• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems grow alarmed by lack of fear over Roe’s future

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Dems grow alarmed by lack of fear over Roe’s future​

Democrats argue that the party needs to act more aggressively ahead of the Supreme Court’s ruling expected this summer on a challenge to Roe v. Wade.

For decades, Democrats insisted that Republicans would invite a major voter backlash if they took aggressive action to curtail abortion rights.

Now, as a growing number of GOP-led states do just that, passing a slew of bills curtailing abortion with no exemptions for rape and incest, they fear that voters are uninformed or misinformed about the stakes. And they are sounding the alarm that more is needed to engage voters and warn them that the current slate of laws is just the beginning.

To reach voters in key swing states, Planned Parenthood is launching a national $16 million TV, streaming and digital ad campaign. The campaign, first shared with POLITICO, will run in states like Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, Texas, Ohio and Florida and focus on reaching voters of color and young people. The ads will run through the Supreme Court ruling expected this summer on a challenge to Roe v. Wade and are accompanied by Spanish and English websites to educate the public on abortion access in different states, locate health centers and provide resources on how to get politically involved.

The move comes as Democratic pollsters, campaign operatives and candidates argue that the party needs to act more aggressively ahead of the high court’s decision and not wait until the ruling is handed down. Key to making this reality stick, they say, is President Joe Biden.
“We absolutely need [Biden’s] voice now,” said Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul, who is running for reelection. “I know he has a lot on his plate right now as leader of the free world. But certainly the voice of the president is important to this. A whole lot more people are going to listen to what Joe Biden says as opposed to Kwame Raoul.”

snip

We’re almost 8 months into the Texas Heartbeat Act and dire Democrat predictions of rape and incest babies everywhere and hordes of women in the street ripping out their innards with coat hangers haven’t materialized. Perhaps Americans are just realizing that the Democratic Party’s vision of a world without Roe is hyperbolic nonsense.

We’re almost 8 months into the Texas Heartbeat Act and dire Democrat predictions of rape and incest babies everywhere and hordes of women in the street ripping out their innards with coat hangers haven’t materialized. Perhaps Americans are just realizing that the Democratic Party’s vision of a world without Roe is hyperbolic nonsense.
Rape and incest babies everywhere? How do you personally know which babies born are the rape and incest ones? Are you claiming that this is not happening?

Most Women Denied Abortions by Texas Law Got Them Another Way​

by Margot Sanger-Katz, Claire Cain Miller and Quoctrung Bui
New data suggests overall abortions declined much less than previously known, because women traveled out of state or ordered pills online.

Rape and incest babies everywhere? How do you personally know which babies born are the rape and incest ones? Are you claiming that this is not happening?
Incest as a cited reason for abortion is so rare that it isn’t even statistically measurable. Rape is less than 0.5%. Problem with Democrats is that they latch on to these wild extremes that almost never happen.

Incest as a cited reason for abortion is so rare that it isn’t even statistically measurable. Rape is less than 0.5%. Problem with Democrats is that they latch on to these wild extremes that almost never happen.

Like partial birth abortion? Remember that one? You guys were saying it was a regular thing.

I still can't believe the Democrats were ever able to con the US into supporting abortion. There just is no arguing that abortion ends a human life. Roe v Wade is just bad law.

No

How often does rape happen a year?

Statistics show that 1 in 6 US women will be raped annually in the US. Surveys and rape statistics by gender have found that 1 in 6 American women, and 1 in 33 American men has experienced an attempted/completed rape as a child or adult.

‘It Is Absurdly, Obscenely Common’: Incest Survivors Speak Out​

No

How often does rape happen a year?

Statistics show that 1 in 6 US women will be raped annually in the US. Surveys and rape statistics by gender have found that 1 in 6 American women, and 1 in 33 American men has experienced an attempted/completed rape as a child or adult.

‘It Is Absurdly, Obscenely Common’: Incest Survivors Speak Out​

You can't just run around saying true things at them.

okay I am guessing you want me to look at the numbers. That's fine but it does happen. The decision to terminate a pregnancy is between a woman and her doctor. The end

Why jane had an abortion is none of anyone's business and you don't get a say on when, if, how, or how many children she will have.
In accordance with the law.

In accordance with the law.

I think we should legislate the right wing's freedom of speech.

I mean, since rights are up to a vote, now.

Obviously a supporter of abortion bans.

okay I am guessing you want me to look at the numbers. That's fine but it does happen. The decision to terminate a pregnancy is between a woman and her doctor. The end

Why jane had an abortion is none of anyone's business and you don't get a say on when, if, how, or how many children she will have.

To them, this is all about controlling women, and the best way to do that is to make sure they're saddled with kids they didn't plan for.

Under His Eye and all that shit.

I think we should legislate the right wing's freedom of speech.

I mean, since rights are up to a vote, now.
Ya know, they should be real careful if we are going to let other people dictate the medical decisions of others. They wouldn't like me refusing granny's hip surgery based on my religious belief that she should just pray it away...

it's because they're chipping. ever so slowly.

then future generations of women will have to deal with it.

To them, this is all about controlling women, and the best way to do that is to make sure they're saddled with kids they didn't plan for.

Under His Eye and all that shit.
Or just be a thinking human being and keep your pants zipped and if you can’t do that use contraception. That’s how women control their own bodies.

Back
Top Bottom