• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems doubling down on race

Doug64

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It seems while the Republicans are expanding their appeal to minority middle-and working-class voters, the Democrats are doubling down on making everything about race. Which means, of course, that they are doubling down on their lies about the nature of US society:

With Mr. Biden’s now-fulfilled pledge to nominate a Black woman to the high court and policy goals on election laws, policing, child care and education, Democrats have thrust race and diversity to the forefront of the political conversation.

They also are testing whether going all-in on identity politics is a winning formula at the ballot box.

Steve Phillips, the author of “Brown is the New White” and founder of the race-focused activist group Democracy in Color, said Democrats are making the smart move. He said the party is creating a “new American majority coalition” composed of liberal Whites and voters of color.

“People of color are the most Democratic voters, so logic dictates that you should maximize the number of votes from your strongest supporters,” Mr. Phillips said. “To increase turnout of a constituency grappling with the manifestations of systemic racism, you have to convince those people that you care about and will improve the conditions of their lives.”

President Bidens record of being tough on thugs & crime is well documented over his storied career Doug, he's doing well and will continue to do well IMO.

We're in good hands with President Joe Biden imo. President Biden has my continued support.(y)

It seems while the Republicans are expanding their appeal to minority middle-and working-class voters, the Democrats are doubling down on making everything about race.
The Dems rightly acknowledge that their most faithful constituency is that ethnicity that saved Joseph R. Biden, Jr.'s primary campaign in South Carolina.

So, of course, they will do anything to preserve that asset, even kneeling in the Capitol.

In their November election TV commercials, they will show the new Supreme Court Justice and proclaim: "Don't forget, folks. We are responsible for her appointment. So get out and vote for us, and we will soon have reparations for you, too!"

It seems while the Republicans are expanding their appeal to minority middle-and working-class voters, the Democrats are doubling down on making everything about race. Which means, of course, that they are doubling down on their lies about the nature of US society:

while the Republicans are expanding their appeal to minority middle-and working-class voters,

now that right there is funny i don't care who you are.

The party of white supremacist, white nationalist, the Proud Boys and the oath keepers appealing to minorities?

The party writing legislation to suppress that minority vote.

Don't really see the appeal here.

President Bidens record of being tough on thugs & crime is well documented over his storied career Doug, he's doing well and will continue to do well IMO.

First, Biden isn’t the entirety of the Democratic Party. Second, have you been watching his job approval numbers over the past, say, half a year? He hasn’t reached an average negative approval rating for his entire term yet, but he’s inching there week by week.

What lies?

The biggest one? That the US is systematically racist.

The party of white supremacist, white nationalist, the Proud Boys and the oath keepers appealing to minorities?

The party that after four years of Trump, saw its share of the minority vote for president go up? The party that is likely to increase its share of the minority vote this year, as minorities suffer the same fallout of Democratic policies as their White neighbors? The minorities being told by Democrats, in response to high gas prices, “let them buy electric”? Yeah, no appeal there at all.

What do you think systemic racism means?

Either laws or regulations designed to suppress individuals’ rights or activities due to race, or general unequal application of laws or regulations due to race.

Either laws or regulations designed to suppress individuals’ rights or activities due to race, or general unequal application of laws or regulations due to race.
Not necessarily! Sometimes it does mean systems that were designed to racially discriminate. For example, the penalties for drugs that Black people are more likely to use are higher than the ones White people are more likely to use. Those laws were made very intentionally.

But other times systems can reinforce racism without any current intent. Even after the end of redlining, many of the effects continued to perpetuate themselves simple because redlining had already created segregated unequal communities. So even though the actual law has been stricken from the books it continues to have negatives effects.

Right wingers double down on being racist and then pretending they are not and making absurd whines and projections about dems and think they are making a case. the same stupid, unoriginal trolling shit over and over because they have no facts

Not necessarily! Sometimes it does mean systems that were designed to racially discriminate. For example, the penalties for drugs that Black people are more likely to use are higher than the ones White people are more likely to use. Those laws were made very intentionally.

But other times systems can reinforce racism without any current intent. Even after the end of redlining, many of the effects continued to perpetuate themselves simple because redlining had already created segregated unequal communities. So even though the actual law has been stricken from the books it continues to have negatives effects.

No. That's like claiming that someone that had cancer, went through Chemo, and is now cancer free still has cancer. A cancer survivor that has beaten it might be a physical wreck from the treatments, might have a long recovery ahead of them, but the cancer is gone.

And that's what the Left cannot admit--that while there are still racists (of all races) out there and, people being people, always will be, the cancer of systemic racism is gone. We've burned it out over the generations during and after the Civil Rights era.

And that's what the Left cannot admit--that while there are still racists (of all races) out there and, people being people, always will be, the cancer of systemic racism is gone. We've burned it out over the generations during and after the Civil Rights era.
I mean don't get me wrong. We have made a LOT of progress, obviously.

But what about the laws regarding drugs that I mentioned earlier? Or for example schools being funded by property taxes disproportionately hurts poor people, which in turn disproportionately hurts Black people as they are disproportionately poor. There are still some cultural issues too, like fact that you are more likely to hear back from a job interview if you have a White sounding name compared to a non-White name.

No. That's like claiming that someone that had cancer, went through Chemo, and is now cancer free still has cancer. A cancer survivor that has beaten it might be a physical wreck from the treatments, might have a long recovery ahead of them, but the cancer is gone.

That's a terrible analogy.

So one Democrat represents the "Dems"?

I mean don't get me wrong. We have made a LOT of progress, obviously.

to hear the race hustlers talk, you wouldn’t think we’d made any progress at all.

But what about the laws regarding drugs that I mentioned earlier? Or for example schools being funded by property taxes disproportionately hurts poor people, which in turn disproportionately hurts Black people as they are disproportionately poor. There are still some cultural issues too, like fact that you are more likely to hear back from a job interview if you have a White sounding name compared to a non-White name.

As I pointed out, systemic racism actually requires racism—the aftereffects of systemic racism now gone is not the same. So policies that have disproportionately fewer benefits for the poor are not themselves inherently racist, proof needs to be given that racism is the reason for the disparity. Second, systemic racism requires that the racism must be systemic—meaning, when people say that “everybody does it,” they aren’t exaggerating by much. Yes, you can find cases of modern racism, I remember hearing of a Black man who was able to pass for “White” on the phone, who found that at a particular real estate agency some houses mysteriously appeared if he sounded “White.” That sort of behavior is illegal, and universally condemned when discovered (almost—as I said, we will always have bigots with us). But it isn’t systemic.

to hear the race hustlers talk, you wouldn’t think we’d made any progress at all.

As I pointed out, systemic racism actually requires racism—the aftereffects of systemic racism now gone is not the same. So policies that have disproportionately fewer benefits for the poor are not themselves inherently racist, proof needs to be given that racism is the reason for the disparity. Second, systemic racism requires that the racism must be systemic—meaning, when people say that “everybody does it,” they aren’t exaggerating by much. Yes, you can find cases of modern racism, I remember hearing of a Black man who was able to pass for “White” on the phone, who found that at a particular real estate agency some houses mysteriously appeared if he sounded “White.” That sort of behavior is illegal, and universally condemned when discovered (almost—as I said, we will always have bigots with us). But it isn’t systemic.
Intent doesnt really play much of a factor and hasnt in the original voting rights act, all that was needed was disproportionate hampering of the vote.

Intent doesnt really play much of a factor and hasnt in the original voting rights act, all that was needed was disproportionate hampering of the vote.

I don't really see what that has to do with my point that systemic racism must, in fact, be systemic.

We're in good hands with President Joe Biden imo. President Biden has my continued support.(y)
Of course you're supporting him. That's all we got leading our country and leading NATO against a dictator with thousands of nuclear weapons. Who wouldn't want to rely on a senile old man who has trouble finishing a sentence or reading a teleprompter? Not to mention Kamala who embarrasses herself whenever she has to speak in public.
We need lots of luck and a unified NATO to get through this crises.
Hope your "good hands" leader is up to the task.

Back
Top Bottom