• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems plan for a future without Pelosi

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Nancy-Pelosi.jpg

The last lie I told was thissss big!

I truly can't wait to see how some Liberal contorts the facts and is able through the use of typical imbecilic, nonexistent logic, to blame this too on president Bush.

I love the opening line of this story
For House Democrats, planning for a future without Speaker Nancy Pelosi is neither pleasant nor easy.

I say for those of who still dream of and America the way it was before the reign of terror of the wicked witch of the west, this possibility is more than a pleasant surprise and darned easy to take.

Dems plan for a future without Pelosi - Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com
For House Democrats, planning for a future without Speaker Nancy Pelosi is neither pleasant nor easy.

But as poll results worsen and a Republican-controlled House looks more and more likely, Democrats are beginning to realize they face a top-to-bottom leadership shake-up if the powerful speaker steps aside in a Democratic minority.

For the most part, Democrats have no obvious road map, no heir apparent to the Pelosi mantle and a fairly thin bench around which to plan the future of their party. After the election, Democrats would face a power vacuum in the lower ranks — assuming current House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer takes the helm as minority leader in a post-Pelosi Democratic Caucus.

Last edited:
Oh, I wasn't aware that liberals were supposed to be die-hard Pelosi fans. Sorry.

pelosi3.jpg

What is the debate supposed to be about?

What about the fear and desperation that may be setting in.

Dick Morris says She’s already written off 50 seats, but now she realizes she may lose 50 more seats that she thought were in the bag.

He contends this could be a trick but I don't see any point to that.

If all you liberals are resigned to losing Pelosi and content with going back into obscurity that's just fine with me. Nothing would be more pleasing than to see the Democrat party tossed on the trash heap of time.

In that case I think Pelosi will get kicked out. Hopefully she will be replaced with a somewhat more competent speaker who can get legislation passed better.

In that case I think Pelosi will get kicked out. Hopefully she will be replaced with a somewhat more competent speaker who can get legislation passed better.

Yeah, she hasn't proven to be particularly effective.

Uhh I really don't know what you guys are talking about. She has been the most effective speaker in decades. It was Pelosi moreso than anyone else (including Obama) who managed to get health care reform passed after it looked dead last winter. It is not difficult to imagine that a less capable speaker would have lost that battle...or would have just thrown in the towel and not fought the battle at all.

However, losing the House is a price worth paying for health care reform.

Last edited:
Uhh I really don't know what you guys are talking about. She has been the most effective speaker in decades. It was Pelosi moreso than anyone else (including Obama) who managed to get health care reform passed after it looked dead last winter. It is not difficult to imagine that a less capable speaker would have lost that battle...or would have just thrown in the towel and not fought the battle at all.

However, losing the House is a price worth paying for health care reform.
What if you lose the house, and health care reform? Nothing would please me more than to see the democrats lose the battle in congress, and the courts.

pelosi3.jpg

What about the fear and desperation that may be setting in.

Dick Morris says She’s already written off 50 seats, but now she realizes she may lose 50 more seats that she thought were in the bag.

He contends this could be a trick but I don't see any point to that.

If all you liberals are resigned to losing Pelosi and content with going back into obscurity that's just fine with me. Nothing would be more pleasing than to see the Democrat party tossed on the trash heap of time.

Eckkkk, it's the bug-eyed lady! :lol:

What if you lose the house, and health care reform? Nothing would please me more than to see the democrats lose the battle in congress, and the courts.

That's not gonna happen. The Democrats will probably lose the House in a few weeks, and maybe even the Senate. But there is absolutely no chance that the Democrats are going to lose "health care reform." It's already law, and Republicans are never going to have the votes necessary to repeal it between now and 2014 when it takes effect.

If you're talking about whether the Supreme Court will strike down the mandate for health insurance...well, they won't, but even if they did, the rest of the bill would remain intact. All that would accomplish is driving the private health insurers out of business as people started waiting until they were sick to buy insurance. That would be A-OK with me, but I imagine that some of the Republicans who are screaming the loudest about the mandate might not like that so well. Let's not forget, the health insurance mandate was a Republican idea until the Democrats decided to put it in this bill.

Back
Top Bottom