• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dems get Green Party kicked off ballot after pressuring petition-signers; ‘voter suppression’ allege

digsbe

Truth will set you free
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
With all the shrieking and moaning the Dems and their propaganda arms in the media like to push 24/7 over the GOP raising concerns about mass mailing ballots and vote-by-mail issues and spinning that as accusations of "voter suppression" you'd think such an "honorable" party claiming democracy is under siege by the GOP wouldn't legitimately try to suppress voters in Montana by harassing signatories for the Green Party into recanting their signatures in order to have all Green Party candidates removed from their state ballot.

Dems get Green Party kicked off ballot after pressuring petition-signers; ‘voter suppression’ alleged | Fox News

“The Green Party denounces any effort to harass, intimidate or shame private citizens who signed a ballot access petition for any party or candidate,” National Green Party communications manager Michael O'Neil said in a statement to Fox News. “Our candidates have faced that kind of political bigotry for decades but employing it against regular citizens on this scale marks a new, shameful low.”

"There was a great deal of pressure applied to [petition signers] to get them to withdraw their signatures. Multiple phone calls with strong language, and repeated letters," local Montana Green Party candidate Gary Marbut, who is running for state Senate but is not competing in the U.S. Senate race, told Fox News. (The U.S. Senate candidate for the party is Wendie Fredrickson.)

Marbut and other Greens will now take their case to federal court, and filed Thursday for an emergency injunction with the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, arguing kicking Greens off the ballot infringes on voting rights. The Montana Secretary of State is separately appealing directly to the U.S. Supreme Court, arguing that the Greens should be allowed on the ballot.

Let's be critical thinkers and not be coy to the fact that both parties are going to wheel and deal in ways that they think are going to benefit them to take/retain power. The Democrats (and Republicans) care about obtaining power, that's it.

Re: Dems get Green Party kicked off ballot after pressuring petition-signers; ‘voter suppressionâ€

With all the shrieking and moaning the Dems and their propaganda arms in the media like to push 24/7 over the GOP raising concerns about mass mailing ballots and vote-by-mail issues and spinning that as accusations of "voter suppression" you'd think such an "honorable" party claiming democracy is under siege by the GOP wouldn't legitimately try to suppress voters in Montana by harassing signatories for the Green Party into recanting their signatures in order to have all Green Party candidates removed from their state ballot.

Dems get Green Party kicked off ballot after pressuring petition-signers; ‘voter suppression’ alleged | Fox News

Let's be critical thinkers and not be coy to the fact that both parties are going to wheel and deal in ways that they think are going to benefit them to take/retain power. The Democrats (and Republicans) care about obtaining power, that's it.

Isn't Montana the home of Mr. Gianforte?
Yeah, critical thinking...:lamo

Re: Dems get Green Party kicked off ballot after pressuring petition-signers; ‘voter suppressionâ€

I guess they both got to play the game.

I posted this in Breaking News, it's just the same **** the Republicans do. The sides aren't really different. I take flak for voting Libertarian, and that I ain't voting for Biden but for Jorgensen. But this is pretty much why. Because the end of the day, the Republicans and Democrats (the Republocrats) are up to the same shenanigans and doing the same ****.

The Green Party is taking this to the courts and I hope they win. Republocrat coercion should not be allowed to kick third parties off the ballot just because one side is scared that their **** candidate is too **** to win cleanly.

I guess they both got to play the game.

Yep.

It's patently naïve to believe only one of the parties is above this sort of thing but since this thread is about the crooked hypocrites known as the Democratic party, I'll try to stay on topic.

Yep.

It's patently naïve to believe only one of the parties is above this sort of thing but since this thread is about the crooked hypocrites known as the Democratic party, I'll try to stay on topic.

It's patently naive to believe any party is above the full breadth of the science.

Back
Top Bottom