• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems grow alarmed by lack of fear over Roe’s future

Depends on when and where. As I said, the Heartbeat Act has been in effect for 8 months in Texas and none of the dire predictions have materialized.
Right and like you were shown the women are simply going elsewhere for their healthcare needs. It hasn't stopped anything.

Right and like you were shown the women are simply going elsewhere for their healthcare needs. It hasn't stopped anything.
Some are. Of course, we heard the shrill cries from Democrats that such a thing wouldn’t be possible for most women. Abortion only for the rich they said.

Some are. Of course, we heard the shrill cries from Democrats that such a thing wouldn’t be possible for most women. Abortion only for the rich they said.
Glad they were wrong. ;-)

Nice.

Like I said, the right is obsessing over what we do in our bedrooms. Sick. But it explains a lot.
Well, this is about women’s control over their bodies isn’t it? Don’t they have control over their bodies?

Nice.

Like I said, the right is obsessing over what we do in our bedrooms. Sick. But it explains a lot.
LOL makes one want to do some super forbidden stuff. They can't stop me and NO they can't watch either.

Well, this is about women’s control over their bodies isn’t it? Don’t they have control over their bodies?

So you are in favor of a single solution set version of freedom? I mean, for women, obviously.

I am a woman and I control my body. And I don't think the idiotic opinions of right wing men have anything to do with me.
Great. So if you want a 100% guarantee against pregnancy then control your body.

Great. So then you don’t really have an issue with Roe going away.
For myself? Nah. But I do think it should stay in place for other women and it's a choice they should have.

For myself? Nah. But I do think it should stay in place for other women and it's a choice they should have.
For anyone. If and when Roe goes away we’ll have a patchwork of laws. Don’t like the law in your State? Move or catch a greyhound.

For anyone. If and when Roe goes away we’ll have a patchwork of laws. Don’t like the law in your State? Move or catch a greyhound.

So what you're saying is you don't think the 9th amendment should apply to women?

Or that the supremacy clause in article VI should be amended out of existence?

If scotus does away with it I believe it would make abortion illegal period. Correct me someone if I am mistaken.

So what you're saying is you don't think the 9th amendment should apply to women?

Or that the supremacy clause in article VI should be amended out of existence?
As things currently stand, the Supreme Court has already said that States have the right to regulate. How far they can take that is up in the air right now. If you don’t like it then you can always shoot for the stars and stump for a Constitutional Amendment.

If scotus does away with it I believe it would make abortion illegal period. Correct me someone if I am mistaken.
All tossing Roe would do is leave it entirely up to the individual States.

As things currently stand, the Supreme Court has already said that States have the right to regulate. How far they can take that is up in the air right now. If you don’t like it then you can always shoot for the stars and stump for a Constitutional Amendment.
There is already a constitutional amendment.
All tossing Roe would do is leave it entirely up to the individual States.
So that's a yes, you don't think the 9th amendment applies to women.

Or leave it legal and remove the strict laws creating problems. Should there be limitations? Sure but not for example limiting it to before 6 weeks. That is just crazy. Most women don't even know they are pregnant at 6 weeks.

There is already a constitutional amendment.

So that's a yes, you don't think the 9th amendment applies to women.
You’re taking it much farther than even Roe - which btw was a political compromise - does.

You’re taking it much farther than even Roe - which btw was a political compromise - does.
Yes, applying the 9th amendment to women is taking it all too far.

Or leave it legal and remove the strict laws creating problems. Should there be limitations? Sure but not for example limiting it to before 6 weeks. That is just crazy. Most women don't even know they are pregnant at 6 weeks.
6 weeks is a fictitious timeframe. The law doesn’t say that and there is no heart at 6 weeks.

6 weeks is a fictitious timeframe. The law doesn’t say that and there is no heart at 6 weeks.
  • Texas' new draconian abortion ban is based on when a fetal heartbeat forms - at six weeks.
  • However, a heartbeat isn't present at 6 weeks, doctors say.
  • A six-week-old fetus doesn't have a cardiovascular system, the sound of the thumping is from the machine.

Back
Top Bottom