• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems grow alarmed by lack of fear over Roe’s future

it's because they're chipping. ever so slowly.

then future generations of women will have to deal with it.
They must be careful tho. That pendulum swings their way but it always swings back harder.

You want to take a woman who is making her own personal medical decisions to court because you don't like her choice? Good grief
Personally, I don’t care. But there is a case to be made for the father and no one is above the law, right?

Or just be a thinking human being and keep your pants zipped and if you can’t do that use contraception. That’s how women control their own bodies.
Contraception is not 100%. If someone is having sex and how is none of your business.

I’m not wasting time on rare exceptions. If you want 100% then don’t have sex.
Again, a person shouldn't have to refrain from sex due to your religious convictions.

Again, a person shouldn't have to refrain from sex due to your religious convictions.
I don’t have religious convictions. You do have to refrain from sex if you want a 100% guarantee against pregnancy.

I don’t have religious convictions. You do have to refrain from sex if you want a 100% guarantee against pregnancy.

Or a person can have an abortion if contraception doesn't work. Tough shit.

Oh my apologies then. I was assuming for anti abortion viewpoint was coming from a religious belief. We can teach people how to protect themselves and make smart decisions in regards to their sexual health but you cannot control what others do.

Oh my apologies then. I was assuming for anti abortion viewpoint was coming from a religious belief. We can teach people how to protect themselves and make smart decisions in regards to their sexual health but you cannot control what others do.

My impression that is he feels men should own women and this is one way to make progress on that.

You certainly can. That is what law is for and why we have a criminal justice system.

Or just be a thinking human being and keep your pants zipped and if you can’t do that use contraception. That’s how women control their own bodies.

I was on the pill for 10 years before I got pregnant with my first son. Contraception isn't 100% foolproof. I suppose you think I should have kept my pants zipped every time my husband and I were in our bedroom?

You certainly can. That is what law is for and why we have a criminal justice system.

So what you're saying is, women should have one less right than a corpse.

I was on the pill for 10 years before I got pregnant with my first son. Contraception isn't 100% foolproof. I suppose you think I should have kept my pants zipped every time my husband and I were in our bedroom?

Maybe he feels that sort of thing should be monitored. You know, to keep you from having any abortions.

Ya know I do think they'd watch couples and make sure they are only doing things they deem appropriate.

The law is that it is currently legal. So...
Depends on when and where. As I said, the Heartbeat Act has been in effect for 8 months in Texas and none of the dire predictions have materialized.

Maybe he feels that sort of thing should be monitored. You know, to keep you from having any abortions.
Talk about voyeur...

As usual, the right is obsessing about what we do in the privacy of our own bedrooms.

That's what Freedom™ is all about.

See, the right thinks you should be free, so long as what you do with that freedom is "agree with the right". Otherwise it's not really freedom and you'd have women running around all unregulated.

If you want a 100% guarantee against pregnancy, yes.

Back
Top Bottom