• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems starting to panic

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Interesting article which is probably the best news that Obama can get. Our Campaigner in Chief can only demonize and not lead.

If the Republicans take over the Congress he will return to his comfort zone of attacking Republicans on every topic adn ignore the failures of the Democrats that led to the takeover of Congress.

Obviously Obama is no leader but instead someone who delegates responsibility. He is never responsible for any results and always blames others for his own failures.

That by definition eliminates him from consideration as a leader and thus makes him unqualified to be the President of the United States, a position that requires a leader. A true leader delegates authority to get things done but never delegates responsibility when the people in charge that he put there fail. Responsibility is something that can never be delegated by any leader.

Midterm Elections: Democrats Start to Fear Senate Losses - TIME

Interesting article which is probably the best news that Obama can get. Our Campaigner in Chief can only demonize and not lead.

If the Republicans take over the Congress he will return to his comfort zone of attacking Republicans on every topic adn ignore the failures of the Democrats that led to the takeover of Congress.

Obviously Obama is no leader but instead someone who delegates responsibility. He is never responsible for any results and always blames others for his own failures.

That by definition eliminates him from consideration as a leader and thus makes him unqualified to be the President of the United States, a position that requires a leader. A true leader delegates authority to get things done but never delegates responsibility when the people in charge that he put there fail. Responsibility is something that can never be delegated by any leader.

This is just an example of playing chicago style politics in Washington D.C. It just doesnt work!

This is just an example of playing chicago style politics in Washington D.C. It just doesnt work!

Very true, since Obama started campaigning for his next job it has always been Chicago Politics in action, search and destroy anyone that disagrees with you. that isn't leadership and Obama is every bit as bad as I thought he would be. How anyone can see it differently is beyond me.

Very true, since Obama started campaigning for his next job it has always been Chicago Politics in action, search and destroy anyone that disagrees with you. that isn't leadership and Obama is every bit as bad as I thought he would be. How anyone can see it differently is beyond me.

I agree! Anyone who has not read a good book on the Chicago political machine and/or the scandal of the 1968 presidential election wouldnt have a clue as to what Obama is doing when it comes to attacking other people and not the argument or issue itself.

It follows something like this for example:
Opposition: "This spending has too much wasteful spending! Over 300 billion dollars in money going to research in determining the origins of the sasquatch!"
Obama: "This response from you is simply made in the fashion of 'I dont want to work with you at all! Partisan politics is your tune and you play it well!' Oh and by the way your mother is a Wh*re!"

I, like you, dont see how anyone can ignore this or dismiss it!

Last edited:

.... :funny

.... :funny

LOL, another "centrist" that cannot take a stand on any issue yet continues to support the empty suit in the WH. I always thought that a centrist looks at both sides of the issue. Haven't found a professed centrist capable of looking at the opposite side of the Obama agenda. All I ever see are defenders of the indefensible.

donc, the facts at bea.gov, bls.gov, and U.S. Treasury show why the Democrats are in trouble and why Obama supporters don't have a lot of credibility.

Sorry about that, it took me a while too but eventually it worked. You can also go to the American Spectator site and search using the title.

LOL, another "centrist" that cannot take a stand on any issue yet continues to support the empty suit in the WH. I always thought that a centrist looks at both sides of the issue. Haven't found a professed centrist capable of looking at the opposite side of the Obama agenda. All I ever see are defenders of the indefensible.

donc, the facts at bea.gov, bls.gov, and U.S. Treasury show why the Democrats are in trouble and why Obama supporters don't have a lot of credibility.

They will probably loose a few seats in the House and Senate, after all that is the history of the mid-term but and there is always a butt. This time it is the size of an Elephants a**.Tell me, when the repugs go home to campaign what are they going to campaign on?

Could they go back to their districts and say I was against extending unemployment but I am for letting the bush tax cuts for the wealth stand and let the unemployed fend for themselves?Lotsa luck with that one.:2wave:

They will probably loose a few seats in the House and Senate, after all that is the history of the mid-term but and there is always a butt. This time it is the size of an Elephants a**.Tell me, when the repugs go home to campaign what are they going to campaign on?

Could they go back to their districts and say I was against extending unemployment but I am for letting the bush tax cuts for the wealth stand and let the unemployed fend for themselves?Lotsa luck with that one.:2wave:

Hope so and use facts to back up their statement. How long do you think unemployment benefits should be paid? Today that limit is 99 weeks, almost 2 years. Think you could get a job in 99 weeks. Obama has to appeal to the ignorant that ignore that current timeline.

Then regarding the tax cuts all they have to do is point out performance. Tax revenue went up after ALL taxpayers got a tax cut as did economic growth and they went down after the so called Obama tax cuts. Those are the facts that you don't want to even research.

Obviously you are someone that wasn't working when the Bush tax cuts were implemented in July 2003 for if you were your paycheck went up and that was evident in every check to the present. Are you rich?

Hope so and use facts to back up their statement. How long do you think unemployment benefits should be paid? Today that limit is 99 weeks, almost 2 years. Think you could get a job in 99 weeks. Obama has to appeal to the ignorant that ignore that current timeline.

Then regarding the tax cuts all they have to do is point out performance. Tax revenue went up after ALL taxpayers got a tax cut as did economic growth and they went down after the so called Obama tax cuts. Those are the facts that you don't want to even research.

Obviously you are someone that wasn't working when the Bush tax cuts were implemented in July 2003 for if you were your paycheck went up and that was evident in every check to the present. Are you rich?

What possible facts could they point out to back up a position that says sorry Charlie were here to put you on state welfare rolls(which we cut money for).

Then say we want the tax rates for the top 1% to continue rather than revert back to the historic levels where they should have never bumped from to begin with.:shock:

What possible facts could they point out to back up a position that says sorry Charlie were here to put you on state welfare rolls(which we cut money for).

Then say we want the tax rates for the top 1% to continue rather than revert back to the historic levels where they should have never bumped from to begin with.:shock:

The fact that unemployment payments were supposed to be temporary and two years plus an extension was never the intent. I thought the Obama stimulus plan was supposed to solve the unemployment problem. Wonder why an additional 4 million people are unemployed and another million dropped out of the labor market AFTER the stimulus plan was signed into law? Hmmm, by the way, didn't see an answer to my question, how long should anyone expect unemployment benefits?

Since the top 5% pay over 50% of the taxes in this country and 47% pay no income taxes, tax cuts should go to those that pay taxes and it doesn't bother me that those so called rich get a larger amount since the percentage reduction is the same. why do you hate rich people so much and believe they should fund welfare to the other 47% that don't pay taxes? Is that really fair? Unless tax cuts are part of a new package ALL taxpayers are going to get a tax increase when the Bush tax cuts expire.

The fact that unemployment payments were supposed to be temporary and two years plus an extension was never the intent. I thought the Obama stimulus plan was supposed to solve the unemployment problem. Wonder why an additional 4 million people are unemployed and another million dropped out of the labor market AFTER the stimulus plan was signed into law? Hmmm, by the way, didn't see an answer to my question, how long should anyone expect unemployment benefits?

Since the top 5% pay over 50% of the taxes in this country and 47% pay no income taxes, tax cuts should go to those that pay taxes and it doesn't bother me that those so called rich get a larger amount since the percentage reduction is the same. why do you hate rich people so much and believe they should fund welfare to the other 47% that don't pay taxes? Is that really fair? Unless tax cuts are part of a new package ALL taxpayers are going to get a tax increase when the Bush tax cuts expire.

Wonder why an additional 4 million people are unemployed,

Hmm …quite a coincidence isn’t it that is almost the same amount of unemployed that Bush lost in 2008 alone…scary. :shock:

Of course I guess that could be a campaign topic that the wingers could use except for the ugly little fact that the dems could point out that could also lead to returning to a system that led to the loss of almost one million fewer jobs after eight years of incompetent republican leadership….even more scary.:shock::shock:

Hmmm, by the way, didn't see an answer to my question, how long should anyone expect unemployment benefits?

How about till they get a job…are at least as long as the bush tax-cuts were in effect.;)

[QUOTE said:
donc;1058866240]Hmm …quite a coincidence isn’t it that is almost the same amount of unemployed that Bush lost in 2008 alone…scary. :shock:

So Bush lost all those jobs without any help from Congress? Any idea why the taxpayers funded Congressional Reps that allowed that to happen? thought the stimulus plan was supposed to stop unemployment from happening? By the way are discouraged workers unemployed and what was that number in 2008? Unemployment plus discouraged workers plus a trillion dollar stimulus doesn't bode well for Obama performance, does it?

Of course I guess that could be a campaign topic that the wingers could use except for the ugly little fact that the dems could point out that could also lead to returning to a system that led to the loss of almost one million fewer jobs after eight years of incompetent republican leadership….even more scary.:shock::shock:

How about till they get a job…are at least as long as the bush tax-cuts were in effect.;)

Looks like Obama is going to blow all those numbers out of the water, he already exceeded the entire Reagan debt by double and did so in two years. Amazing how poorly educated so many Americans are that they buy the Obama rhetoric in spite of all the lies. You really need to take a civics and economics class.

So we should pay unemployment benefits until someone finds a job? Interesting that personal responsibility doesn't have a place in your world. As for the Bush tax cuts, you really hate keeping more of your money, don't you or could it be you are one of the 47% that don't pay any income taxes thus want to live off the rest of us that do?

Conservative

So Bush lost all those jobs without any help from Congress? Any idea why the taxpayers funded Congressional Reps that allowed that to happen? thought the stimulus plan was supposed to stop unemployment from happening? By the way are discouraged workers unemployed and what was that number in 2008? Unemployment plus discouraged workers plus a trillion dollar stimulus doesn't bode well for Obama performance, does it?

It might cost a few seats but seeing as the wingers have nothing. It looks like it wont be as bad as if they had something beside a resounding no on everything put forth.

Looks like Obama is going to blow all those numbers out of the water, he already exceeded the entire Reagan debt by double and did so in two years. Amazing how poorly educated so many Americans are that they buy the Obama rhetoric in spite of all the lies. You really need to take a civics and economics class.

So we should pay unemployment benefits until someone finds a job?

Hey, you ask for an answer if you don’t like it…. so sorry.

Interesting that personal responsibility doesn't have a place in your world. As for the Bush tax cuts, you really hate keeping more of your money, don't you or could it be you are one of the 47% that don't pay any income taxes thus want to live off the rest of us that do?

Might be a good subject for another thread....possibly a poll.In the meantime here is something for you take a look at.:2wave:

1-25-05bud-f1.jpg

Donc, What a bunch of BS! Better get on a plane, go to D.C. meet with the Treasury Department and tell them their numbers are screwed up. Govt. revenue GREW after the Bush tax cuts and that can be found on the Treasury Site. How can anything that grows revenue cause a deficit? Stop making a fool out of yourself and realize CBO isn't the gospel, the Treasury actual data is. CBO takes the assumptions given them and makes projections, they were wrong as the Treasury shows. The Bush tax rate cut took affect in July 2003.

You buy anything that you think makes you look good but you never think where the data comes from. Wouldn't you think that the U.S.Treasury which is the checkbook of the United States, takes in the revenue and pays the bills wouldn't be better than CBO? Your chart above is the usual projections that fly in the face of actual numbers.

Donc, What a bunch of BS! Better get on a plane, go to D.C. meet with the Treasury Department and tell them their numbers are screwed up. Govt. revenue GREW after the Bush tax cuts and that can be found on the Treasury Site. How can anything that grows revenue cause a deficit? Stop making a fool out of yourself and realize CBO isn't the gospel, the Treasury actual data is. CBO takes the assumptions given them and makes projections, they were wrong as the Treasury shows. The Bush tax rate cut took affect in July 2003.

You buy anything that you think makes you look good but you never think where the data comes from. Wouldn't you think that the U.S.Treasury which is the checkbook of the United States, takes in the revenue and pays the bills wouldn't be better than CBO? Your chart above is the usual projections that fly in the face of actual numbers.

That was a 2005 chart, the budget director at that time was Douglas Holtz-Eakin.He has a PH.D in economics from Princeton. Served as a Staff Economist for George the first ,was Economic adviser for the Maverick and sister Sarah,s failed run for the Presidency.

The real cherry on this cake is that in 2010 he became President of the winger American Action Forum and is a regular on faux news.

And yet you are calling him a liar because it seems that you know more than he does about economics.Man it don’t get more comical than some of the S*** you post conservative. :rock

Last edited:
That was a 2005 chart, the budget director at that time was Douglas Holtz-Eakin.He has a PH.D in economics from Princeton. Served as a Staff Economist for George the first ,was Economic adviser for the Maverick and sister Sarah,s failed run for the Presidency.

The real cherry on this cake is that in 2010 he became President of the winger American Action Forum and is a regular on faux news.

And yet you are calling him a liar because it seems that you know more than he does about economics.Man it don’t get more comical than some of the S*** you post conservative. :rock

What would you call him when the checkbook of the United States proves him wrong. He is either mistaken or a liar, which is it? Sorry but I buy actual numbers to projections or assumptions. I know this is hard for you to understand but the U.S. Treasury site shows the revenue by category as well as expenses by category. Sorry but the facts don't support this economists chart. I suggest you go to the site and see the data for yourself.

http://fms.treas.gov/annualreport/cs2008/receipt.pdf

Change the date to get a different year. Good information there but apparently not a site that liberals want to go to.

It kinda looks like at least two Republicans( (with a capitol R),have come too thier senses and are voting yea.

<Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine, are expected to vote with the Democrats Tuesday, as they did at the end of June.>

60 votes in place, Dems ready to extend jobs money - Yahoo! News

Well then, you are getting your wish, taxpayers paying unemployment benefits for now over two years. Sure is incentive to find a job, isn't it? Do you ever think instead of feeling?

By the way how is this being paid for or do you care?

Last edited:
Well then, you are getting your wish, taxpayers paying unemployment benefits for now over two years. Sure is incentive to find a job, isn't it? Do you ever think instead of feeling?

By the way how is this being paid for or do you care?

The Expiration of the bush tax cuts should help pay for it.

The Expiration of the bush tax cuts should help pay for it.

This is a joke, right? You actually think raising taxes increases govt revenue? Do you understand how our economy works? Go to bea.gov and get the chart on GDP, there are four major components with the largest being consumer spending. That constitutes about 2/3 of GDP. So tell me when you have your taxes raised do you have more or less money to purchase what you want or need? Apparently you either do not have a job or don't make enough money to be paying income taxes. Most people would say when taxes go up, take home pay goes down. that means you have less to spend. So apparently having less to spend doesn't have any affect on consumer spending and thus economic growth and tax revenue in your world.

Just saying it doesn't make it so, especially in this hostile political environment. You can wish all you want but don't expect your fairy godmother to make it all come true.

ricksfolly

Just saying it doesn't make it so, especially in this hostile political environment. You can wish all you want but don't expect your fairy godmother to make it all come true.

ricksfolly

My Fairy Godmother doesn't have to do a thing, Obama's record is doing it for me. Only the truly brainwashed remain supportive of the results Obama has generated.

Back
Top Bottom