• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems fiddle-**** around with PO bill while aid to real people stagnates

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Pelosi is blocking real bills that can help real people while she diddles around with spending $25 billion the Post Office doesn't need or want.

Notice the PG says if every voter in the country mailed in their ballots in a single week it would barely make a ripple.

Meanwhile Pelosi sits on bills that can actually help real people:

Meanwhile, the GOP put forward a group of bills that had the potential to actually improve people's lives that included more funding for testing and vaccines, the Paycheck Protection Program, and police departments.

Here are a few examples:

The Protecting Americans' Health Act, introduced by Michael Burgess (R-TX), appropriates additional emergency resources to continue the rapid development, manufacturing, purchase, and distribution of vaccines, therapeutics, and new testing technologies to overcome COVID-19; additional funds for the strategic national stockpile and to shore up domestic manufacturing and supply chains; and additional funds for health care providers including Community Health Centers to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19.

A PPP measure, presented by Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH), amends the Paycheck Protection Program to allow businesses still suffering economic hardship to receive a second PPP loan.

Finally, Rep. Pete Stauber (R-MN) put forward funding of police departments for the development of and training on the use of body cameras. It also reauthorizes critical law enforcement grant programs at the Department of Justice.

Pelosi is blocking real bills that can help real people while she diddles around with spending $25 billion the Post Office doesn't need or want.

Notice the PG says if every voter in the country mailed in their ballots in a single week it would barely make a ripple.

No, McConnell sits on bills that would actually help people. The House passed the Heroes bill in May. The Senate had plenty of opportunity to negotiate with the House, including putting together their own bill, on that piece of legislation, but have done NADA. The House has been, and continues to be, proactive in this area. Its the Regressives that have the brake on progress, as they often do.

H.R.6800 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): The Heroes Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Last edited:

The senate has passed nothing, with no intention because they thought trump would look like a hero pushing through his EOs.

PS: Both lines of your sig mean the exact same thing. Sorry!

With Pelosi, it's her way or the highway...I doubt the people will ever see a dime of help until she milks every last penny out of the GOP senate.

No, McConnell sits on bills that would actually help people. The House passed the Heroes bill in May. The Senate had plenty of opportunity to negotiate with the House, including putting together their own bill, on that piece of legislation, but have done NADA. The House has been, and continues to be, proactive in this area. Its the Regressives that have the brake on progress, as they often do.

H.R.6800 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): The Heroes Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Anybody that took just a little bit of time would have known that the House HAS been doing their job and McConnell and the Republican controlled Senate are the ones sitting on their hands
The House has passed HUNDREDS of bills and sent them on to what McConnell likes to call the Senate Graveyard , he has even bragged that HE is the " Grim Reaper " and laughs about it
That alone should show people that McConnell and the Republicans don't give a dang about the People of the USA
IF he ( they ) did they would bring these bills to the floor at least look at them and if they are good bills and will help the people of the US pass them
YES there MAY be some good bills and some bad ones , let them proceed on their own and IF they are good bills let them stand on their own and pass them
Have a nice evening

With Pelosi, it's her way or the highway...I doubt the people will ever see a dime of help until she milks every last penny out of the GOP senate.

You have that backwards McConnell is the one that wants it his way or nothing
again He has even said and laughed about it calling himself the Grim Reaper
Have a nice evening

Tell you republican led senate to come off of recess and back to work and sign the bill sitting on mitch's desk.
Not much hypocrisy there with at least three sitting on Pelosi's desk.

That is better then the HUNDREDS of bills sitting on McConnell's deck
Have a nice evening

That is better then the HUNDREDS of bills sitting on McConnell's deck
Have a nice evening
LOL, sure. Hundreds of bills having nothing to do with Covid or any other pressing require - just a bunch of loony left wet dreams.

LOL, sure. Hundreds of bills having nothing to do with Covid or any other pressing require - just a bunch of loony left wet dreams.

So what do you think the House should be doing ? let everything else go and just concentrate on the CV stuff
YOU do understand that the House has to be the one that starts the spending bills and IF they just concentrated on the CV and nothing else the country would fall apart
Have you ever had a civics class?
and as I said there may be a LOT of bad bills in that stack of hundreds on McConnell's desk and there may be a LOT of good ones too but IF McConnell is going to play well I don't like that one so I am not going to bring it to the floor
or If I bring this bill to the floor the Dem. House passed and we just happen to pass it because it just might help then They will get to say see what we did and McConnell couldn't ever do anything like that
McConnell just like Trump could give two s---'s about the American people or what they are going through
Have a nice night

So what do you think the House should be doing ? let everything else go and just concentrate on the CV stuff
YOU do understand that the House has to be the one that starts the spending bills and IF they just concentrated on the CV and nothing else the country would fall apart
Have you ever had a civics class?
and as I said there may be a LOT of bad bills in that stack of hundreds on McConnell's desk and there may be a LOT of good ones too but IF McConnell is going to play well I don't like that one so I am not going to bring it to the floor
or If I bring this bill to the floor the Dem. House passed and we just happen to pass it because it just might help then They will get to say see what we did and McConnell couldn't ever do anything like that
McConnell just like Trump could give two s---'s about the American people or what they are going through
Have a nice night
I would guess McConnell looks at the bills before tabling them.

Repubs **** around with veteran's meds which predominately come through the P.O. Republican neglect has killed 170,000 Americans... so what's a few hundred thousand more?

Repubs **** around with veteran's meds which predominately come through the P.O. Republican neglect has killed 170,000 Americans... so what's a few hundred thousand more?
bullshitflag.jpg

Glad to educate you. No matter how much you refuse to learn.

US Postal Service delays force Department of Veterans Affairs to shift prescription delivery methods - CNNPolitics

"The VA has now confirmed to us that the United States Postal Service (USPS), which is responsible for delivering about 90% of all VA mail order prescriptions,
"To help mitigate these postal delays, the VA has been forced to switch to alternative delivery services in a number of areas across the country and is taking other actions to expedite processing and delivery of prescriptions," Whitehead added.​

Alternative shipping methods? Who would that benefit I wonder?

Fact check: Postmaster general Louis DeJoy invested in competitors

"New (Republican) businessman Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has $70m invested in companies that compete w/the Postal Service," Facebook user Florence Vincent wrote in a post on July 27.​

****ing grifting frauds. The lot of them. And those who follow and support them are the dumbest of dupes.

Last edited:

...and what bills would those be? I found no confirmation of that statement in a quick (actually several) Google searches. Instead, we learn about the 250+ bills the Senate is sitting on.

'Grim Reaper' Mitch McConnell Admits There Are 395 House Bills Sitting in the Senate: 'We're Not Going to Pass Those'

On the Senate site I get this list. No CV relief bill passed by the Senate awaiting house action. In fact, its a rather pathetic list of actions they have taken. Do these guys even work?

U.S. Senate: Commonly Searched for Legislation (116th Congress)

So, kindly give us a cite to back up your statement because this otherwise looks like you were backed into a corner and are attempting to lie your way out.

Passing a bill that's a complete crock of **** is meaningless.

In normal times, the Senate and House members would have negotiated and passed a compromise bill. Can’t do that when McConnell left town.

It's all a game to Pelosi. Trump is her white whale and she's going to die on that hill if she has to.
Trump is Pelosi's white whale, that's for sure, but it's not a game to Pelosi because Pelosi is a far left progressive.

EDIT; Some say Biden and Harris are moderates? Yeah, moderate progressives which makes them moderately far left.

Yeah, I read something on this today. Pelosi said something like this issue really matters to the American people so this is why she put forth the bill. I guess the extra unemployment, stimulus checks, student loan deferrals, and evictions aren't important to the American people. I had to laugh.

The House passed the HEROS act months ago. The senate is sitting on its hands.

But but but the Heroes bill had post office stuff in it. If you are going to stick by that story then why put forth a clean post office bill and not a clean unemployment bill, as her own party begged her to do?

But but but the Heroes act had post office stuff in it. If she is going to put forth a clean post office bill then why not put forth a clean stimulus bill and a clean unemployment bill?

Back
Top Bottom