• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems give 61 speeches on Day 1 -- mention ISIS zero times...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Republicans’ claim that Democrats did not mention terrorism or ISIL on the first night of the Democratic National Convention is correct, PolitiFact said Tuesday morning.

Following Monday night’s speeches, Republicans blasted the Democrats for a lack of focus on terrorism from the 61 speakers.

PolitiFact: Democrats never mentioned terrorism on Day One of DNC - POLITICO

They'll make up for it tonight when they talk about George Zimmerman, the mean cops, Skittles, hands up/don't shoot, cakes for gay weddings, and public toilets. Those are issues that really matter. ISIS is...just a JV issue. Nothing to see.

Republicans’ claim that Democrats did not mention terrorism or ISIL on the first night of the Democratic National Convention is correct, PolitiFact said Tuesday morning.

Following Monday night’s speeches, Republicans blasted the Democrats for a lack of focus on terrorism from the 61 speakers.

Well, they did play a video of Hillary Clinton mentioning terrorists, but that was only once.

They'll make up for it tonight when they talk about George Zimmerman, the mean cops, Skittles, hands up/don't shoot, cakes for gay weddings, and public toilets. Those are issues that really matter. ISIS is...just a JV issue. Nothing to see.

Silly me, I forgot what issues are really important to Democrats!

Well, they did play a video of Hillary Clinton mentioning terrorists, but that was only once.

~snicker~... :cool:

This will only continue. The main goal will be to re-invent Hillary into to something America can stomach.

And houses that slaves built. 8)

After the GOP Convention's nearly non-stop negativity & fear-mongering, it probably evens out.

That's probably a true statistic. I guess when you're talking about hope for the future, though, mentioning religious throwbacks is a waste of time cause they won't be in it. The Democrats didn't mention terrorism because they aren't using fear to gin up votes. That has always been the MO of the right wing. Instead, they were focusing on the party and country coming together.

If you want to know why you should be very, very afraid, ask Trump or some other conservative demagogue. Everything they talk about is from the perspective of loss, decline and dread of the future. I mean, you hate to stereotype conservatives but they give you so much ammunition. It's as if they absolutely refuse to envision a future that is not mostly white, christian and isolationist, even though the trend is the exact opposite. They see the train coming to run them over rather than to take them to a better place. You can't fix stupid, however, so they will be what they are.

I feel sorry for those with a conservative orientation. If the blather that they greedily lap up is an indication of their emotional state, they are generally unstable. Whether it's Trump's wall or Cruz's cavalier call to "carpet bomb" syria, you begin to wonder if adults are at home or if the republican house has been left to some frightened children with a juvenile sexuality, a bigoted sense of world affairs and an insatiable greed.

I'm glad the Democrats didn't mention ISIS right away, like that's the most important thing, giving in to right-wing hysteria. After all, when we begin to abandon our American values and our hope for the future, out of fear of a few crazy muslim asshats, the terrorists, and other conservatives, win.

So what? The theme of the night was bringing people together to make America's economy stronger.
"Monday will focus on putting the future of American families front and center and how we're stronger together when we build an economy that works for everyone."

So what? The theme of the night was bringing people together to make America's economy stronger.
"Monday will focus on putting the future of American families front and center and how we're stronger together when we build an economy that works for everyone."

And at least they aren't doing any ISIS fear mongering.

That's probably a true statistic. I guess when you're talking about hope for the future, though, mentioning religious throwbacks is a waste of time cause they won't be in it. The Democrats didn't mention terrorism because they aren't using fear to gin up votes. That has always been the MO of the right wing. Instead, they were focusing on the party and country coming together.

If you want to know why you should be very, very afraid, ask Trump or some other conservative demagogue. Everything they talk about is from the perspective of loss, decline and dread of the future. I mean, you hate to stereotype conservatives but they give you so much ammunition. It's as if they absolutely refuse to envision a future that is not mostly white, christian and isolationist, even though the trend is the exact opposite. They see the train coming to run them over rather than to take them to a better place. You can't fix stupid, however, so they will be what they are.

I feel sorry for those with a conservative orientation. If the blather that they greedily lap up is an indication of their emotional state, they are generally unstable. Whether it's Trump's wall or Cruz's cavalier call to "carpet bomb" syria, you begin to wonder if adults are at home or if the republican house has been left to some frightened children with a juvenile sexuality, a bigoted sense of world affairs and an insatiable greed.

I'm glad the Democrats didn't mention ISIS right away, like that's the most important thing, giving in to right-wing hysteria. After all, when we begin to abandon our American values and our hope for the future, out of fear of a few crazy muslim asshats, the terrorists, and other conservatives, win.

Democrats have always been soft on crime, weak on terrorism and stupid about defense! liberals don't have enough sense to be afraid.....just look at all the libs butchered throughout the world. What do they promote? More Gun control! As Dumb as it gets!

It's not about emotion with Conservatives....it's about Common Sense and Logic.....traits not very strong with Democrats. ;)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! What absolute Malarky. I've been following politics for over 50 years and the Demos have been promising and not delivering all this time!

They demonize the NRA, gun owners, Conservatives, Pro-Life people ..........thereby.......promoting FEAR over that.................and promote lawlessness through illegals and immigration!

Last edited:

How has that worked out for them?

You'll have to explain why I should care. I'm at a loss.

This kind of talking point is always pathetic. It's essentially, "You didn't talk about X when I wanted you to talk about X, so you do not care about X. QED." :roll:

Wow ! very good . :applaud

You'll have to explain why I should care. I'm at a loss.

This kind of talking point is always pathetic. It's essentially, "You didn't talk about X when I wanted you to talk about X, so you do not care about X. QED." :roll:

If you can't figure it out, there is nothing I can say to help your deficiency in processing.

You're voting for Trump, so we know you can stomach literal dog ****.

Nooo....the dog is Hillary...always has been!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! What absolute Malarky. I've been following politics for over 50 years and the Demos have been promising and not delivering all this time!

They demonize the NRA, gun owners, Conservatives, Pro-Life people ..........thereby.......promoting FEAR over that.................and promote lawlessness through illegals and immigration!

This really isnt malarky. Its literally the theme of the night.

How has that worked out for them?
Having a certain theme each night? Fine I guess. Most conventions do such a thing...

I'll wait for the speech on emails , donor list , hero Michael Brown , BLM , bad cops, The Wall Street speech , and the Clinton Fraud Foundation ! :lamo

Democrats have always been soft on crime, weak on terrorism and stupid about defense! liberals don't have enough sense to be afraid.....just look at all the libs butchered throughout the world. What do they promote? More Gun control! As Dumb as it gets!

LOL, right, it takes common sense to go through life afraid of remote risks FAR, FAR, FAR less likely than dying on your way home from work this evening. The risk of terrorism for most of us approaches 0.0, so on a 10 point scale of "Things I Worry About on a Daily Basis" terrorism is a 1. What I'll have for dinner is a 2 or 3.

Sure, our elected officials need to worry about it, and I'm 100% positive that whoever sits in the Oval Office, every single day, he OR she will get a daily briefing on terrorist threats, what we're doing about it, we'll spend $100s of billions on defense every year, many of those $billions for anti-terrorism activities, and we'll do what we can. So why would a sane individual waste any part of their daily lives in fear of stuff they can't control and are less likely than a lightning strike of killing them or those they love?

If you can't figure it out, there is nothing I can say to help your deficiency in processing.

Classic stuff there.

"This is terrible!!"
"Please explain why."
"Uhhh, you know, it's terrible! If you can't figure it out, well, just trust me it's TERRIBLE!!"

LMFAO...

Nailed it!

This really isnt malarky. Its literally the theme of the night.

Having a certain theme each night? Fine I guess. Most conventions do such a thing...

Well, we will have to see if they have a better theme to follow..

I'll wait for the speech on emails , donor list , hero Michael Brown , BLM , bad cops, The Wall Street speech , and the Clinton Fraud Foundation ! :lamo

Now THAT is a theme I can support! :thumbs::thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom