instance, I am skilled in radio and make little money, however I have opportunities to advance and have gotten an unrequested raise for the fact that I give 100% to the company and don't complain, unions, on the other hand will stop work to bully a company into compliance, much of the time for a perk that skill levels don't necessarily give leverage for.

Nobody's ever been able to provide any numbers on this. Do you know how many people are overly-dependent on welfare? I would be interested to know. Based off of my experience with welfare, it a pain to get on and even harder to stay on.
I admit that it is hard to quantify, partly becuase the idea of reforming the system is a new idea. As far as your case goes, I don't doubt that your household didn't want to need it, however I see a pride in you that I don't see in some people on the program.

I'll bite. Do you not think people should pay taxes based off of what they are able to pay? 10% flat tax will do a lot more damage to a person making 10K as opposed to 100K
No, I don't think people should be penalized for taking risks, or investing, or just plain working hard, in fact, I love when people find legal loopholes to the tax structure because I know it gets under the skin of high tax advocates. Why is it fair to take from someone just because they have more? And Why should my hard work be "rewarded" by someone putting their hands in my pockets every chance they get, at higher percentages than people who don't invest in themselves, fact is, people in higher brackets have paid in blood, sweat, and tears and then a segment of society then demands they also kick in money.

And Bush's solution has been to what? Increase the deficit? Thought so.
Well, there is no excuse for more spending, and I am not making excuses for that behavior, but unfortunately America has an entitlement mentality right now and people who want to stop spending get demonized........by the left.

Sigh...more strange, unsourced commentary on Democrats that someone pulled out of his butt. & the Dems always sound just like something a neocon would make up. It's so cute the way you guys do that.

I'm still hoping someone can point me toward some smarter neocons. They can't all possibly be this pathetic.

Of course, anyone who voted TWICE for The Worst President Ever™ is gonna be pretty lame.

Why yes, like any rational person, I can see at a glance the Dems will get back into power, & mighty soon. If you travel outside the bubble of disinformation in which neocons dwell, you'll see that the American people are demanding it. I'm just trying to reduce the shock for you when your delusions are shattered.

Don't worry. We're liberals. We won't disenfranchise you. We won't torture you. Probably.

But you are going to jail. Then we will herd the Republicans into the states where incest is legal. They can have their own country, consisting mostly of snarky white males of subnormal intelligence. Without the left to rip off, the right won't last five minutes.

Fellow scholars, it's just an historical reality that no one--even people as obviously brilliant as Bush & Cheney--stays in power forever. Incompetents stay in power only a very short time. Incompetent, criminal traitors stay in power for only a second.

This is reality. You see how it works? Try reading some books.

Yes Virginina, the charming right-wingers at this forum are coveirn gtheir ears & humming loudly as reality closes in. The Democrats will soon be back in power--at which point the whole Republican Party goes to jail. The whole world will explode with joy at the end of this Republican bummer.

By the way, the infant mortality rate is starting to go up, for the first time in 40 years. This after the last elected American President, Bill Clinton, got it down to the lowest rate in history. (All together now: THANK YOU, BILL!)

Hmm...the Republicans are in power; the babies are starting to die. Not a good sign.

The Republican Party has screwed up past the imagination of God. It would be funny if people weren't getting hurt.

By the way, it has come to my attention the Neocons here don't understand a word I've said so far. It's gone right over their heads, as their weird attempts to respond make clear.

I'm sorry. I forgot: Neocons are tremendously dumb. They don't know it because they have inflated egos. Just look at the drill-sergeant dude--my personal favorite here--who keeps referring to people much smarter than he as "slaves." The man obviously thinks he's brilliant. What a flamer.

Anyway, I'll work on simplifying my vocabulary, reducing syntactic complexity & periphrastic redundancy, minimizing my use of abstruse figures of speech, esoteric allusions, & mulitlingual puns. If it reas like "Dick & Jane," maybe the conservative guys will understand it.

Calm down. Just pulling your leg. At least I'm not repeating vicious slander authored by psychopaths at the RNC. Most of what y'all have said about Democrats in this thread is bullshit made up by psychos at the RNC. Your whole thing is a fraud.

The "President" is even starting to use his core power base of white males of subnormal intelligence! Only the really slow learners still support him now. Awwww!

The Republican Party is on the verge of total collapse. They still berate Democrats for not having "any ideas" -- which may or may not be true -- however the GOP's problems eclipse the notion of nothingness. The American people have experienced the full weight of Republican "ideas" and are rejecting them lock-stock-and-barrel. There's only one "idea" left in the GOP's 2006 playbook: Extreme Desperation!

What else to call it when, after nearly four years of absolute control over every branch of federal government and approaching an election, all Republicans have to offer is, "Vote for us -- we won't impeach George W. Bush." That's it! That is their new rallying cry, their message, the only issue they have to offer the American people: Vote for us, we won't impeach!

http://progressivedailybeacon.com/commentary.php?id=1046

Last edited:
PerryLogan said:
Sigh! More people who don't know doodley-squat about Democrats saying nasty things about Democrats...

Maybe there are smarter neocons somewhere. They can't all possibly be this silly...

Why yes, like any rational person, I do believe the Dems will get back into power, & mighty soon. It's just an historical reality: no one stays in power forever. Incompetents stay in power only a very short time. Incompetent, criminal traitors stay in power for only a second.

You see how it works?

Yes, as sure as the sun rises in the morning, the Democrats will get back in power, at which point the whole Republican Party goes to jail.

There will be dancing on the streets that day, my friends. I'm looking forward to it, though I suppose you're not...

The Republican Party has screwed up past the imagination of God. It would be funny if people weren't getting hurt.

By the way, it has come to my attention the Neocons here don't understand a word I've said so far. It's gone right over their heads, as their weird attempts to respond make clear.

I'm sorry. I forgot: Neocons are tremendously dumb. They don't know it because they have inflated egos. Just look at the drill-sergeant dude--my personal favorite here--who keeps referring to people much smarter than he as "slaves." The man obviously thinks he's brilliant. What a flamer.

Anyway, I'll work on simplifying my vocabulary, reducing syntactic complexity & periphrastic redundancy, minimizing my use of abstruse figures of speech, esoteric allusions, & mulitlingual puns. If it reas like "Dick & Jane," maybe the conservative guys will understand it.

Calm down. Just pulling your leg. At least I'm not repeating vicious slander authored by psychopaths at the RNC. Most of what y'all have said about Democrats in this thread is bullshit made up by psychos at the RNC. Your whole thing is a fraud.

The "President" is even starting to use his core power base of white males of subnormal intelligence! Only the really slow learners still support him now. Awwww!

http://progressivedailybeacon.com/commentary.php?id=1046

Here are some tips to keep in mind when your baby is teething:

*Wipe your baby's face often with a cloth to remove the drool and prevent rashes from developing.
*Place a clean, flat cloth under the baby's head during sleep to catch the drool. This way, you'll only have to change the cloth when it gets wet, not the whole sheet.
*Give your baby something to chew on. Make sure it's big enough so that he or she can't swallow it and that it can't break into small pieces. A wet washcloth placed in the freezer for 30 minutes makes a handy teething aid - just be sure to wash it after each use. Rubber teething rings are also good, but avoid the ones with liquid inside because they may break. If you use a teething ring, be sure to take it out of the freezer before it becomes rock hard - you don't want to bruise those already swollen gums!
*Rub your baby's gums with a clean finger.
*Never tie a teething ring around a baby's neck, as it could get caught on something and strangle the baby.
*If your baby seems irritable, acetaminophen may help - but always consult your child's doctor first. Never place an aspirin against the tooth, and don't rub whiskey on your baby's gums.

FlipBird1.jpg

Same to you, big guy!

Last edited:
PerryLogan said:
Sigh...more strange, unsourced commentary on Democrats that someone pulled out of his butt. & the Dems always sound just like something a neocon would make up. It's so cute the way you guys do that.

I'm still hoping someone can point me toward some smarter neocons. They can't all possibly be this pathetic.
Actually, I used history, economic principle, common sense(lacking in many fringe liberals), parts of my college education, constitutional reasoning and principles from my political science and civics courses. BTW, smarter conservatives? I carry a 145 IQ(borderline genius) and happen to have a different view on things, but I guess because we on the right disagree you assume foolishly that we are stupid, you know what they say about assumptions.

Of course, anyone who voted TWICE for The Worst President Ever™ is gonna be pretty lame.
Actually, the worst president would be Jimmy Carter, double digit inflation, unemployment, and gas shortages just on the domestic front, if that weren't bad enough there was that whole middle east hostage thing.

Why yes, like any rational person, I can see at a glance the Dems will get back into power, & mighty soon. If you travel outside the bubble of disinformation in which neocons dwell, you'll see that the American people are demanding it. I'm just trying to reduce the shock for you when your delusions are shattered.
Just like the last senate race, the last house race, Al Gore for president, and John Kerry Heinz presidential predictions. Yeah, you guys are batting 1.000 right now. :roll:

Don't worry. We're liberals. We won't disenfranchise you. We won't torture you. Probably.
Every time I hear a radical leftist it's torture, and yes liberals own the trademark on disenfranchisement, military absentee vote battles come to mind. Oh yeah, one more thing, the dead can't legally vote, remember that.

But you are going to jail. Then we will herd the Republicans into the states where incest is legal. They can have their own country, consisting mostly of snarky white males of subnormal intelligence. Without the left to rip off, the right won't last five minutes.
Real quick, since you leftists are so brilliant. How do you fix poverty? How do you fix the middle east? How do you maintain an economy? Outsourcing? Where's your plan?

This is reality. You see how it works? Try reading some books.
Maybe I'm just a brainwashed conservative here, but it seems that your line of thinking is a bit on the "groupthink" side, which is the exact opposite of reality.

Oh we understand, it's just that we don't pay attention to ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments.

Pot, meet kettle.

LaMidRighter said:
Welfare in itself is not a problem, I understand a temporary fix to help people who may have gotten a temporary run of extremely bad luck, the Great Society version is more or less an unfettered program that is easy to abuse and allows for little or no personal accountability on behalf of the beneficiary, in the worst case scenario it creates a dependency towards the program and becomes a drain.

I may be thinking of a different social security, but to my understanding you get back what you put it. Is that incorrect? If it's correct, I certainly don't see how that's a dependency on the system.

Overall maybe, but where are the most murders committed? in big cities where crime has increased, including murder, many committed with filed guns. Notice I mentioned violence against the innocent. Also, this decline comes after a spike in the 60's/70's when gun control was introduced.

I'm not quite sure this makes sense. Gun death has dropped 27% from 93-99, most gun deaths are in cities, but murder has increased in big cities. One of these numbers is wrong, and I got mine from the FBI. Would you mind posting some data?

Actually, the New Deal did little for employment outside of temporary government contracts. The U.S. economy really didn't get a good kickstart until we entered WWII, wars typically increase market production due to the need for military goods, services, and technologies. But if you want to believe the New Deal did more good than harm to our country, be my guest.

The New Deal point blank created more that 8 million jobs. If you think that's a bad thing, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Although I do agree WWII did more for the economy, however, starting a war is never a good idea to get out of a depression. They did the best they could and it worked for a lot of people.

Many of the reasons that these countries are better at these industries is because of the lack of unions on their part, this is why I don't feel sorry for many of the people who get outsourced, how many of them won't work for two to three dollars more than minimum wage, or won't do certain jobs, complain about vacation time or benefits, etc. For instance, I am skilled in radio and make little money, however I have opportunities to advance and have gotten an unrequested raise for the fact that I give 100% to the company and don't complain, unions, on the other hand will stop work to bully a company into compliance, much of the time for a perk that skill levels don't necessarily give leverage for.

Great we're in agreement. Go free trade!

I admit that it is hard to quantify, partly becuase the idea of reforming the system is a new idea. As far as your case goes, I don't doubt that your household didn't want to need it, however I see a pride in you that I don't see in some people on the program.

How many people do you know on the system? I can bet I knew more. And none of them were the lazy slobs they were characterized to be. A lot were recently divorced mothers (like my mom). Some were laid off workers. All had to be actively looking for a job or enrolled in school.

No, I don't think people should be penalized for taking risks, or investing, or just plain working hard, in fact, I love when people find legal loopholes to the tax structure because I know it gets under the skin of high tax advocates. Why is it fair to take from someone just because they have more? And Why should my hard work be "rewarded" by someone putting their hands in my pockets every chance they get, at higher percentages than people who don't invest in themselves, fact is, people in higher brackets have paid in blood, sweat, and tears and then a segment of society then demands they also kick in money.

They're not penalized for making money. They're contributing as much to the system as a poor person. They just have more to give until the effects are the same. Look at it this way. Say a college kid making $200/week gives $100 to a charity. Some business person making 4K a week would have to given even more than 2K to equal the amount of loss that the college kid took from giving half his salary. It's all about ability to pay.

Well, there is no excuse for more spending, and I am not making excuses for that behavior, but unfortunately America has an entitlement mentality right now and people who want to stop spending get demonized........by the left.

Bah. That's just cause they want to stop spending on the wrong programs. Insurance for poor kids. Programs to make dead-beat dads pay child supports. Those are not the cuts that we need to make. Now the hundreds of billions of dollars that the government gives to industries in the form of price supports...those I would agree should be cut. But most of the left probably wouldn't agree with me.

Last edited:
Kelzie said:
I may be thinking of a different social security, but to my understanding you get back what you put it. Is that incorrect? If it's correct, I certainly don't see how that's a dependency on the system.
I goofed, I thought we were talking about welfare. Actually, under current SS you will not recieve what you have put in, rather current workers will pay your pension, the current rate of return from withholding is around 1%, most annuities and other private options guarantee 2% in the worst economies, meaning that government can't do the job as well as the individual. The big problem with SS in my opinion however is the far reaching implication of more government, much like most of the New Deal programs.

I'm not quite sure this makes sense. Gun death has dropped 27% from 93-99, most gun deaths are in cities, but murder has increased in big cities. One of these numbers is wrong, and I got mine from the FBI. Would you mind posting some data?
I am not talking about a sum total here, but victimization has in fact increased since gun control has been applied. And too, like I stated, the decrease comes after a spike which came after gun control became a hot issue. I'll see what I can find if you need data though.

The New Deal point blank created more that 8 million jobs. If you think that's a bad thing, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Although I do agree WWII did more for the economy, however, starting a war is never a good idea to get out of a depression. They did the best they could and it worked for a lot of people.
Government contracts yes, like building a bridge, a dam, etc. these by nature are temporary jobs, I stand by my statement. Also, the New Deal did not bring us out of the depression, WWII did that.

How many people do you know on the system? I can bet I knew more. And none of them were the lazy slobs they were characterized to be. A lot were recently divorced mothers (like my mom). Some were laid off workers. All had to be actively looking for a job or enrolled in school.
Try my mother's side of the family, most of them don't work and don't try, they are mostly retirement age now so they have been on the system for years. I in no way said that everyone or a provable majority was abusing the system, just stating that it used to be easier and those that don't need it are a drain on resources.

They're not penalized for making money. They're contributing as much to the system as a poor person. They just have more to give until the effects are the same. Look at it this way. Say a college kid making $200/week gives $100 to a charity. Some business person making 4K a week would have to given even more than 2K to equal the amount of loss that the college kid took from giving half his salary. It's all about ability to pay.
They're not? after you pass the poverty level under the progressive income tax you pay income taxes, and then once you get into the upper middle class you pay a high percentage, usually 35-38%, this is before state income tax and miscellaneous taxation. This means that if I work my buns off to make 205K a year I would be worse off than if I slacked off and made 85K, and I would still be paying more taxes than if I would clear 26K percentage wise, but I guess that would be okay with some people because I "won life's lottery". The question. Why should I be more productive if somebody takes more of my hard earned money?

Bah. That's just cause they want to stop spending on the wrong programs. Insurance for poor kids. Programs to make dead-beat dads pay child supports. Those are not the cuts that we need to make. Now the hundreds of billions of dollars that the government gives to industries in the form of price supports...those I would agree should be cut. But most of the left probably wouldn't agree with me.
I feel sorry for people who fall under bad circumstances, but have no pity on people who make bad choices and expect the government to bail them out on my dime. If you think that's heartless your entitled to your opinion, but my efforts are for my advancement, my monetary benefit, and my problems.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/guns.htm

Offenders

According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from -

a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%

During the offense that brought them to prison, 15% of State inmates and 13% of Federal inmates carried a handgun, and about 2%, a military-style semiautomatic gun.
On average, State inmates possessing a firearm received sentences of 18 years, while those without a weapon had an average sentence of 12 years.
Among prisoners carrying a firearm during their crime, 40% of State inmates and 56% of Federal inmates received a sentence enhancement because of the firearm.
There's a point to be made from this segment of the linked page. 80% of handgun crimes were obtained without a reciept, I will bet that most of those were from illegal sources, which would go to the heart of my arguments against gun control, the laws only apply to those who obey laws in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom