• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems give 61 speeches on Day 1 -- mention ISIS zero times...

Well, we will have to see if they have a better theme to follow..

Now THAT is a theme I can support! :thumbs::thumbs:

And we both know she will keep deflecting and denying , slick willie taught her that trick ! :lamo

So what? The theme of the night was bringing people together to make America's economy stronger.
"Monday will focus on putting the future of American families front and center and how we're stronger together when we build an economy that works for everyone."

But where's the hate and fear? The Repubs can't function without it.

They'll make up for it tonight when they talk about George Zimmerman, the mean cops, Skittles, hands up/don't shoot, cakes for gay weddings, and public toilets. Those are issues that really matter. ISIS is...just a JV issue. Nothing to see.

Will they have any members of either the Dallas or Baton Rouge policemens families speaking tonight?

You'll have to explain why I should care. I'm at a loss.

This kind of talking point is always pathetic. It's essentially, "You didn't talk about X when I wanted you to talk about X, so you do not care about X. QED." :roll:

Conservative circular logic. Make America stupid again.

Why would the democrats want to make people think doomsday is upon us?

You mean like that horrible income inequality, how low taxation on the rich will lead to disaster, or how all the jobs will be replaced by machines? You know, I could list all the possible doomsday's liberals are scared for probably eight hours straight. :lol:

Will they have any members of either the Dallas or Baton Rouge policemens families speaking tonight?

I didn't see them on the agenda. I don't think any of the mothers of dead officers will be speaking. But you can hear "The Mothers of the Movement" women talk. Isn't that enough?

Why would the democrats want to make people think doomsday is upon us?

Um, aren't they the ones who told us how people were dying in the streets because they had no insurance? The ones who made us believe that Paul Ryan lookalikes were going to toss your grandmother and her wheelchair off a cliff? That Wall Street was stealing from you and big banks were going to wipe you out and put you out on the streets and insurance companies were carpet bombing you?

Um, aren't they the ones who told us how people were dying in the streets because they had no insurance? The ones who made us believe that Paul Ryan lookalikes were going to toss your grandmother and her wheelchair off a cliff? That Wall Street was stealing from you and big banks were going to wipe you out and put you out on the streets and insurance companies were carpet bombing you?

Are you saying that that the messages on the first nights of the republican and democratic national conventions had the same dark tone?

Are you saying that that the messages on the first nights of the republican and democratic national conventions had the same dark tone?

I didn't watch the RNC. I only caught the tail end of Melania's plagiarized speech.

I only watched last night for the laugh factor.

You mean like that horrible income inequality, how low taxation on the rich will lead to disaster, or how all the jobs will be replaced by machines? You know, I could list all the possible doomsday's liberals are scared for probably eight hours straight. :lol:

Instead of bitching about those things Dems would rather make policies to change them. Unlike Trump who has nothing but an idiotic wall that will never be built.

Instead of bitching about those things Dems would rather make policies to change them. Unlike Trump who has nothing but an idiotic wall that will never be built.

They had almost 8 years, bitching is pretty much all they have done. Don't worry there isn't going to be a wall.

This really isnt malarky. Its literally the theme of the night.

Having a certain theme each night? Fine I guess. Most conventions do such a thing...

The theme is not something they have championed over the last 7+ years.

Who I said I don't?

Progressive taxation is a cancer that pits classes against each other.

This idea that machines will replace all need for human labor has been around for literally centuries and has been proven wrong countless times. The fear is really nothing more than a fear of a changing marketplace.

Income inequality is a thing because of the differences in people, not because of same grand scheme to destroy the poor.

I want to know if Hillary Clinton's name was spoken more often at the GOP convention than at the DNC convention.

What did they do to fix income inequality in the last 8 years? How much have they raised taxes on the rich? What have they done to prevent machines from replacing humans?

I agree that Trump offers pretty much nothing. I have yet to see his "yuuuuge" economic plan. But the Democrats have pretty much done jack squat for the last 8 years - 2 of them with majorities in the 2 Houses of Congress and their guy sitting in the Oval Office.

What did they do to fix income inequality in the last 8 years? How much have they raised taxes on the rich? What have they done to prevent machines from replacing humans?

Aside from raising taxes on high earners, increasing benefits for poor people, and preventing the continuing loss of millions of jobs in a republican created financial crisis?

Absolutely jack squat!!

I agree that Trump offers pretty much nothing. I have yet to see his "yuuuuge" economic plan. But the Democrats have pretty much done jack squat for the last 8 years - 2 of them with majorities in the 2 Houses of Congress and their guy sitting in the Oval Office.

The Bush tax cuts were ended for top earners. And there have been many proposals to increase infrastructure spending and eliminating tax breaks for companies the ship away jobs. Those were blocked by Republicans who block everything that might help the economy or the middle class. A 60 vote majority was only held by Democrats for a few weeks.

That’s right folks, for the first two full years of his presidency, Barack Obama had the benefit of a large majority in the House of Representatives and a filibuster-proof majority in the United States Senate to work with in order to get whatever legislation passed that he wanted. Whatever his whimsy, he could get it passed at any time during the first two years of his first term. Full and complete, total control for two full years, if by two full years you mean 72 days.

The Myth of the Filibuster-Proof Democratic Senate - San Diego Free Press

Aside from raising taxes on high earners, increasing benefits for poor people, and preventing the continuing loss of millions of jobs in a republican created financial crisis?

Absolutely jack squat!!

The high earners, according to many of them on the left, still don't pay enough. I always hear that the rich don't pay their fair share. Maybe those people are lying.

Increasing benefits to the poor is not exactly my idea of fixing income inequality. I always heard that income inequality was the disparity between incomes earned by the very rich and everyone else.

The President's stimulus, which as you correctly say prevented a continuing loss of jobs, didn't fix the problem of machines replacing humans.

Who I said I don't?

Progressive taxation is a cancer that pits classes against each other.

This idea that machines will replace all need for human labor has been around for literally centuries and has been proven wrong countless times. The fear is really nothing more than a fear of a changing marketplace.

Income inequality is a thing because of the differences in people, not because of same grand scheme to destroy the poor.

We have fixed income inequality before and it resulted in the largest improvement in the standard of living in history by creating our great middle class. We will do the same again through the magic of progressive taxes. Runaway income inequality is the scourge of capitalism.

Back
Top Bottom